User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I love 'em. Just totally love 'em.

It's like instant recognition of a soulmate.

But in RL I keep my distance because they wear me out.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Soulmates do that, because they wear you out spiritually, unlike other types who are more physical, emotional, or intellectual. It allows you to grow spiritually much faster than normal. You just have to relax every once in a while like any exercise.

MBTI
    INFP

What wears me out is that I start to fall "in love" and so, being married, I have to keep good boundaries with those guys!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

If only it was that way with everyone, no one would hate.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Even though I've always been drawn to NF women (especially INFJ women), I can see where the NF-NF exhaustion comes from, which could lead to repulsion. I'm fully capable of playing the xSTJ on a surface level, but after having to do so, constantly, for my highly emotional ISFP mother and for my work over the past year and 3 months, I am drained.

I also suspect I will quickly draw back (romantically) from any overly emotional NF females I meet in the future, knowing that I cannot be counted on being the "T" in the relationship 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rvinnie View Post
    I am married to an ISTJ woman and it is incredibly difficut regarding communication and closeness. She rarely opens up or orients her perspective around the relationship.

My suggestion to you NF women, is thank God for NF men and lighten up a little bit. Date or marry an ST and you will come running back to an NF.

Personally, when dealing with other NF women in business or friendship, it is a breath of fresh air. Even an NT is a delight. Speaking about concepts and ideas rather than the concrete is amazing.

All NF's have the tendency to always want something better. That seems to be what I am hearing here. I can tell you I am very tough when I need to be and in business am forced to use my T abilities heavily. It is uncomfortable but necessary.

My adivce, NF's should always stick with NF's and perhaps NT's if it feels right but NEVER ST's.

Thats my two cents for what it's worth. I speak not from theory but experience. After all I am a genuine ENFJ, a human x ray machine.
    What's interesting is that despite everything you mentioned, you still were attracted to and ultimately married an ISTJ. That's perfectly understandable, as I quite enjoy ISTJs, but there's something deeper than your words at play here. I think that may be the topic that this thread is trying to explore, in fact.

MBTI
    INFP

Try an ENFJ if you can.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Depressing.

I am not going to start being ST... sorry. I don't see why it can't be her being that. I am not interested in cold hard concrete facts. If you want something like that, go spend your time with someone else (and they usually do)... I have no problem with her deciding something trivial (read: almost everything, as long as it doesn't mess with "the code" ), it's just that I am not going to change any more for anyone. If the world is so god damn ST that I can't fit in, then too bad for the world.

I am so fed up with this preconception that I must change to fit in. I've dealt with that my whole life, and I am not doing it anymore.

(I must add that I really enjoyed reading the discussion, I am just annoyed by the idea of changing myself to fill someone's expectations)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I love NF men for the connection, and understanding but I often feel like I have made another female friend in mens clothing (no offence to any NF men) in that I can open up about anything and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    On a serious note, I just think you guys need to find somone that is capable of being a man when the need arises.
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    But my main problem is that I need someone to balance out my emotions. I need a rock to cling to; I would love someone that could help me be strong and give me foundation.
    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If you want an NF man but wish he'd flex his S & T more, simply find one who can. Older NF males should be able to better.
    I haven't read through each and every post, but from what I have read, it seems there's this general idea that NF's naturally are needy, high maintenance, "friend-zone", wussy types of guys. I could see that being a major turn-off for most women regardless of personality type... I don't know, maybe there's some women out there who dig that type of guy, but most women would be put off by that.

Still, I wonder how accurate that characterization of NF's really is... I mean, maybe it is accurate - you all are probably more knowledgable about the MBTI than I am, but I wouldn't describe myself as being particularly needy, high maintenance, or overly emotional in a relationship. It also depends, as many have alluded already, on the maturity level of the NF.

MBTI
    INFP

or it could be that all that stuff is NF's trying to get some love in a cold world. Do you know that if a NF is given enough attention and care, that they mature the fastest. Not the easiest to notice, but less work needed in the long run. Like the 80/20 rule: do you want someone who is 80% of what you always wanted, or are you going to keep hanging out with 20% people till you burn out. That seems to be the real problem with society: wanting 100% out of someone who's not perfect.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by jtanSis1 View Post
    or it could be that all that stuff is NF's trying to get some love in a cold world. Do you know that if a NF is given enough attention and care, that they mature the fastest. Not the easiest to notice, but less work needed in the long run. Like the 80/20 rule: do you want someone who is 80% of what you always wanted, or are you going to keep hanging out with 20% people till you burn out. That seems to be the real problem with society: wanting 100% out of someone who's not perfect.
    Interesting observation, jtan.

This unwieldy personality of mine has taken a lot of years of hard work to manage. Doubt I'm done yet.

But it's divine being me!