User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

I don't even measure how much I read in, change, magnify, or elaborate on things anymore. I've gotten too crazy and don't even care to explain to others how I came to those conclusions. At the very least it makes for interesting conversations, and when you're right it makes you look sort of prophetic.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsifer View Post
    I find that often I am looking too much into things, is this common for an INFJ?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

My parents often tell me I overanalyze waay too much. I guess it started when I first learned how to ask, "Why?" Why this. Why that.

My mother even told me I asked too many questions for a kid. I still remember.. her frustrations.. poor mommy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

I agree completely. To everything. I often ask a lot of questions, just in general. I've been told that I think too much. Hmmm... Is it true? Or is it that I just process things differently and come around to an answer- if that happens- through a different process? It's a thought. As stated before, pondering and thinking in this way has played a part in creating who I am. And I rather enjoy that person.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm...I'm not certain if I read too much into things. Though I can get to a point where I over think about problems and outcomes and all possible results [when it would be far better to just follow my intuition on things because 99% of the time, my intuition is correct ...but me an my N have trust issues with each other it seems ]. So, alright, perhaps I do have a tendency to sometimes read into things too much. Though it is something I've conditioned myself not to do very often. I used to be incredibly embarrassed when my mother would jump to conclusions and fly off the handle at someone before she even understood everything [I would completely love to learn what her type is, seriously...it might help explain a LOT].

...where was I going with this again..?

Oh yes...and asking a lot of 'why' questions was something I've been accused for on more than one occasion. My great-aunt once told me that she'd always figured I'd pursue a Law career because of my 'need to know everything' attitude.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    INFJ

This has been a lifelong burden for me, but I wouldn't call it "looking too much into things" or "thinking too much" (oft-repeated from SP/SJs to me.)

Understanding life on a level most people are not privy to is very isolating. There are conversations I just cannot have. I have to wait for other people to "discover" on their own what I've known all along. Sometimes, when I am too quiet, it's because I know from past experiences that anything I say is so over what others can conceive of NOW. When I've been vocal, I've been called "the devil". Why bother?

In my teens and 20s I was prone to frustration because I couldn't understand why other people weren't smart enough to understand what I could see so clearly. In order for me to "be" in the world, I would need to "forget" 70% of the information I knew just so I could attempt to flow naturally with others. Problem is, it never worked me. For the most part, I have had to live in a world of my own making, occasionally dealing with others. All these years later this knowingness is still very isolating.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by felt up View Post
    This has been a lifelong burden for me, but I wouldn't call it "looking too much into things" or "thinking too much" (oft-repeated from SP/SJs to me.)
    In my teens and 20s I was prone to frustration because I couldn't understand why other people weren't smart enough to understand what I could see so clearly. In order for me to "be" in the world, I would need to "forget" 70% of the information I knew just so I could attempt to flow naturally with others. Problem is, it never worked me. For the most part, I have had to live in a world of my own making, occasionally dealing with others. All these years later this knowingness is still very isolating.
    Dang, I was hoping that frustration would end sometime. Bother.
    I over think nearly everything in my life. I find it interesting and helpful to know possible scenarios and situations. I'm prepared for those possibilities then. And the more off the wall scenarios have the added benefit of being amusing.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    My parents often tell me I overanalyze waay too much. I guess it started when I first learned how to ask, "Why?" Why this. Why that.

My mother even told me I asked too many questions for a kid. I still remember.. her frustrations.. poor mommy.
    Me too. Shame the interwebs didn't exist when I was a kid. My mother's standard answer was "Go to the library and Look it up!" or "Don't ask me." (or "Go to your room, I can't stand any more questions!")

A classic example of me looking too much into things, was a questionnaire for work proficiency I had to fill out one time...two weeks and fifteen pages later (it was a four page questionnaire), I handed it in, to the surprise of my trainer. She intially thought I had flaked. She told me no-one else in the entire history of the company had filled out that questionaire as comprehensively as I did.
    She was expecting a sentence or two for each question. Yeah, I'm a geek.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Haha, I out-overanalyze my INFJ mother. I'm pretty good at catching when I'm doing it though, and that makes all the difference. Redemption!

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    I don't even measure how much I read in, change, magnify, or elaborate on things anymore. I've gotten too crazy and don't even care to explain to others how I came to those conclusions. At the very least it makes for interesting conversations, and when you're right it makes you look sort of prophetic.
    +1. I tend to analyze everything, constantly, down to my own meta-thought patterns. How I perceive others, how they see me, what I think about them, what they think about me. I also tend to daydream and ruminate a lot. (Goin' round in circles...) Ever since I learned to observe my environment in a V.I type of way, I find that I can discover conscious external tags for personality traits, and it's interesting to understand that type of thing. But I don't try to explain it to other people much, as that'd be confusing for them xD. I also like to link disparate things in analogical format.