User Tag List

Page 1032 of 1069 FirstFirst ... 325329329821022103010311032103310341042 ... LastLast
Results 10,311 to 10,320 of 10681

Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?

  1. #10311
    What Is Life? Array RobinSkye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne
    Posts
    580

    Default

    I'll reference what a guy on this forum said to me that I thought was brilliantly fit to INxPs, and say that if you're still in search for, trying to solidfy your type after all this time, it's probably that Ji-Ne at work. Still you're trying to convince yourself of something else.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

    My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf
    Likes Anaximander liked this post

  2. #10312
    Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    I'll reference what a guy on this forum said to me that I thought was brilliantly fit to INxPs, and say that if you're still in search for, trying to solidfy your type after all this time, it's probably that Ji-Ne at work. Still you're trying to convince yourself of something else.
    Nah...I am noticing they are often sensing types. I notice when people cannot settle on a type for years, and then they finally do, they realize they are a Sensing type, which they had previously dismissed. I think it is the bias against sensing types (even in profiles, as they are often written by N authors) that misleads them.

    But INFP & ENFP do become a catch-all for people who cannot type themselves, and then eventually these people end up retyping as SFs of some kind.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

  3. #10313
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    So OrangeAppled, why IEI Ni instead of EII Fi?
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

  4. #10314
    Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    So OrangeAppled, why IEI Ni instead of EII Fi?
    Because Socionics Fi is crap . It sounds like Fe-aux to me (not that it is crap...I mean the accuracy of the description for Fi). The INFj (FiNe) sounds almost like an MBTI ISFJ to me. The INFp (NiFe) is a much better fit, as a whole type. None of the Feeling functions suit me very well in that system though.

    So I am not a fan of Socionics in general. It is my understanding it is not building on Jung so much as taking some of his concepts and then creating something of its own, and so the terminology happens to be the same, but ultimately the definitions and types are different. Whereas I think MBTI built on and simplified Jung, and so it is truer to his concepts. So I think it is possible to be "different" types in each system, given they are defined differently.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

  5. #10315
    Trick or treat Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    :}
    Posts
    5,570

    Default

    I would be shocked if you werent accurately typed. It would be a real kick in the pants of MBTI.
    Likes OrangeAppled liked this post

  6. #10316
    Fantasticality. Array Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Because Socionics Fi is crap . It sounds like Fe-aux to me (not that it is crap...I mean the accuracy of the description for Fi). The INFj (FiNe) sounds almost like an MBTI ISFJ to me. The INFp (NiFe) is a much better fit, as a whole type. None of the Feeling functions suit me very well in that system though.

    So I am not a fan of Socionics in general. It is my understanding it is not building on Jung so much as taking some of his concepts and then creating something of its own, and so the terminology happens to be the same, but ultimately the definitions and types are different. Whereas I think MBTI built on and simplified Jung, and so it is truer to his concepts. So I think it is possible to be "different" types in each system, given they are defined differently.
    That I agree. I did read the EII descriptions, and I feel so alienated from it. Like I much relate more to an INFP (MBTI) than I ever could have. It was like short, while the Ni description was much more detailed. I was really disappointed in it. Then the INFp description sounds way so different, I'm like it's neither really INFJ or INFP (mbti) but this free searching soul who loves life, but is highly creative and intuitive. I'm like wow, so totally me. I often laugh and see the irony in many things, and I guess that's why it fit me much better. Are you like that too?
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"

  7. #10317
    Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    That I agree. I did read the EII descriptions, and I feel so alienated from it. Like I much relate more to an INFP (MBTI) than I ever could have. It was like short, while the Ni description was much more detailed. I was really disappointed in it. Then the INFp description sounds way so different, I'm like it's neither really INFJ or INFP (mbti) but this free searching soul who loves life, but is highly creative and intuitive. I'm like wow, so totally me. I often laugh and see the irony in many things, and I guess that's why it fit me much better. Are you like that too?
    I didn't initially relate to the MBTI INFP because the sources I was exposed to were not very good. It made Feeling types, especially INFPs, sound very saccharine and silly, and I tend to feel more cantankerous and probably take myself too seriously . I initially typed as INTP, although I never identified as one. Jung and Van Der Hoop's descriptions were eye-opening for me. I could see myself clearly as a Fi-dom and a preference for iNtuition seemed obvious. There are some INFP profiles out there which suit me quite well.

    I wouldn't say I love life...I love the idea of it or what it could be . I do see much absurdity, which I often delight in, or it can frustrate me if it seems an obstacle to some ideal of mine.

    People regard me as creative and intuitive, yes, and I have even been called a "free spirit" (although I feel conservative in many ways, not politically, but just in my approach to life; I feel I "hold back" a lot). I think this is common to NFs, but there is definitely a less structured feel to NFPs.

    Sometimes the differences in the NF types is hard to pinpoint in words. I (notoriously) dated an INFJ years back, and he would say we saw the world similarly, and I would say we were cut from the same cloth, but other people didn't see our personalities as being that much alike. They could see shared interests and even strengths, but our general demeanors were pretty different.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive
    Likes Forever, Anaximander liked this post

  8. #10318
    Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Your instinctual variant has always been difficult for me to formulate my own opinion on...I'm thinking you must be pretty balanced between sp and sx @OrangeAppled ?
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive
    Likes themightyfetus, OrangeAppled liked this post

  9. #10319
    Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Oh yes. So accurate. The only alternative could be 4w5. But I think your tri is 7w6-4w5-8w9.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?


    6w7-2w3-9w1
    Likes Starry liked this post

  10. #10320
    Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    Oh yes. So accurate. The only alternative could be 4w5. But I think your tri is 7w6-4w5-8w9.

    I love you so much mightfetus. And...I routinely test as 4w5 haha. I'm really pretty 4w5 like but you are one of two people that has ever mentioned that in all this time. It's so cool to me how you see that.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive
    Likes chickpea, themightyfetus liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] Hey ESFPs! Does this accurately describe you?
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2016, 08:12 PM
  2. what might i be typed as?
    By theprocrastinator in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 06:28 PM
  3. Help being typed!
    By rememberthisusername in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 11:49 AM
  4. I am typed different than I first was
    By Amorfous in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO