First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    I think Usehername made a thoughtful post, but I only skimmed it once and don't have any time to make comments. One thing I will say though, is that I think it's debatable whether social skills and other-focus automatically derive from Fe and Ne, and whether things like social skills, other-focus, compassion and intelligence actually fall under the external locus of control. I think this kind of robs Pink and Jaye of the credit they deserve for the choices a person has to make in order to be a fantastic individual.
    A set of principles and values that ppl choose themselves, sometimes in spite of the environment, is what makes them the kind we feel true deep kinship and affinity towards. That it derives at least a part from their personality type is something Iíve lately been more aware and cognizant of and tend to think that it has an important role to play and not necessarily a decisive one.

But I like that you mentioned that there is a difference between wonderful qualities that you have no control over having, such as natural beauty, and wonderful qualities you do have a lot more control over having, such as intelligence and compassion.
    They seem to kinda overlap cause innate tendencies are pretty firmly planted as part of the foundation & thatís what is even subconsciously built upon etc. Also, intelligence too, if you trace steps backwards, pretty innate in its beginnings/foundations (considering intelligence has two aspects to it at least)

One more thing: I haven't noticed any males objectifying them, but I don't read everything that goes on here.
    I too wasnít so aware of this and in fact it might be cause frivolous junk is naturally filtered out.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer
    A set of principles and values that ppl choose themselves, sometimes in spite of the environment, is what makes them the kind we feel true deep kinship and affinity towards. That it derives at least a part from their personality type is something Iíve lately been more aware and cognizant of and tend to think that it has an important role to play and not necessarily a decisive one.
    I think that's a good point. I think there's a lot of overlap between them, too. Like you said, people have predispositions to things, but there's also a realm where conscious choice plays a part in the person one becomes. If you think a predisposition you have is great, such as one to cheerfulness, you might consciously choose to keep that trait, but if you think a predisposition is bad, such as one to insensitivity or irrationality, you might consciously choose to improve on that. But I agree that innateness and biology play a very large role in a person's personality. As you said, a person's predisposition even influences their unconscious goals, so if you have a really bad overall predisposition, that might be very difficult to overcome. But those who do overcome it, if that's even possible to a large degree, deserve all the more credit. Because they had to work. And I think that's the point Usehername and Heart and I were trying to make.

They seem to kinda overlap cause innate tendencies are pretty firmly planted as part of the foundation & thatís what is even subconsciously built upon etc. Also, intelligence too, if you trace steps backwards, pretty innate in its beginnings/foundations (considering intelligence has two aspects to it at least)
    I'm interested to hear more about this. What are the two aspects of intelligence, and how do you trace intelligence back to its beginnings/foundations?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday
    so that's a from me too.

(you'll have to share that between you - I'm not gonna go crazy here!)
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by heart
    The emotional intelligence thing goes deeper than simply being other focused.
    Yes, exactly. That's what I was trying to say. You might have a predisposition to something, but really embodying that trait goes beyond a predisposition, I think. It involves personal responsibility and personal choice, too. Furthermore, being a well-balanced individual involves a combination of internal and external locii(?) of control.

Being responsive to others, as you said, is just one part of emotional intelligence.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    intp

As if it needed to be said (again) . . . teh Piranha.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    ‚ÄĒ Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENTP

pfff, like we need a thread to tell us that they both rock harder than a rocking horse on steroids

Ils se dÔŅĹmerdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Yeah, they're alright... I guess.

*suspicious of Fe*

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Appreciative bump.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Like a double serving of coffee ice cream...with a sprinkle of cayenne...
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    ISTJ

Are the really twins?
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Are they really twins?
    That's the word on the street.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I had this feeling too as I read. I feel in particular they they each have a good blending of their dom and second functions and that takes personal development.

Agreeing again. The emotional intelligence thing goes deeper than simply being other focused.
    Thanks Mempy and Heart; this is what I was trying to get at but clearly didn't phrase it properly. They're other-focused by nature, but it's their seemingly infinite positive inner locus of control qualities that really make them great.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis