User Tag List

Page 512 of 1066 FirstFirst ... 124124625025105115125135145225626121012 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 10656

Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?

  1. #5111
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I lean more to ISFP. I can see both being valid, but I see Ni, not Ne.
    ^Might you have more going for a case on this? I'm actually interested.



    And Hard, I wouldn't be surprised if you were actually ISTP.

  2. #5112
    Injustice Needs To stoP Array RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    @Cygnus
    I believe you're type is Jedi.

    And @Hard is certainly an ESTJ
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  3. #5113
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    I don't think so, but I won't waste any more time thinking about that.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  4. #5114
    Seal Down Array Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    7,338

    Default

    (Skip me since I am replying to a comment).

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    And Hard is certainly an ESTJ
    Oh really? Please do tell me more and explain why you think this is so. Better yet, why don't you start a thread questioning/challenging my type. I give you full permission to do so. If you're too bothered, I could start it on your behalf.

    I've said to you several times in the past that I am not an ESTJ, as well as many others. It's actually kind of amusing in a way. You see ESTJ's as just bad all around, and swing it around as if it's some sort of insult. It's childish and quite blasé considering historically the kinds of people who wield false typism like that. Fun fact: I actually respect ESTJ's as a type significantly, and see them as having many many qualities I would like to have myself. For others to see me as one is strangely satisfying in a way because it means I am doing somethhing right.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

  5. #5115
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Oh really? Please do tell me more and explain why you think this is so. Better yet, why don't you start a thread questioning/challenging my type. I give you full permission to do so. If you're too bothered, I could start it on your behalf.

    I've said to you several times in the past that I am not an ESTJ, as well as many others. It's actually kind of amusing in a way. You see ESTJ's as just bad all around, and swing it around as if it's some sort of insult. It's childish and quite blasé considering historically the kinds of people who wield false typism like that. Fun fact: I actually respect ESTJ's as a type significantly, and see them as having many many qualities I would like to have myself. For others to see me as one is strangely satisfying in a way because it means I am doing somethhing right.

    It's because your use of Fe doesn't match up with the role of any Extroverted Rational at all. Your role as the social "paladin," adhering to a rigid agenda for the sake of the greater good, isn't the role of Je. Je is about personally adhering to external parameters of judgment for the endgame goal of preserving the individiual's internal position as defined by Pi. For Dynamics, "Judgment" and "ideals" as defined by reality are an external means to internal ends, the end of preserving oneself. To contrast, a Static's sense of "well-being," or his Perception, are oriented in external reality and subject to change, while his Judgments, or "ideals," can hardly be swayed by the outside world.


    ESTjs don't care about furthering the logical progress of the world or adhering to strict logical standards. That's ISTjs, sticking to the values of Ti. ENFj isn't about consciously doing whatever you can to preserve social harmony -- it happens by instinct. Je isn't about consciously directing all your actions to better suit the requirements of external consensus. Je does that automatically, only to benefit the self. You seem to do it consciously, as if it's some internalized ideal of yours to protect group harmony as long as possible.




    You seem to actively pursue values in the context of Fe, as if it's a weaker but valued function you ultimately want to develop. The way you approach "order" and "structure" in the context of group dynamic matches up with Ti more than anything:
    Quote Originally Posted by the16types
    Ti as Leading Function (LSI, LII)

    The individual views reality through the lens of logic, immediately recognizing the correctness and appropriateness of things and their proper place in reality and in his system of views and behavior. He freely makes logical assertions, often exaggerated, about new information and experience. He holds highest those rules to which exceptions do not exist, and is a habitual critic of people or things that don't follow a set of rules, whether they are those accepted by the community, or his own, or even the other person's. Although he is able to adopt others' rules, his own are always the last word, and these are subject to continual refinement. Often seen as "demanding", due to high standards.




