User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "Immaculate" is closer than respectable. Or "crisp." I don't really know, most people don't feel the need to talk about it in these terms at all.
    Those actually sound like better terms. Just because most people don't feel the need to talk about it in those terms doesn't mean there's no reason to do so.
    Usually if I talk about J vs P clothing differences, I'll say that J's usually manage to look all put together and polished even if they're going to a picnic, while P's usually looks relaxed even when they're dressed up. That's usually all that has to be said, why are we labeling P vs J as respectable to start with?

Both J and P can dress like tramps or dirtbags.
    Umm... never mind. Everyone still thinks I'm just talking about clothing, and oversimplifying my original idea into something easier to disagree with.

My point was that Ps are less polished than Js regardless of what they wear (because they're less immaculate/crisp), and that's why it doesn't matter if they dress that way or not. But since IJs can be polished or immaculate/crisp (but not assertive or pushy), they're throwing away the image they've worked to build up until that point... and they won't have the same ability to get it back as an EJ.

It's like they just threw out all the type distinctions I put in regarding what cleavage means to me for a given type group, and some how came up with some lame argument that Ps were less respectable than Js because of their clothing?? Argh, I hate it when people do that.

The ideas were like this:

1. Ps have a less stable/polished image than Js, regardless of what they wear.

2. EJs have a stable/polished image, and are strong enough in personality to rebuild it quickly if it gets torn down.

3. IJs have a stable/polished image, but since it's of a quiet, unobtrusive person, it will take a lot longer to rebuild it if it gets torn down.

4. Showing cleavage detracts from a stable/polished image in a way that harms IJs the most.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm actually pretty modest. I rarely have low cut tops - I just mistakenly bought some from target that ride down and it's a bit weird. I wore a low cut top to a real life gathering once (I bought it without realizing how low it was and that was the first time I wore it) and it felt so weird to feel like people were looking at my chest. I would rather not walk around with cleavage showing. All my sisters, including the ISTJ, show more cleavage than I do.
    ha those crazy ISTJ womenz!!!

I dress more like you, except I do veer into scoop tops a little more to minimize my shoulder size. The shirt I am wearing right this second is actually too big for me now, so unfortunately if I am not careful it slides too low and the fringe of my bra becomes noticeable... which I don't really like. I like the top; I don't like the scoop going down that far; I'm just trying to wing it. in any case, P is more relaxed about it I guess or less apt to try and control every little detail to social accordance. Versatility is considered good.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Those actually sound like better terms. Just because most people don't feel the need to talk about it in those terms doesn't mean there's no reason to do so.

Umm... never mind. Everyone still thinks I'm just talking about clothing, and oversimplifying my original idea into something easier to disagree with.

My point was that Ps are less polished than Js regardless of what they wear (because they're less immaculate/crisp), and that's why it doesn't matter if they dress that way or not. But since IJs can be polished or immaculate/crisp (but not assertive or pushy), they're throwing away the image they've worked to build up until that point... and they won't have the same ability to get it back as an EJ.

It's like they just threw out all the type distinctions I put in regarding what cleavage means to me for a given type group, and some how came up with some lame argument that Ps were less respectable than Js because of their clothing?? Argh, I hate it when people do that.

2. EJs have a stable/polished image, and are strong enough in personality to rebuild it quickly if it gets torn down.

3. IJs have a stable/polished image, but since it's of a quiet, unobtrusive person, it will take a lot longer to rebuild it if it gets torn down.

4. Showing cleavage detracts from a stable/polished image in a way that harms IJs the most.
    In real life, I have a very polished image, so there goes that theory.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I start a boobs thread and a debate breaks out!

THAT'S NOT WHAT SHOULD BE BUSTIN' OUT!!!!
    Show us yer tits, mac.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh COME ON Athenian.

You can't justify this kind of thing via typology. Your theory does nothing. Lol @ thinking IJ types are harmed by showing boobs... wtf xD.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I technically have some cleavage. I have to tense my arms and upper body muscles, and then cross the arms over each other, and it causes my pectoral muscles to bulge enough to form cleavage... pretty sexy, right?

You know, gem stone cleavage may be nicer to look at.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Show us yer tits, mac.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

EPIC FAIL
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Wow-y! Look at all this CLEAVAGE!

Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah I wonder how many times it took for us, as a class, to stop snickering when my geology prof said 'cleavage.'