User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceTD View Post
    I've been paying attention lately to how often (every second) I use my Extraverted-iNtuition function. And I notice that in almost everything someone says or everything that happens there is this background question that kind of banners everything..."What Does This Mean?" I've read lots of things that say this function is almost psychic when it comes to knowing the motivations, thoughts, and feelings or other people.

And I'd like to know from others with this function, particulary other ENFPs, if you have noticed that what you instinctively know normally turns out right. It can be pretty alarming to me sometimes the things I derive from simple phrases or events, so that I am now sometime second guessing it. I'm thinking "this person said NOTHING about this so how did I arrive at this conclusion?"

How often do you trust it? Is it usually RIGHT?
    Re title: No.

"Is it usually RIGHT?" Disturbingly, yes.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ

I've read lots of things that say this function is almost psychic when it comes to knowing the motivations, thoughts, and feelings or other people.
    That's only true with a strong F to accompany the intuition. Without F, intuition usually just leads to a buncha weak attempts at reading other people (I find that my INTJ dad is a good example of what those look like).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    That's only true with a strong F to accompany the intuition. Without F, intuition usually just leads to a buncha weak attempts at reading other people (I find that my INTJ dad is a good example of what those look like).
    Totally agreed.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Re title: No.
    Seconded.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Wait.. I initially disregarded whole the title of the question. Always right? Nah.

When I read the paragraph- 'usually'- yes. That's what I meant.

Sometimes I get really strong random hunches about people or situations that I ignore/just go with the flow with.. then I'm thoroughly surprised as to how accurate those hunches were- not that they were good or bad- it just told me something about the person or the situation that seemed irrelevant in the begining. if ya get what I'm saaying.. ;P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I apologize to everyone for saying Ni and ALWAYS in the title. tried to change it but i can't...anyway. Thank you everyone for sharing your answers. Obviously, it (Ne) can't be right all the time without concrete evidence, I understand that. My question was more to ENFPs about what types of things they are able to pick up on, and in your experience do these instincts usually turn out to be correctly judged. In my experience, my "hunches" are normally right especially in friendships and relationships. I do not act upon every instinct or feeling but when I have I've been right. That's it all I was saying.

MBTI
    istp

i wouldnt even say it is usually "right", outside of subjective truths and self-fulfilling prophecy

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i'll say it is usually right. i don't know what it is as i don't consciously think through all the signs or steps to get to my conclusion. my brain just makes links without me realizing it and shockingly, it is really quite accurate. people think that my thoughts are unconnected and random and they wonder how i got it right. they are not random. i think Ne allows people to collect a lot of signs together and make an inference to the best solution (i made a thread about this, but no one really got it). it does make it hard to communicate with some people sometimes though, as they think you're making unjustified leaps. joke's on them .

MBTI
    ENTP

The distinguishing thing about Ni isn't that it's right or wrong. It's a way of perceiving. The confidence INTJs or INFJs get is from their preferred method of extraverting judgment.

edit: ok after seeing that the OP made a mistake....my post still stands. Ne is also perception.

A sensor and an intuitive can look at the same thing but notice different things about it. Neither of them are wrong or right until they make a claim.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    The distinguishing thing about Ni isn't that it's right or wrong. It's a way of perceiving. The confidence INTJs or INFJs get is from their preferred method of extraverting judgment.
    Pay attention, folks.