User Tag List

First 34567 Last

violaine

I thought it was a genuine appreciation thread, after Hmm made a lovely thread for Pink and Lady Jaye? I don't think he's being cruel, it's the NT need for precision and a certain sense of humor - many people exhibit it here, you just gotta joust right back rather than feeling cowed by it. I don't think calling him out here is at all helpful in sorting out this kind of situation... Obviously I am biased as I get along with Jack, if there were probs btwn Jack and Hmm in the past perhaps this was his way of making things cool. Anyway, that's just kinda how I see things without being privy to everyone's relationships here.

EDIT: Not a hippy, but peace and luv to all!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    He has good qualities. He's also cruel toward many people without reason. (i.e. note that he started this thread toward people he hates.)
    If you keep this up, it'll never end, because you'll never stop being wrong, and I'll never stop hating that.

I like both Nocapszy and Hmm. I disagreed with Hmm about something, and if neither you nor her (I assume you're roommates or something since you know so much about it) realize that vehement disagreement doesn't equal hatred, so be it. I hate you, for example, and it's very different.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    I thought it was a genuine appreciation thread, after Hmm made a lovely thread for Pink and Lady Jaye? I don't think he's being cruel, it's the NT need for precision and a certain sense of humor -
    Yes, it's a bit silly, because I thought it was silly to combine people in an appreciation thread (especially after 41 posts...), and love illustrating things with silliness.

The appreciation itself is genuine though, I assure you.

violaine

^hah I did get that, I very much thought the appreciation was genuine too.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Usehername is an INTJ, so I'm wondering if everyone remembers that those people don't really smooth things along up the way a lot of other people do. It's common for them to mix criticism and compliments, with just plain old objective observation.

I haven't been tracking this, but I have to guess there's already a history here, because Jack's response seems way over the top unless he already has reasons to suspect hostility from Userhername. But I've got to tell you Jack, you're giving me way too much material for demonstrating that you are an F.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

He has good qualities. He's also cruel toward many people without reason. (i.e. note that he started this thread toward people he hates.) Explain to me how illustrating this to someone who thinks Jack Flak is cruel to her because she's an SJ is unwarranted? Also, feel free to have Jack Flak forward you the PMs we exchanged--which began with me asking if "everything was okay" because he had seemed quite agitated and was lashing out at several people without provocation.

Finally, go back and read the posts you're talking about from me to you--they were written respectfully and thoughtfully. You're welcome to find a single person on this board (um, other than Jack, but anyone else) who disagrees with me. You won't find any "personal attack posts" from me to you. They don't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I don't see why you would be offended or saddened by Usehername's post, CC. It's true.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

There are A LOT of people on this board who have apparent issues, myself and both of you including, PERIOD.

Most people have issues, now that is just a true fact about human beings.

The idea of anyone trying to call someone out publicly with the notion that they are doing it out of "care" sickens me. If you really want to help somebody and if you really care and are concerned about them and their well-being, contact them PRIVATELY.

To publicly come out of the woodwork and fling psychoanalytical poo about somebody is just plain FUCKED UP.

There are members who have a tendency to do this, and every time I witness it, it just pisses me off.

I have had people on these boards who have, yes PMd me when they sincerely had an issue or concern with me, but I have also had PLENTY of other members, members whom I rarely ever even engage, come out of nowhere to put in their negative and highly misplaced and misunderstood perceptions of me on blast for the entire board to see, NOT COOL!!

There is a huge distinction between what is appropriate for public and private discussion.

Also, Jack Flac and I have gotten into our fair share of disagreements, but if I truly had a problem with him, I would approach him personally and privately via a private message.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think usehername needed to approach Jack personally because the seeming intention of her post was to help Hmm put her impression that Jack hated her in perspective.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I don't think usehername needed to approach Jack personally because the seeming intention of her post was to help Hmm put her impression that Jack hated her in perspective.
    I'm sorry, but I just don't see it that way, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Jack Flak hates me because I'm an SJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Incorrect.
    Hmm, Jack Flak doesn't hate you because you're an SJ. He simply seems quite inept at stepping into another person's POV that is not very similar to his own. He also operates all forms of online social intercourse under the "must shoot them down to retain self-respect" paradigm, as opposed to the MBTIc standard of "respect others' POV" paradigm.
    There is a slow but sure movement through PM and rep messages that confirm he (temporarily) succeeds in making a multitude of individuals feel badly for a short period of time, but as such individuals don't advertise that he made them feel badly, the movement was slow to begin.
    I can act as facilitator for you, if you so desire (or anyone else), to see that Jack Flack does not discriminate against only SJs. He treats all sorts of people badly from time to time.

That being said, I think he's got lots of great qualities. He does also make some great jokes on here, and I think he contributes great thoughts to intelligent discussions sometimes.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ugh, reading that again pisses me off even MORE!!

"And there are a lot of members who are talking shit about him behind his back which confirms that he is an asshole"

^That is how I interpret the gist of her post.

(vomits bile)
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I just think you're looking at an INTJ saying things the way an INTJ would, which is unsuprisingly not the way an ENFP would.
    Go to sleep, iguana.