    Based on both your actions on this forum and your descriptions of yourself in reality, you seem much more like the latter of these two than the former:

    Quote Originally Posted by the16types
    Fe as Leading Function

    The individual is always in tune to the unifying and harmonizing aspects in the constant flow of reality that he perceives surrounding him, and responds to these sensitively, spontaneously and directly. He seeks out and creates activities where people are totally invested and engaged in what they are doing, as well as concepts and ideals that will allow people to feel united in their values and purpose. Something's value for him is directly tied to how much coactive zeal it inspires. He is highly proactive about steering the flow of events into the direction he himself considers ideal. He may, for example, try to lighten a tense atmosphere with jokes and optimistic statements, as happens in case of ESE, or, conversely, get people to be serious and concentrated if they are too carefree during a crisis situation or try to instill a sense of purpose if they are too demotivated as happens in case of EIE. Nevertheless, he believes in full investment, for him there are no half-measures.
    Quote Originally Posted by the16types
    Fe as Suggestive Function (LSI, LII)

    The individual often becomes engrossed in serious work, which leads him to neglect his complementary need for fun and emotional release. He also feels vulnerable expressing himself spontaneously in public, which allows bad emotions and stress to build up, leading to depression or sudden hostility. He enjoys being around people who make him feel comfortable expressing himself, and who can make every day new and exciting. Although he may present a hard exterior in the company of strangers, he is likely to not be serious at all with people who know him better. His behavior changes radically - a calm and serious structured person will suddenly become jovial and warm.


    It sounds like your attitude of "order" is actually the voice of Ti, trying to pursue the ideal of Fe. You'd be LSI.

  6. #5116
    Seal Down Array Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    7,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    It's because your use of Fe doesn't match up with the role of any Extroverted Rational at all. Your role as the social "paladin," adhering to a rigid agenda for the sake of the greater good, isn't the role of Je. Je is about personally adhering to external parameters of judgment for the endgame goal of preserving the individiual's internal position as defined by Pi. For Dynamics, "Judgment" and "ideals" as defined by reality are an external means to internal ends, the end of preserving oneself. To contrast, a Static's sense of "well-being," or his Perception, are oriented in external reality and subject to change, while his Judgments, or "ideals," can hardly be swayed by the outside world.

    ESTjs don't care about furthering the logical progress of the world or adhering to strict logical standards. That's ISTjs, sticking to the values of Ti. ENFj isn't about consciously doing whatever you can to preserve social harmony -- it happens by instinct. Je isn't about consciously directing all your actions to better suit the requirements of external consensus. Je does that automatically, only to benefit the self. You seem to do it consciously, as if it's some internalized ideal of yours to protect group harmony as long as possible.

    You seem to actively pursue values in the context of Fe, as if it's a weaker but valued function you ultimately want to develop. The way you approach "order" and "structure" in the context of group dynamic matches up with Ti more than anything:

    Based on both your actions on this forum and your descriptions of yourself in reality, you seem much more like the latter of these two than the former:

    It sounds like your attitude of "order" is actually the voice of Ti, trying to pursue the ideal of Fe. You'd be LSI.
    He's speaking in terms of MBTI, not socionics, but either way. I actually thought I was LSI in socionics for quite some time, as on the surface it does align up to me quite a bit. This is going to sound sort of confusing/impossible but both LSI and EIE descriptions fit me very well. They are both equally correct. Partially because I am both instinctual and intentional. A lot of it, is I recognize my instincts and allow them to go as is. I also bring them forward with concerted attention so it's more likely to have a good outcome. The intentional part is for consistency and fairness reasons. I actually see it as the other way around; Fe persuing Ti.

    The one thing I am absolutely certain of in the context of Socionics is that I am extremely Beta.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

  7. #5117
    Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    14,421

    Default

    E/I is hard to tell online, but NFJ seems reasonable.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

  8. #5118
    I am Array Fay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    2,497

    Default

    Probably, can't see why not
    INFP
    Ni>Fi>Ne>Fe>Ti>Si>Te>Se
    socionics NF
    4w3 - 5w6 - 9w8 so/sx

  9. #5119
    Honeyed Water Array thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    645

    Default

    maybe it's because I don't talk to you too often, but whenever I come across you, I think ESFP.
    But I am sure your listed type is fine.
    You are so arbitrary.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  10. #5120
    The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    maybe it's because I don't talk to you too often, but whenever I come across you, I think ESFP.
    But I am sure your listed type is fine.
    i get the esfp vibe for @Inis Mona too.

    For you I get an ENTP but since I never talk to you it's only based on your avatar.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] Hey ESFPs! Does this accurately describe you?
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2016, 08:12 PM
  2. what might i be typed as?
    By theprocrastinator in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 06:28 PM
  3. Help being typed!
    By rememberthisusername in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 11:49 AM
  4. I am typed different than I first was
    By Amorfous in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO