User Tag List

Page 367 of 1069 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467867 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 10681

Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Agree to disagree. I think you're completely mixed up, tbh.
    I've already explained my case. Up to you to decide.

/shrugs/

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    I've already explained my case. Up to you to decide.

/shrugs/
    Fair enough

*Skip me*
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

ExFJ 2w1? Or at least, you used to type as that, and it rang true for me. I remember you typing as 1w2, but you really aren't subdued enough.

With all due respect, ENFPs are not really all that extroverted and you are too socially skilled.
    Where did these generalizations come from? I know ENFPs who are very socially skilled and very extroverted.
    Agree to disagree. I think you're completely mixed up, tbh.
    I could see ESFP, but absolutely not ESFJ. He shows no signs of the delivery>message hierarchy of the Fe-users I know -- he may be sensitive in a Feeler-ish way, but that doesn't keep him from expertly handling confrontational Te without getting offended by it. I also recall him talking on another thread about "authenticity" that struck me as textbook Fi, though I could be thinking of someone else.

In my opinion, what people keep seeing as Fe in him is simply the product of being extroverted and so/sx. My perceived T/F "balance" is entirely because of that same so/sx first-come-first-serve let's-be-everyone's-friend openness -- so I'd like to think that I know those traits when I see them.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ExFJ 2w1? Or at least, you used to type as that, and it rang true for me. I remember you typing as 1w2, but you really aren't subdued enough.

Where did these generalizations come from? I know ENFPs who are very socially skilled and very extroverted.

I could see ESFP, but absolutely not ESFJ. He shows no signs of the delivery>message hierarchy of the Fe-users I know -- he may be sensitive in a Feeler-ish way, but that doesn't keep him from expertly handling confrontational Te without getting offended by it. I also recall him talking on another thread about "authenticity" that struck me as textbook Fi, though I could be thinking of someone else.

In my opinion, what people keep seeing as Fe in him is simply the product of being extroverted and so/sx. My perceived T/F "balance" is entirely because of that same so/sx first-come-first-serve let's-be-everyone's-friend openness -- so I'd like to think that I know those traits when I see them.
    It's about as much a generalization as saying SJs prefer to work within the system.

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It's about as much a generalization as saying SJs prefer to work within the system.
    Fair enough. I could see that with the extroversion thing -- with ENFPs being the "introverted extroverts" and whatnot -- but the thing about social skills not only doesn't ring true with my experience, but doesn't ring true with anything I've read about ENFPs.

Then again, I haven't found social skill to be something that the MBTI is great at predicting.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

Enneagram
    1w2 so

Fair enough. I could see that with the extroversion thing -- with ENFPs being the "introverted extroverts" and whatnot -- but the thing about social skills not only doesn't ring true with my experience, but doesn't ring true with anything I've read about ENFPs.

Then again, I haven't found social skill to be something that the MBTI is great at predicting.
    There are always exceptions, but in this case, he isn't one. He isn't ENFP.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

There are always exceptions, but in this case, he isn't one. He isn't ENFP.
    "Exceptions" implies that it's a rule -- and like I said, I was not aware that there was a rule about it. For my benefit, could you link me to something explanatory? Regarding ENFPs and social skill? Or is this entirely a rule you've picked up from experience?

No pressure to answer, since you seem to want to drop the subject.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I'm curious as to whether @Honor is just trying to disprove ENFP at this point or is still trying to prove ESFJ.

To be fair, @EJCC, what you said about the whole extroverted so/sx thing seeming pseudo-Fe makes a lot of sense. Also probably to outsiders any so/sx extrovert seems a little ESFJish as a whole, because our inclination towards socialization comes naturally and our social skills are usually at a higher level. I've actually noticed that sometimes people with very well-developed (and admirable) social skills get typed as ESFJ. I wonder how often that happens. I know in one of the earlier threads about Kelly Clarkson a lot of people said she was ESFJ, most likely because she could keep on talking for hours, had an engaging and friendly persona, etc, when in reality she's probably an ESFP (that's right, I admit it! I'm willing to KC not being the same type as me well even if some think ESFP, I just mean if I type as ENFP I'm willing for Kelly to be ESFP haha) who's definitely so/sx.

With all due respect, ENFPs are not really all that extroverted and you are too socially skilled.
    I didn't think much of it before, but now that EJCC's quoted it I don't get why you needed to add the bold portion to this sentence. I don't think being pegged as ESF is something that should generally be taken as disrespectful, as all types have their own qualities and merit and none is generally greater than the other. A little Freudian slip have we?

He shows no signs of the delivery>message hierarchy of the Fe-users I know -- he may be sensitive in a Feeler-ish way, but that doesn't keep him from expertly handling confrontational Te without getting offended by it.
    Aww, I'm glad I can balance my sensitivity with objectivity. I don't think your Te is that confrontational though, if that's what you're implying.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Enneagram
    1w2 so

"Exceptions" implies that it's a rule -- and like I said, I was not aware that there was a rule about it. For my benefit, could you link me to something explanatory? Regarding ENFPs and social skill? Or is this entirely a rule you've picked up from experience?

No pressure to answer, since you seem to want to drop the subject.
    I think most type descriptions DO mention that ENFPs are rather introverted for extroverts. At least the good ones. And yes, life experience too. ENFPs tend to be social for periods of time and then, they need to retreat to reflect. It's in the nature of the type. It's not a generalization. That is what the type does.

No, I don't want to drop the subject, I just think it's nearly impossible to make a case on the internet when everybody is approaching the problem from fundamentally different angles. There's only so much I can say without spending 2 hours writing a very long post. (Don't have time.)

Enneagram
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I didn't think much of it before, but now that EJCC's quoted it I don't get why you needed to add the bold portion to this sentence. I don't think being pegged as ESF is something that should generally be taken as disrespectful, as all types have their own qualities and merit and none is generally greater than the other. A little Freudian slip have we?
    Chandler, I don't think you understand what Freudian slip means, and this isn't meant to be personal. If you want people to agree that you're ENFP, don't ask people what your type is. If you want to call yourself ENFP, I have absolutely no qualms about that.