User Tag List

Page 368 of 1069 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468868 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 10681

Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    ENFPs tend to be social for periods of time and then, they need to retreat to reflect. It's in the nature of the type. It's not a generalization. That is what the type does.
    I thinkthe Forer effect is happening right now. I don't think any healthy person, no matter how outgoing and extroverted they may be, is going to be able to socialize without retreating and reflecting. Humans need balance. Plus, if you're saying I don't retreat to reflect then this just goes to show how much people can't perceive over the internet. Actually sometimes I can isolate myself to the point where I get lonely and start craving socialization again. I always thought people knew this about me. Well, guess not. Yay, E7 party animal stereotypes.

Edit: not saying you stereotyped me, just rambling.

Chandler, I don't think you understand what Freudian slip means, and this isn't meant to be personal. If you want people to agree that you're ENFP, don't ask people what your type is. If you want to call yourself ENFP, I have absolutely no qualms about that.
    I know perfectly well what it means, I just wasn't trying to make it personal like you perceived it. Just an observation. Another point for leading with perception over feeling isn't it?

And I don't necessarily want people to agree on ENFP. That's ridiculous and asking a lot of the entire forum (spare the whole population). But I mean, why can't I have the right to flesh out my own thoughts? It's just a discussion, don't take it personally like I'm yelling at you because I'm not. And I don't think I should be forbidden to post in this thread if there's a possibility that I might disagree with someone's observations either.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I thinkthe Forer effect is happening right now. I don't think any healthy person, no matter how outgoing and extroverted they may be, is going to be able to socialize without retreating and reflecting. Humans need balance. Plus, if you're saying I don't retreat to reflect then this just goes to show how much people can't perceive over the internet. Actually sometimes I can isolate myself to the point where I get lonely and start craving socialization again. I always thought people knew this about me. Well, guess not. Yay, E7 party animal stereotypes.

Edit: not saying you stereotyped me, just rambling.

I know perfectly well what it means, I just wasn't trying to make it personal like you perceived it. Just an observation. Another point for leading with perception over feeling isn't it?

And I don't necessarily want people to agree on ENFP. That's ridiculous and asking a lot of the entire forum (spare the whole population). But I mean, why can't I have the right to flesh out my own thoughts? It's just a discussion, don't take it personally like I'm yelling at you because I'm not. And I don't think I should be forbidden to post in this thread if there's a possibility that I might disagree with someone's observations either.
    You do have the right to flesh out your own thoughts
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I think most type descriptions DO mention that ENFPs are rather introverted for extroverts. At least the good ones. And yes, life experience too. ENFPs tend to be social for periods of time and then, they need to retreat to reflect. It's in the nature of the type. It's not a generalization. That is what the type does.
    Preaching to the choir on this one. Like I said in my earlier post, I could see this. It makes sense, and I'd read it elsewhere. It's the "social skill" one that I'm questioning.
    No, I don't want to drop the subject, I just think it's nearly impossible to make a case on the internet when everybody is approaching the problem from fundamentally different angles. There's only so much I can say without spending 2 hours writing a very long post. (Don't have time.)
    True. We're definitely coming at this from different angles -- my first thought with the "social skills" thing was that it seemed to come entirely out of left field. I'd never seen any website or individual state that claim.
    Chandler, I don't think you understand what Freudian slip means, and this isn't meant to be personal. If you want people to agree that you're ENFP, don't ask people what your type is. If you want to call yourself ENFP, I have absolutely no qualms about that.
    It would have been a Freudian slip if you legitimately hadn't intended for it to sound negative -- i.e. slipping into that negative language without realizing it at all. It's hard to read "with all due respect" without taking the subsequent statement as negative, because the purpose of "with all due respect" is to try to cushion the blow in advance, right? To make people feel better about honest criticism?

