User Tag List

Page 1033 of 1069 FirstFirst ... 335339339831023103110321033103410351043 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,330 of 10681

Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Your instinctual variant has always been difficult for me to formulate my own opinion on...I'm thinking you must be pretty balanced between sp and sx @OrangeAppled ?
    I've considered being sx/sp... I feel least certain of this aspect of my type, and I feel like my understanding of this aspect of the theory is the least thorough. When I read this page, I nearly changed to sx/sp. But having encountered people I think are sx 4s elsewhere, I don't think the competitive, demanding, jealous, more outwardly destructive way of the sx 4 fits me. I am pretty withdrawn in person and can feel like I play it too safe (usually inhibited by shame).

The reason I nearly changed my typing was these parts:
    The dominant variant is the one given top priority, since this is the instinct that the person is most attuned to. It represents an overarching preoccupation, and may even remain overarching in situations where a reasonable person would at least temporarily rearrange his priorities.

There is certain rigidity to this instinct—it is non-negotiable; its needs must be satisfied. We are highly attuned to the needs of this instinct in ourselves and in others, however, as one moves down the health levels, the priorities of this instinct may become overly compulsive. Dominant instinct will grip your attention, cause sleepless nights, it is where your buttons get pushed, where you may start compensating. One may conceal the needs of this instinct and instead put the secondary instinct on display, since primary instinct serves as a greater source of anxiety than the secondary instinct. It may be said that a person comes to embody his or her primary instinct.

The secondary variant provides support to the first instinct. It is much less self-conscious than the dominant instinct. There is more flexibility to it—people generally does not stress as much about this area. They may experiment more in the realm of their second instinct, or just ignore it and put it off for a while.

The application of secondary instinct is creative and even more exhibitionistic than that of the primary instinct. While primary instinct is constantly monitored and held in check, the secondary instinct is allowed to roam freely. Often, one has an exploratory attitude towards secondary instinct and may be inclined to start experimenting in this area—turn it into a hobby or use it to supplement their main occupation. It can be said that while people come to embody their primary instinct, the secondary instinct is akin to a creative field that envelops them.
    I have rearranged some priorities (ie went against certain values, felt a break of integrity) to pursue the intimacy or intensity I desire, but not in a very outwardly self-destructive way. It would seem tame to most people, but I probably require a level of internal consistency that others don't fret about (another reason I identify as sp 4 - strong connection to e1). It is also probably "held in check" and repressed as far as a concern of it destroying other things important to me. My recent thread on missed opportunities? It doesn't bother me so much to know someone didn't return a romantic interest so much as realizing my interest was inappropriate because the guy was married. From a moral perspective, this bothers me. Most people would probably shrug it off.

I think this aspect of myself can be more hidden, except the temperamental nature, as I don't act freely with it at all. I imagine sx 4s a lot....looser, like loose cannons, but I think I am quite controlled in this area, and my temperamental side probably seems unrelated (but I usually know where my anger/frustration stems from).

However, when it comes to sp stuff - I don't stress much, and that includes "bending rules" that probably make me inconsistent according to my own ethical code. I've been totally broke, jobless, nearly homeless, couch surfing - I survive! I don't fret about it because I feel like I have a resilience and adaptability there, as well as a faith. I also see my creativity in physical stuff - my sense of personal style, being a visual person, doing design for a living, etc. But I can be too indulgent, frivolous and a tad defiant with physical stuff, and I probably had mild body dysmorphia when younger (with the face), all of which I associate with an sp 4.

This is spot on too:
    Secondary instinct gets summoned in aid of primary instinct. In situations where people are not sure that their primary instinct will be welcomed, they often extend and offer 'products' of their secondary instinct by conversing on related topics. Sx/sp and so/sp types may talk about health, monetary, domestic, or culinary topics.
    My frustrations and obsessions have been in the realm of intimate relationships, as a conscious thing that manifests the most literally, and then there is the social realm as a blindspot that I begrudgingly address when everything else is crumbling. The sp stuff is definitely the most abstract and creative area for me.

Alternative way of looking at instinct stackings:
    Primary - The instinct taken in its most literal, concrete sense.
    Secondary - The instinct taken in an abstract, creative sense.
    Tertiary - This instinct remains dormant, little attention and time are devoted to this area.
    Buuuuut, I think 4s can simply seem very sx-y. General sx descriptions may suit me better than sp ones, but when applied to core 4, it is extreme. Like most 4s, I get fixated on some "other" to fulfill me, prize intimacy, want intensity, etc.

Some of this sounds like it is ripped from a 4 profile, but it is a general description of sx:

sx instinct
    • primary concern - intense experiences, connections, and contacts, wide-ranging and exploratory, in order to find something to "complete" them inside (sky diving, deep conversations, exciting movies)
    • primary focus - people and attractions promising intense energy and charge
    • primary ambition - looking outside themselves for the person or situation that will complete them, and then obsessing over that completing element
    • primary stresses - lack of intense mental or emotional stimulation, lack of an intense connection or experience
    • coping methods (unhealthy) - scattered attention, lack of focus, sexual promiscuity, intensely avoiding intense experiences and connections with a fearful and dysfunctional attitude toward sex, intimacy, and other intense "completing" experiences, as is skewed by the secondary instinct
    Also, I don't know if this is my 4 fix talking, but the sp/sx is also a "contra flow" type, whereas sx/sp is supposed to be more connected to humanity, less alienated, etc, and of course I identify with being "contra flow" .

