User Tag List

Page 449 of 1066 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549949 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 10657

Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?

Tempbanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I still think so/sp but maybe so/sp works too.
    They are very close, sp = so is probably more accurate. I could explain why i've chosen sp/so in more detail if you want, but that would have to be in a PM or another thread.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    They are very close, sp = so is probably more accurate. I could explain why i've chosen sp/so in more detail if you want, but that would have to be in a PM or another thread.
    You were officially typed as that or something like that right? I could see sp/so. From my impression of you they both do seem pretty close - I've had similar problems with so and sx in the past. And since you said you get more combative and engage in debates here, I could definitely see you being less socially-minded IRL and more worried by your sense of autonomy, dignity, personal space and comfort, etc. And perhaps more phobic like a classic self-preservation 6.

(skip me)
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Tempbanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

You were officially typed as that or something like that right? I could see sp/so. From my impression of you they both do seem pretty close - I've had similar problems with so and sx in the past. And since you said you get more combative and engage in debates here, I could definitely see you being less socially-minded IRL and more worried by your sense of autonomy, dignity, personal space and comfort, etc. And perhaps more phobic like a classic self-preservation 6.

(skip me)
    Well, I was also officially typed as a 4w5 and I don't believe that for a moment, even though my offline persona is a lot different.

(Skip me too, guys.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I still think so/sp but maybe so/sp works too.

Can you point out to me where in my descriptions of Ne are actually E7 characteristics?
    The future fixation and optimism about future possibility (such as your signature) is very characteristic for enneagram 7 types. They always need to feel like their is next great adventure waiting for them, that there are still new plans than can be made. 7s are naturally enthusiastic and open minded as they expect the joy of experience will arrive from nearly everything. I remember you once told me you're optimistic, because you enjoy spending time with your friends, lying at a beach, looking at the stars, being buzzed, sharing the company...these all are very Se pleasure seeking activities.

Ne types enjoy playing with systems and patterns for their own sake, living in their head, playing with possible outcomes, that might never become true, but that doesn't bother them. The play is what matters to Ne types the most.
    INFP
    Ni>Fi>Ne>Fe>Ti>Si>Te>Se
    socionics NF
    4w3 - 5w6 - 9w8 so/sx

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    The future fixation and optimism about future possibility (such as your signature) is very characteristic for enneagram 7 types. They always need to feel like their is next great adventure waiting for them, that there are still new plans than can be made. 7s are naturally enthusiastic and open minded as they expect the joy of experience will arrive from nearly everything. I remember you once told me you're optimistic, because you enjoy spending time with your friends, lying at a beach, looking at the stars, being buzzed, sharing the company...these all are very Se pleasure seeking activities.
    I don't think pursuing activities like these are characteristic of Se. Se is a perceiving function involving (to my knowledge) looking at what is, noticing opportunities for action, being aware what stands out, etc. Plus I know you enjoy being buzzed too. But you definitely seem ENFP to me. Although I don't remember saying future fixation and optimism is a characteristic of Ne - actually I only remember mentioning things like that for E7 really.

Ne types enjoy playing with systems and patterns for their own sake, living in their head, playing with possible outcomes, that might never become true, but that doesn't bother them. The play is what matters to Ne types the most.
    I'm not sure if I "enjoy" doing this, but playing possible outcomes in my head is what I do naturally every day. At least, this is where my thoughts go. I don't play with systems and patterns given to me, rather I look at the patterns I observe and create new systems based on that information. Perhaps this isn't something I "value" or "prioritize" but this is what I find myself doing without being fully conscious or aware of most of the day.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I don't think pursuing activities like these are characteristic of Se. Se is a perceiving function involving (to my knowledge) looking at what is, noticing opportunities for action, being aware what stands out, etc. Plus I know you enjoy being buzzed too. But you definitely seem ENFP to me. Although I don't remember saying future fixation and optimism is a characteristic of Ne - actually I only remember mentioning things like that for E7 really.

I'm not sure if I "enjoy" doing this, but playing possible outcomes in my head is what I do naturally every day. At least, this is where my thoughts go. I don't play with systems and patterns given to me, rather I look at the patterns I observe and create new systems based on that information. Perhaps this isn't something I "value" or "prioritize" but this is what I find myself doing without being fully conscious or aware of most of the day.
    Jung actually described Se as pleasure seeking. I advice you to read Jung's original function description, it made me to change my mind on alsmot very function. Here is Se, read it through you'll see what I mean by the pleasure seeking fixation
    INFP
    Ni>Fi>Ne>Fe>Ti>Si>Te>Se
    socionics NF
    4w3 - 5w6 - 9w8 so/sx

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    Jung actually described Se as pleasure seeking. I advice you to read Jung's original function description, it made me to change my mind on alsmot very function. Here is Se, read it through you'll see what I mean by the pleasure seeking fixation
    I have, it seems we've interpreted it differently. I took this to mean that ESPs are capable of seeing and appreciating an object's inherent beauty - how a sensation itself can be a pleasurable experience, and that the nature of Se is to have an attachment to and fondness of the object it is perceiving. Which I can admittedly relate to in some respects, which is why I have ESFP under my avatar right now. But I still believe it's not just the SPs who enjoy sensational activities and search for pleasure seeking things to do, which is why I'm contesting you on this in the first place.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I have, it seems we've interpreted it differently. I took this to mean that ESPs are capable of seeing and appreciating an object's inherent beauty - how a sensation itself can be a pleasurable experience, and that the nature of Se is to have an attachment to and fondness of the object it is perceiving. Which I can admittedly relate to in some respects, which is why I have ESFP under my avatar right now. But I still believe it's not just the SPs who enjoy sensational activities and search for pleasure seeking things to do, which is why I'm contesting you on this in the first place.
    Of Course ESPs are not the only type who seeks external pleasure seeking. Every type uses a sensing function and thus search for pleasure differently. This is from personality cafe and how ENFPs can use their sensing function when it comes to hobbies:
    I don't know if this is any helpful to you, if you you're not sure read more about the inferior Si in ENP types and you'll see how you relate to it. [ENTP] Recognizing the Inferior Function in ENTP
    INFP
    Ni>Fi>Ne>Fe>Ti>Si>Te>Se
    socionics NF
    4w3 - 5w6 - 9w8 so/sx

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

I think perhaps INFP would be correct. 4w5 for enneagram maybe? It's been a little while since you've been on vent, and I can't remember what I was typing you as then.

Feel free to skip me.
    Last edited by captain curmudgeon; 09-09-2014 at 05:57 AM.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

This is going to sound trite and simplistic, but I've always seen you more as a P type and a feeler at that.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm