User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Great song, Jack. Seriously.

I think Usehername made a thoughtful post, but I only skimmed it once and don't have any time to make comments. One thing I will say though, is that I think it's debatable whether social skills and other-focus automatically derive from Fe and Ne, and whether things like social skills, other-focus, compassion and intelligence actually fall under the external locus of control. I think this kind of robs Pink and Jaye of the credit they deserve for the choices a person has to make in order to be a fantastic individual.

They both really are such sweethearts - intelligent sweethearts, as two others mentioned. But if this were automatically true for all Fe and Ne users, all Fe and Ne users would be sweethearts, and that isn't true. Likewise, all Ts would be intelligent, and that isn't true either. [Edit: On second thought, being other-focused is actually different from being a sweetheart. And yes, Fs are predisposed to be other-focused. So nevermind! Sorry! ]

But I like that you mentioned that there is a difference between wonderful qualities that you have no control over having, such as natural beauty, and wonderful qualities you do have a lot more control over having, such as intelligence and compassion. (Did I say I didn't have time to make comments? That's still true, SO WHY AM I STILL MAKING COMMENTS?! ) One more thing: I haven't noticed any males objectifying them, but I don't read everything that goes on here.

Anyway, I need to stop, seriously. I have papers to write, and I'm already cutting corners on homework because I didn't leave myself enough time to get it done. ARG!

I really love both of them SO MUCH! They'd be the coolest people ever to hang out with. I'm quite jelus I'm not a sister of theirs.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INFP

I liked them way more before I read this thread. Now I feel unpleasantly like a groupie.

In short, I liked them better when they were underground.

PS: isn't it the ultimate no-no to link twins together after they turn 12? I can't help but think a joint PP/LJ appreciation thread is twinnist.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I liked them way more before I read this thread. Now I feel unpleasantly like a groupie.

In short, I liked them better when they were underground.
    Then you never really loved them.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Then you never really loved them.
    I prefer to think that I loved them for the way they really are, before they...y'know...sold out. They changed, man.

MBTI
    INTP

I prefer to think that I loved them for the way they [/I]really are[/I], before they...y'know...sold out. They changed, man.
    They did not sell out, dude! Their later work is just as good as their early stuff. It just became cool to say that they sold out.

*dons Pink/Jaye 2006 tour t-shirt*

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    *dons Pink/Jaye 2006 tour t-shirt*
    Yeah, 2006 was a good year for them. They were still awesome in 2006.

heart on fire

PS: isn't it the ultimate no-no to link twins together after they turn 12? I can't help but think a joint PP/LJ appreciation thread is twinnist.
    I sorta feel this way too.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Post here if you Pink and Lady Jaye.

Pink, it took me a few weeks after posting my intro thread to actually be interested enough to log-on here for longer than 5 mins and it was reading your posts with all their wit and positive energy that was what made me want to stick around. You are truly one of the nicest and most delightful people and it wouldn't be the same here without you. I heart you and wish you nothing but love, happiness, and good health.

PS - I Lady Jaye toooo.
    But of course!

Love you guys!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    I think Usehername made a thoughtful post.
    Yes, I thought it was thought-provoking and a socially-brave statement to make.

One thing I will say though, is that I think it's debatable whether social skills and other-focus automatically derive from Fe and Ne, and whether things like social skills, other-focus, compassion and intelligence actually fall under the external locus of control. I think this kind of robs Pink and Jaye of the credit they deserve for the choices a person has to make in order to be a fantastic individual.
    I had this feeling too as I read. I feel in particular they they each have a good blending of their dom and second functions and that takes personal development.

They both really are such sweethearts - intelligent sweethearts, as two others mentioned. But if this were automatically true for all Fe and Ne users, all Fe and Ne users would be sweethearts, and that isn't true. Likewise, all Ts would be intelligent, and that isn't true either. [Edit: On second thought, being other-focused is actually different from being a sweetheart. And yes, Fs are predisposed to be other-focused. So nevermind! Sorry! ]
    Agreeing again. The emotional intelligence thing goes deeper than simply being other focused.

But I like that you mentioned that there is a difference between wonderful qualities that you have no control over having, such as natural beauty, and wonderful qualities you do have a lot more control over having, such as intelligence and compassion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Much as I hate the very idea of appreciation threads, in this case I will have to make an exception, because, well, it's kinda hard not to appreciate epic greatness.

so that's a from me too.

(you'll have to share that between you - I'm not gonna go crazy here!)