User Tag List

Page 1034 of 1069 FirstFirst ... 345349349841024103210331034103510361044 ... LastLast
Results 10,331 to 10,340 of 10684

Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I thought tritype was a total circus as well at first so I completely understand whenever someone says they're skeptical.

With regards to you and Alaska...I see you as both having a strong connection to 1 via stress/integration pathways and as part of your tritype. And then on top of that...I see you both as not having e7 as part of your tritype.

^^I think this specific combination can cause an sx dom 4 to doubt...to feel they must be sp dom. But who knows you know?

whoops: With you I don't know either way. You could very well be sp/sx it's just that you often seem sx domish to me (I should also say that the Dauntless description for sp 4 makes a good deal of sense to me...that life and death blood and guts preoccupation and I don't think it does to you so that changes things...) With Alaska my opinion is she is sx/sp due to how she explains her feelings with regards to sx dom stuff.
    Yes many sx 4s type as 6 or 7 head types and often 8 for the gut. The fact that I don't relate to 8s makes me think I'm an sp 4 too.

Are you saying the life/death thing ascribed to sp 4s doesn't sound like me? I agree... I'm not terribly morbid. Although look at my burial-like avatar xD.

You're right that I don't interpret sp 4 that way though. The dauntless descriptions are a bit too "physical" still. I'm more indulgent than risk-taking, but then examples of sp 4 risks are relatable (impulsive with big life changes).

I relate more to Naranjos masochistic sp 4. This is a person who "endures" quietly and feels their suffering and sacrifice will bring them the savior to fill their void. Much more 1ish than the dauntless 4, which sounds almost cp 6.

I suspect the "playing dead" part of sp is the desire (envy) denial. It doesn't manifest very literally for me, which is why the idea of the second instinct being more abstract and creative made me consider sx/sp.
    Likes Starry liked this post

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Please don't hurt em hammer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    ISFP 4w5 sx/sp.
    Isn't that your type? I can't see why you're not INFP :P
    Likes senza tema, Alaska, Starry liked this post

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Isn't that your type? I can't see why you're not INFP :P
    I'm just teasing Starry. You're correctly typed, of course.

Skip me and do Anaximander.

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Paragon yes but why wrong?

Oops skip me and do senza then do me

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Paragon yes but why wrong?

Oops skip me and do senza then do me

eNTP? Not familiar enough with you (unless you've had a name change?). General vibe is ExxP.

Paragon gone wrong - there is no perfection!
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I agree with your sp/sx, OA. In fact, I look at you as an example of the difference between a correctly typed sp and someone who might mistype as it like me.

IS?P for @Anaximander.

@Starry @OrangeAppled
    Naranjo's profiles were one of the elements that led me to let go of sp-dom, the "masochist" inclined to suffer more quietly than the others. As far as just his versions of the instincts go, I see myself the very least like that one.

On the other hand, people I know (except for the very closest) describe me that way. Others see me as very contained and emotionally reserved, and I just want to laugh because I. Do. Not. Get. It. As I see it, I am the least like that around. Too transparent about their weakness, neurotic and dramatic, ashamed at the possibility of imperiling their relationships with their temperament. Much more so when I was younger, but still. But others have rarely at any point in my lifetime shown any sign that they agree. The potentially big blind spot here bothers me, but it's also sort of a relief that I overestimate my drama rather than underestimate it.

It is possible that I define emotionalism as something different from them. For instance, I sense that just because someone is being physically expressive doesn't mean they are showing any of their emotions, and perceive the former from people quite a bit more often than the latter. Maybe others are more generous with conflating the two when they see a physical expression.

The funny thing is that the sp stereotype of sensitivity to base physical security does fit me. I do not have the innate sense that I will survive. The opposite, actually - that I have too little of what it takes. So, I have to work harder, balance big pushes of uniqueness with big sacrifices of it to make a niche where I can support myself in the world because otherwise one won't be there. There's nothing preventing me from falling through the cracks but my own effort, and I would deserve no such thing, or so instinct says. Reality isn't so simple for anybody, nor does it revolve around anyone like that.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes Starry, Anaximander liked this post

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

I feel quite small in this deep discussion of instincts. But I will say yes, @Alaska. It probably is quite close for you though.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes Alaska, Starry liked this post

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I saw you questioning your so/sx yesterday but I think so/sx is right for you. You're synflow>contraflow imo. You have the lightness of the so/sx 6 and I think that you're more focused on finding trust in individuals than in organizations.

This type can be very different from the other social type, because with this type, security comes from making alliances with individuals.

They rely on key people in their lives when doubt sets in. Their security comes from maintaining close bonds. They fear rejection much more then the soc/self-pres.
    The above seems "you" to me.

(From Six Stacks | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.)

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    I agree with your sp/sx, OA. In fact, I look at you as an example of the difference between a correctly typed sp and someone who might mistype as it like me.

IS?P for @Anaximander.

@Starry @OrangeAppled
    Naranjo's profiles were one of the elements that led me to let go of sp-dom, the "masochist" inclined to suffer more quietly than the others. As far as just his versions of the instincts go, I see myself the very least like that one.

On the other hand, people I know (except for the very closest) describe me that way. Others see me as very contained and emotionally reserved, and I just want to laugh because I. Do. Not. Get. It. As I see it, I am the least like that around. Too transparent about their weakness, neurotic and dramatic, ashamed at the possibility of imperiling their relationships with their temperament. Much more so when I was younger, but still. But others have rarely at any point in my lifetime shown any sign that they agree. The potentially big blind spot here bothers me, but it's also sort of a relief that I overestimate my drama rather than underestimate it.

It is possible that I define emotionalism as something different from them. For instance, I sense that just because someone is being physically expressive doesn't mean they are showing any of their emotions, and perceive the former from people quite a bit more often than the latter. Maybe others are more generous with conflating the two when they see a physical expression.

The funny thing is that the sp stereotype of sensitivity to base physical security does fit me. I do not have the innate sense that I will survive. The opposite, actually - that I have too little of what it takes. So, I have to work harder, balance big pushes of uniqueness with big sacrifices of it to make a niche where I can support myself in the world because otherwise one won't be there. There's nothing preventing me from falling through the cracks but my own effort, or so instinct says. Reality isn't so simple for anybody, nor does it revolve around anyone like that.
    Oh I see....acquaintances can see me as contained too, and I have mellowed with age as well as finding expression of positive emotion easier. I actually may have contained that much more than negative emotions, which also did not come out softly.

My family regularly characterized me as temperamental growing up. I was called cantankerous and ornery, as well as accused of an angry hostility. I am not vocal in the sympathy-seeking way like an so 4 (although I have my moments). People seem to see it more as truculent than like a drama queen, but for me it does come out of frustration. Maybe I don't feel heard or understood or I am pushing for something stimulating.

The more open I have gotten with my more vulnerable emotions, the less angry I have been.

I still imagine an sx 4 as more "out there" with their emotions. I definitely try to hide the tempermental side in public, although it subtly surfaces as a prickly demeanor at times.

I have never related to any of the physical security stuff, although I felt like a burden growing up as we struggled financially. Instead of it making me frugal or practical it just reinforced to me how "security" is not in material things. I really don't even think in terms of security at all (perhaps that is "reckless"). I do like luxury though, but I don't like being bogged down with "stuff". I know I have what it takes to survive, but the idea of JUST surviving is dreary. I want MORE in life. So quite opposite in some respects. Wonder how much is S vs N preference too.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive