User Tag List

Page 673 of 1069 FirstFirst ... 173573623663671672673674675683723773 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,730 of 10686

Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

eSTP 9w8 Sp/Sx
    Likes wolfy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    I feel like its because they dont take the time to understand, making up excuses on why not to so that they dont have to explore the darkest parts of yourself. You cant run away from that, once confronted you HAVE to deal with it one way or another. Even if you refuse not to.

but this is feeling based reason. I dont really know why so many people fail at it. Since I was never one of them. I always knew who I was. I cant speak for others.
    My observation is different. I think that the more you try to understand yourself, the more complicated it gets. We are driven by so many factors that maybe knowing ourselves completely is imposible.

@Evee INFP but ennegram 4/5 , I really don't know now...
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes N/A, themightyfetus liked this post

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

@evilrubberduckie I see it differently. People who change their type often don't necessarily misunderstand themselves. For instance, I'm always tweaking my listed type. It's not about a lack of self-awareness; it's about learning the ins and outs of the typology system itself. I know myself like the back of my hand. I'm very introspective and constantly thinking about who I am. I've been with myself my whole life. Type theory, however, is a new phenomenon to me. When I edit my listed type, it's not because I'm ignoring the darkest parts of myself (I know them all too well). It's because I'm feeling out which type fits best with the developed picture of my internal being.

Furthermore, I do a lot of "vibe" self-typing. How it works is that I research the systems (I wouldn't just call myself something without knowing anything about it), think about how it fits with me logically, and then apply it. If it just doesn't "feel right" or "groove" with my inner aura, I let it go. That's how I ruled out ESFP in the list of all the Fi types for myself. I looked into the functions, decided that I use very little Se, and thought deeply about who I am now and who I used to be. I came to realize that ESFP just didn't fit right with me. I can't explain exactly how that vibe feeling came. It just did. So, I list different types mostly for myself; it helps to see it written out sometimes.

That's just my take on it.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

Senior Member Array evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    @evilrubberduckie I see it differently. People who change their type often don't necessarily misunderstand themselves. For instance, I'm always tweaking my listed type. It's not about a lack of self-awareness; it's about learning the ins and outs of the typology system itself. I know myself like the back of my hand. I'm very introspective and constantly thinking about who I am. I've been with myself my whole life. Type theory, however, is a new phenomenon to me. When I edit my listed type, it's not because I'm ignoring the darkest parts of myself (I know them all too well). It's because I'm feeling out which type fits best with the developed picture of my internal being.

Furthermore, I do a lot of "vibe" self-typing. How it works is that I research the systems (I wouldn't just call myself something without knowing anything about it), think about how it fits with me logically, and then apply it. If it just doesn't "feel right" or "groove" with my inner aura, I let it go. That's how I ruled out ESFP in the list of all the Fi types for myself. I looked into the functions, decided that I use very little Se, and thought deeply about who I am now and who I used to be. I came to realize that ESFP just didn't fit right with me. I can't explain exactly how that vibe feeling came. It just did. So, I list different types mostly for myself; it helps to see it written out sometimes.

That's just my take on it.
    Never thought about it that way. Thank you for the insightful perspective. ((skip me))
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    If it just doesn't "feel right" or "groove" with my inner aura, I let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I now realize how silly that "inner aura" statement sounded.

6w7-2w3-9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    Honestly, I dont understand people who dont understand themselves. I mean honestly, why wold it take you so long to realize how you interact with your environment? If I see someone constantly changing thier types, they kinda loose some brownie points for me. I think of it like "If you cant understand yourself, how am I to expect that you can understand others?" Like, you have been living with yourself your whole life and yet you STILL dont know the way your own brain works? @Sinclair @Frosty6226

Just something to think about I Guess.

((SKIP ME))
    Oh! Nice conversation topic!

Half-serious answer: Sometimes it's more interesting to see what other people see when they look at you. How they reason out their typings. Are they looking at the individual holistically or just the coherence of characters beside their name? What biases are they bringing into play? Can I guess them? Can I correct for them? I find that interesting. Also, because fun.

More serious answer: I consider self delusion one of the most fundamental parts of the human psyche. We often construct our identities according to what pleases us most and we will imitate the behaviors we find desirable, coddle the ones we find forgivable, minimize the ones that directly contradict, and dismiss the strain and effort this sometimes causes. I already have a pretty good idea of my inclinations and while I accept that I'll never find a 100% perfect fit in these systems, there's also something addictive(?) about shifting these blocks around. I've got Jenga on the mind.

Skip.
    Likes N/A, themightyfetus, chickpea liked this post

This thread has taken a much deeper and more meaningful turn. I'm enjoying this.

6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

I'm not.

Keep it simple! ^mmmmyah.....yahyah.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Oh! Nice conversation topic!

Half-serious answer: Sometimes it's more interesting to see what other people see when they look at you. How they reason out their typings. Are they looking at the individual holistically or just the coherence of characters beside their name? What biases are they bringing into play? Can I guess them? Can I correct for them? I find that interesting. Also, because fun.

More serious answer: I consider self delusion one of the most fundamental parts of the human psyche. We often construct our identities according to what pleases us most and we will imitate the behaviors we find desirable, coddle the ones we find forgivable, minimize the ones that directly contradict, and dismiss the strain and effort this sometimes causes. I already have a pretty good idea of my inclinations and while I accept that I'll never find a 100% perfect fit in these systems, there's also something addictive(?) about shifting these blocks around. I've got Jenga on the mind.

Skip.
    Yes. The first paragraph is kind of something I do- I try not really to look at the results- what the final product ends up seeming in the broadest sense- but what path led to that product- and whether it is entirely composed of disjointed/possibly recycled material- because for many that it easier than forging something for themselves.

Let me be the first to say- I am not incredibly well read on the various nuances of different typological theories- but I am aware of that. I am also aware that I could read and read until the end of time, and I myself would end up being both too simplistic and too complex to be translated absolutely onto typological systems- typological profiles.

Typological profiles are the worst- basically horoscopes that instead of being taken as loose descriptions allowing individual variation within them- they are oftentimes seeming to be taken at face value- leading to both/either overidentification with particulars/particular outputs or underidentification. The overidentification is blinding- it stops the idividual from self developing within all the nuanced undertones of the type~as an individual within something larger. Underidentification~ which I think sometimes comes from a fear of over-identification that 9's-and I suppose possibly other types can be prone to- causes the appearance of lacking an identity- but I don't think that this appearance is necessarily reality- it is just an externalized identity many 9's do not always fully develop.

There is also another aspect related to overidentification- attaching to what is desirable to develop a certain self image... In a way that really doesn't always make sense. You cannot be an ISTP and use Fi fluently- not in its real form- but you can glamorize something in yourself that you believe to be Fi like- further it- and convince both yourself and others of it if that is your perogative. But you will only be deluding yourself. This happens when anyone really doesn't understand what cognitive functions are- they are blueprints, the structure of you- not something you can choose- or really to an extent choose to develop at a certain time- to a certain extent I think type is biologically motivated- it happens when it happens.

But those who hold on tightly to the... Semi-presumtuous- things that I am saying- continuously self validate- generally looking for external factors to self soothe. If I can find a site that says this is possible- then it could be and I can ignore everything telling me it isn't likely. And this is why there are mistypes on this site- partially. Typology introduces self descovery at the risk of self delusion.

Boy this is fun- I was kind of losing it near the end though.