User Tag List

Page 753 of 1067 FirstFirst ... 253653703743751752753754755763803853 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 10662

Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    What's funny is that I've actually had one person tell me before that they don't think that I'm Fe, and think I'm an SFP. I was really baffled when they said that because I've never not tested as an SJ. I'm very confident about Si/Ne but I'm always second guessing myself and Fe/Ti despite constantly testing as Fe. I think a part of me is worried that what looks like Fe is actually 9/Fi in disguise. I don't know if I'll ever be confident.
    Well, what parts of Fi and Fe do you relate to? What is your understanding of how these two functions work? Cognitive function aren't set in stone, and it makes it challenging for me even to analyze my own thoughts. What really differentiates Fi from Ti? The two are both focused on rationalizing/analyzing internally. Fe is about expressing feelings outwardly, which doesn't have much purpose other than to comfort others. Fi can be used to make judgements, but from what I've gathered it's simply not the logical judgements that Ti would make, therefore meaning that if I am a rational being, I am indeed Ne-Ti. The whole system isn't clear enough for me to draw a certain conclusion though. I'd like to hear what anyone defines the function as, so that I can continue to develop my understanding of and ability to recognize them.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴇᴇʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴏᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    Well, what parts of Fi and Fe do you relate to? What is your understanding of how these two functions work? Cognitive function aren't set in stone, and it makes it challenging for me even to analyze my own thoughts. What really differentiates Fi from Ti? The two are both focused on rationalizing/analyzing internally. Fe is about expressing feelings outwardly, which doesn't have much purpose other than to comfort others. Fi can be used to make judgements, but from what I've gathered it's simply not the logical judgements that Ti would make, therefore meaning that if I am a rational being, I am indeed Ne-Ti. The whole system isn't clear enough for me to draw a certain conclusion though. I'd like to hear what anyone defines the function as, so that I can continue to develop my understanding of and ability to recognize them.
    Part of the reason it's so hard is because every other day I bitch about type stereotypes even though that's what this whole damn system is based off of lol.

Fi/Fe and 9: I care about following little social rules and they're always in the back of my mind during all interactions. I try not to offend people even if it means hiding the truth about what I believe, but that doesn't mean I agree with their viewpoint, either. However, I also enjoy the occasional debate on serious (usually ethical or sociopolotical) issues, but only in friendly environments, and usually classroom or mature settings. I think of myself more as an individual than as a functioning member of society and feel disconnected from many people in physical social settings, although this could just be my social awkwardness and the fact that I don't know how to make friends outside of the internet (and haven't done so since high school) despite being described by others as friendly and likable. I am super friendly with everyone I meet, no exceptions, and generally trust everyone and have a positive opinion of them unless they give me a reason not to (such as disagreeing with an important value of mine; but even then I do not vocalize this or tell them). I feel like there are people I meet in school who are friendly with me, but once the semester is over I never see them again. I don't ask for people's phone numbers or give them mine or even think about it. I generally just want to be left alone to my own thoughts when I'm out somewhere like school and have to cover up my minor annoyance when random people come up and talk to me when I'm trying to go somewhere or do something. I feel a lot of emotions but sometimes don't know how to describe what exactly I'm feeling and it can be frustrating. I often need to talk to my two closest friends about what I'm feeling, not so much so they'll respond or give advice, but so they'll listen. I do this basically daily. I need to think aloud about what I'm feeling and try to describe it to someone else in order to fully comprehend it myself. I try to take constructive criticism well because I understand that it's constructive and not personal but it always kind of hurts. I cannot stand conflict. I have NEVER gotten into a heated argument with anyone except members of my immediate family, and this I think is because we simply know each other on a different level than we know other people. I need other people to like me. If I find out someone doesn't like me for whatever reason it upsets me and I dwell on it for days. I tend to mirror people unconsciously: I smile when others smile, I mirror people's hand gestures, I've even started talking with someone else's accent without even realizing it.

This has all just been rambling on feeling stuff. Not sure which is Fi or Fe because of the damn 9 which is why I'm always confused about this in the first place. If you want me to clarify or expand just ask. I'm constantly worried that there's something I might want to add, or that I might have spent too much time talking about one important part of my personality than another which might make me answer seem biased towards Fi or Fe, and I'm worried that even the way I talk and act in general might confuse the whole matter because I'm a lot more direct and to the point on this forum than I am in real life conversation.

Fi/Ti: I don't have as strong an understanding on the thinking functions, especially Ti. I feel like I relate more to aspects of Te than Ti, but that might just be because there are a lot of Te-using ISTJs in my life and, like I said, I tend to mirror other people without even knowing it. I guess it's kind of like I don't know what parts of me are my personality, and what parts are just things I've picked up from other people.

***Edit/Addition: I guess one way to summarize what I'm feeling is, am I really Fe, or am I just trying to convince everyone (including myself) that I'm Fe?
    Last edited by 21lux; 10-07-2015 at 04:03 AM. Reason: added *** at the end

I'm so alone
    Trying to find my way back home to you
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes RobinSkye liked this post

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I think so, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I think so, actually.
    Obviously.
    Likes Osprey liked this post

^No idea since they havent listed it next to their avatar.

I'm not 100% sure anymore if I'm ENTJ, I just dont think I'm the other types which have been proposed for me, besides the extroversion, introversion axis I'm not sure if the value of typology anymore or its accuracy but I think that the extro-intro thing is a good concept for thinking about sociability versus solitude.
    Likes Rico liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    ^No idea since they havent listed it next to their avatar.

I'm not 100% sure anymore if I'm ENTJ, I just dont think I'm the other types which have been proposed for me, besides the extroversion, introversion axis I'm not sure if the value of typology anymore or its accuracy but I think that the extro-intro thing is a good concept for thinking about sociability versus solitude.
    Look at my signature. It's hard not to miss [emoji14]

You probably are, but have started to doubt things because of the things you have witnessed over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    Look at my signature. It's hard not to miss [emoji14]

You probably are, but have started to doubt things because of the things you have witnessed over the years.
    I dont usually read signatures, although I generally think that most people have sufficient insight or interest to type themselves correctly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Probably
    INFP
    Ni>Fi>Ne>Fe>Ti>Si>Te>Se
    socionics NF
    4w3 - 5w6 - 9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont usually read signatures, although I generally think that most people have sufficient insight or interest to type themselves correctly.
    Fair enough, though it took me a long enough time to get here. A year and a half. I started off as an ENTP, but ESxP fit better, so I checked out both sets of functions, and compared them to ENxJ, but it seemed like I could fit both as my best fit. So, I explored enneagram. I done tests both online and questionnaires on the forums. 8 and sx were the most the most commonly quoted, then 3w4 and 7w8.

And then I read something about ESxP 8s coming across as ENxJ-like, despite not having the same functional order. It made sense to me then after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    Fair enough, though it took me a long enough time to get here. A year and a half. I started off as an ENTP, but ESxP fit better, so I checked out both sets of functions, and compared them to ENxJ, but it seemed like I could fit both as my best fit. So, I explored enneagram. I done tests both online and questionnaires on the forums. 8 and sx were the most the most commonly quoted, then 3w4 and 7w8.

And then I read something about ESxP 8s coming across as ENxJ-like, despite not having the same functional order. It made sense to me then after that.
    Which is why I'm not inclined to question people's self-determined types, I guess they have done that amount of research themselves usually and mine isnt going to stack up against that so well. I have books on enneagram for instance but havent done a quiz in years and I have had radically different results with most of the personality typology indexes besides the MBTI one, which makes me suspsicious of the results of both for different reasons.