User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I wonder how you can track a conversation if you miss part of it? Certain nuances would escape me in that case. It doesn't matter?

An example: I see some people pop into threads and obviously haven't read enough of it to understand what is being discussed. Or the how or why. It's jarring to the flow from my perspective. Sometimes it's useful. Other times it seems rude and/or disruptive.

Some of the older threads are obviously too long to read in their whole, but I always appreciate when someone who hasn't taken/had the time to read the entire thread states that.

Just a courtesy of civil conversation, from my perspective.

Rethinking. Um, that example isn't exactly pertinent to ignoring someone by not reading them. Consider it a personal opinion.

But my initial question stands.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    yupp

humans are lazy me being human=lazy. yes bad argument, but the point it people are not going to read everything, I will read everything in a 3 page post but probably for the longer ones skim. But those 5 gazillion page posts nah sorry, if I wanted to read a novel that's what I'd be doing but if I disrupt the flow....then oh, well.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I think some people annoyingly predictable enough that you can just skip over their posts (usually long posts driving toward the same *snore* agenda as always). If they actually manage to say something constructive to the conversation for once, someone will inevitably quote the relevant parts anyway. Efficiency in parasitism.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    If they actually manage to say something constructive to the conversation for once, someone will inevitably quote the relevant parts anyway.
    Exactly.

MBTI
    INFP

Still, I like to be able to get the "feel" of the people who are conversing and if I only pay attention to content I don't get the tone, attitude and sometimes, purpose behind it.

As several mentioned, not every post is there simply to communicate the thought it purports to indicate. And some are inadvertant, I'm sure.

I suppose those of you with larger numbers of posts have already been there/done that. Others truly may not be interested in anything but the apparent communication, as well.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Who is on your ignore list?
    Peguy.

I also have a mental block against a couple of moderators, but can't block them.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    intp

No one. After finding that having people on ignore only created a temptation for me to click "view post", I've learned the art of auto-ignore.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP

Yes Strumpet - secret confession. I couldn't do it if I wanted to. Lure of the forbidden fits in somewhere

Default Peguy

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Peguy.
    You can't put Peguy on your ignore list. After all, he is home schooled and a traditional Roman Catholic.

Sure, he is a little foul mouthed but that is only to show he is one of the guys.

And it's true, he does hold a grudge for quite a while.

But while he is here and subject to our influence, there is always a chance we might convert him.

So for God's sake, don't ignore him.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    *Sigh* fine, I ignored Bryntp for awhile, also Jack Flak cause he thinks he's SOOOO funny. , Uberfurher cause he thinks he's my friend... disregard, Lookin, Prpl, PinkPirahna and LadyJaye, Jeffster, Kelric, Mort Belfry, and I ignored you.

There happy?
    That reminds me, there's a question I've been meaning to ask: who are you?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.