I relate pretty well to all the 4's subtypes though. Even though the social instinct is clearly my blindspot in life, I can still find so 4s highly relatable. I used to call so 4 @Southern Kross (where is she?!) my "brain twin".
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive
    Likes Starry liked this post

Damn American Cowboy Array Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Maaaaaaybe, maybe INxJ. But INFP is frankly possible as well. You sometimes use language I'd link to Ni to a certain extent but it's not direct Ni so whatever.

I also haven't seen much that would indicate anything besides N, so there's that.

I could buy 4 for you, enneagram-wise, since you come off as being critical like a 1 but have some of that artisticness that 4s are supposed to have, and therefore could be integrated. (Plus, you're a little bit of a showoff. Just a tad. Or at least I could see it)
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again
    Likes OrangeAppled liked this post

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

2 legit. 2 legit 2 quit

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I've considered being sx/sp... I feel least certain of this aspect of my type, and I feel like my understanding of this aspect of the theory is the least thorough. When I read this page, I nearly changed to sx/sp. But having encountered people I think are sx 4s elsewhere, I don't think the competitive, demanding, jealous, more outwardly destructive way of the sx 4 fits me. I am pretty withdrawn in person and can feel like I play it too safe (usually inhibited by shame).

The reason I nearly changed my typing was these parts:

I have rearranged some priorities (ie went against certain values, felt a break of integrity) to pursue the intimacy or intensity I desire, but not in a very outwardly self-destructive way. It would seem tame to most people, but I probably require a level of internal consistency that others don't fret about (another reason I identify as sp 4 - strong connection to e1). It is also probably "held in check" and repressed as far as a concern of it destroying other things important to me. My recent thread on missed opportunities? It doesn't bother me so much to know someone didn't return a romantic interest so much as realizing my interest was inappropriate because the guy was married. From a moral perspective, this bothers me. Most people would probably shrug it off.

I think this aspect of myself can be more hidden, except the temperamental nature, as I don't act freely with it at all. I imagine sx 4s a lot....looser, like loose cannons, but I think I am quite controlled in this area, and my temperamental side probably seems unrelated (but I usually know where my anger/frustration stems from).

However, when it comes to sp stuff - I don't stress much, and that includes "bending rules" that probably make me inconsistent according to my own ethical code. I've been totally broke, jobless, nearly homeless, couch surfing - I survive! I don't fret about it because I feel like I have a resilience and adaptability there, as well as a faith. I also see my creativity in physical stuff - my sense of personal style, being a visual person, doing design for a living, etc. But I can be too indulgent, frivolous and a tad defiant with physical stuff, and I probably had mild body dysmorphia when younger (with the face), all of which I associate with an sp 4.

This is spot on too:

My frustrations and obsessions have been in the realm of intimate relationships, as a conscious thing that manifests the most literally, and then there is the social realm as a blindspot that I begrudgingly address when everything else is crumbling. The sp stuff is definitely the most abstract and creative area for me.

Buuuuut, I think 4s can simply seem very sx-y. General sx descriptions may suit me better than sp ones, but when applied to core 4, it is extreme. Like most 4s, I get fixated on some "other" to fulfill me, prize intimacy, want intensity, etc.

Some of this sounds like it is ripped from a 4 profile, but it is a general description of sx:

Also, I don't know if this is my 4 fix talking, but the sp/sx is also a "contra flow" type, whereas sx/sp is supposed to be more connected to humanity, less alienated, etc, and of course I identify with being "contra flow" .

I relate pretty well to all the 4's subtypes though. Even though the social instinct is clearly my blindspot in life, I can still find so 4s highly relatable. I used to call so 4 @Southern Kross (where is she?!) my "brain twin".

See this is what I believe @Alaska is constantly considering as well. If you have strong

*omg my dog just posted this message. I'm leaving it as is for a bit.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

...If you are strongly e1 without e7 in your tritype can that make sx look like sp? That's at least what I think happens.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive
    Likes OrangeAppled, themightyfetus liked this post

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    See this is what I believe @Alaska is constantly considering as well. If you have strong

*omg my dog just posted this message. I'm leaving it as is for a bit.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

...If you are strongly e1 without e7 in your tritype can that make sx look like sp? That's at least what I think happens.
    I see...so you think it is a tritype issue? The strong connection to 1 is not due to subtype but tritype?

I admit I don't really "buy" tritype... It could just be the integration line itself

And I take it you think I am sx/sp. Can I ask why?
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I see...so you think it is a tritype issue? The strong connection to 1 is not due to subtype but tritype?

I admit I don't really "buy" tritype... It could just be the integration line itself

And I take it you think I am sx/sp. Can I ask why?

I thought tritype was a total circus as well at first so I completely understand whenever someone says they're skeptical.

With regards to you and Alaska...I see you as both having a strong connection to 1 via stress/integration pathways and as part of your tritype. And then on top of that...I see you both as not having e7 as part of your tritype.

^^I think this specific combination can cause an sx dom 4 to doubt...to feel they must be sp dom. But who knows you know?

whoops: With you I don't know either way. You could very well be sp/sx it's just that you often seem sx domish to me (I should also say that the Dauntless description for sp 4 makes a good deal of sense to me...that life and death blood and guts preoccupation and I don't think it does to you so that changes things...) With Alaska my opinion is she is sx/sp due to how she explains her feelings with regards to sx dom stuff.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive
    Likes OrangeAppled liked this post

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

ISFP 4w5 sx/sp.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Jeez guys, don't you know I'm the quintessental sx dom? I feel slighted.

"...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes Starry, Chanaynay liked this post

def totes maybe idk
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Can't touch this hammer time