@Chanaynay, I'm tempted to say that this interaction is evidence of what you were just asking me about. No matter how seemingly calm and relaxed Te language can be, it often appears VERY confrontational to Fe-users. I remember having a conversation on TypeC with a group of INTJs and INFJs who shall remain anonymous -- the INTJs and I were trying to convince the INFJ of something relating to the Fe/Te barrier, and the INFJ said something along the lines of "I know that we're only talking about facts, and everyone's being civil, but I've been fighting back non-confrontational feelings for this entire conversation." She went into a great deal of detail and wrote an excellent, thorough post about it, but I can't remember exactly what she said, besides the above paraphrasing.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

ndovjtjcaqidthi

If Chanaynay is an ENFP, I'm an INFJ.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

INFx -- and you've always seemed more 4 than 6 to me, but that might just be your (ever-changing) avatar choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    If Chanaynay is an ENFP, I'm an INFJ.
    Trololol(?)
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    INFx -- and you've always seemed more 4 than 6 to me, but that might just be your (ever-changing) avatar choices.

Trololol(?)
    I would agree a more 4 for him.

..Well hit me. >_<
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Trololol(?)
    @Nights and Days is a 4, yes. And IxFx- either infp or ISFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

He is either an ESTP or ISTP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I think your typing sounds surprisingly accurate, from what I've seen of you.

@Chanaynay, I'm tempted to say that this interaction is evidence of what you were just asking me about. No matter how seemingly calm and relaxed Te language can be, it often appears VERY confrontational to Fe-users. I remember having a conversation on TypeC with a group of INTJs and INFJs who shall remain anonymous -- the INTJs and I were trying to convince the INFJ of something relating to the Fe/Te barrier, and the INFJ said something along the lines of "I know that we're only talking about facts, and everyone's being civil, but I've been fighting back non-confrontational feelings for this entire conversation." She went into a great deal of detail and wrote an excellent, thorough post about it, but I can't remember exactly what she said, besides the above paraphrasing.
    Wow, I never knew Te/Fi could appear so confrontational and aggressive to Fe users. It's funny, because I can perceive Ti/Fe the same way a lot of the time. I find that the latter tries to dissect humans as a whole, or a specific group of people, but to my Fi it comes off as generalizing and stereotyping when it might not be or on purpose. I guess that's why, ideally, the right guy for me would be a TJ. E/I and S/N doesn't matter that much to me, but I think staying on the Te/Fi communication level would be so much more comfortable so not as much would get lost in interpretation. I mean, this is ideally, since I've made it work with an ISFJ and it was amazing, but this is just hypothetically. Speaking my own language without having to worry about translation sounds more appealing.

Still, I don't see how anyone could get EJ for me. I don't fit the Je-dom temperament at all, even if SFJs are informative>directive or whatever. I always thought my strongest preference was P, since I'm more responsive to my environment than directive. I mean, I missed my damn airplane while sitting at the wrong gate for 2 hours because I didn't bother checking the screen. I always just thought, "meh, they'd let me know if my flight was at another gate."

Edit: wow, that was a lot of emotes in one post. I feel like @Halla74. It's a good feeling.

Edit 2: I also would appreciate @Starry chiming in, as she said I'm either ESFJ or ENFP to talk about the whole ESFJ being called into question thing.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I think your typing sounds surprisingly accurate, from what I've seen of you.

Wow, I never knew Te/Fi could appear so confrontational and aggressive to Fe users. It's funny, because I can perceive Ti/Fe the same way a lot of the time. I find that the latter tries to dissect humans as a whole, or a specific group of people, but to my Fi it comes off as generalizing and stereotyping when it might not be or on purpose. I guess that's why, ideally, the right guy for me would be a TJ. E/I and S/N doesn't matter that much to me, but I think staying on the Te/Fi communication level would be so much more comfortable so not as much would get lost in interpretation. I mean, this is ideally, since I've made it work with an ISFJ and it was amazing, but this is just hypothetically. Speaking my own language without having to worry about translation sounds more appealing.

Still, I don't see how anyone could get EJ for me. I don't fit the Je-dom temperament at all, even if SFJs are informative>directive or whatever. I always thought my strongest preference was P, since I'm more responsive to my environment than directive. I mean, I missed my damn airplane while sitting at the wrong gate for 2 hours because I didn't bother checking the screen. I always just thought, "meh, they'd let me know if my flight was at another gate."

Edit: wow, that was a lot of emotes in one post. I feel like @Halla74. It's a good feeling.

Edit 2: I also would appreciate @Starry chiming in, as she said I'm either ESFJ or ENFP to talk about the whole ESFJ being called into question thing.

I think you're fine with ENFP ;p

Now how about me. O_o