User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    hehe, I never want to fight with you AJ (see?! Look at how crappy I am at being combative )
    I'll give you a few soft targets to go after later.

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Oh dear god, you mean we have lost him to one of those forums?

...Meanwhile who teh hellz is going to look after the Cobra-Kai and the music club!?
    That bastard never wrote a will.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Personally, I like Jack. He's witty, humorous, and fun to chat with. I have had a good amount of respect for him, and believe he has an equal amount with me.

That being said, for what he said to Evan, he definitely deserved the ban, and the way he assaulted any of the calm-witted people who were trying to warn him of what would happen if he continued his temper tantrum with continued caps lock fury was ridiculous and childish, even if alcoholically induced. You accept the responsibilities of your actions under the influence because it was your decision to get on the boards with your mind in that manner (if he was even drunk at all). Mentioning someone's deceased girlfriend just because they shared a view with someone you were in a minor debate with is a low blow.

I still have respect for him, but the respect levels are definitely lower now.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Oh, this is kind of silly. I've been here since before Jack, and I think it's kind of funny how a few people have noted the significance of his presence on the forum. Really? He's come and he's gone, and it's no different to me.

He put me on his friends list a while ago, and I accepted. Even as he disrespected my political stances, insisted I was full of crap when I called myself INTP, and insulted some of my favorite people on the forum, I still kept him on my list, and mostly remained amicable with him. But, oh well. He clearly, heavily violated the forum rules, most of all with that drunk thread, but not that time alone. He gets what he asked for, and if he was drunk when he did it, then it's his mistake for posting while drunk (or getting drunk at all).

I think there is value to keeping a forum from being totally disrespectful and anarchic, and I believe it would be a failure to do that if the moderators let Jack continue to act like that.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Oh, this is kind of silly. I've been here since before Jack, and I think it's kind of funny how a few people have noted the significance of his presence on the forum. Really? He's come and he's gone, and it's no different to me...
    ^Sure, it's silly to you, but not to the people who have remarked otherwise in an appreciation thread. *shrug*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

magic...you coulda posted that in the other thread. this is supposed to be nice stuff.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

But why continue positive appreciation for someone who was rightfully banned? Sure, Jack was nice to have around, but have you read the thread he was banned for? I'm surprised so many people have such nice things to say about him after that.

Its this "he wasn't insulting me, so i'm fine with it" mentality. Why reward his negative behavior? thats encouraging for him to do wrong when he comes back.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    How I despise mob mentality, if there was one thing you could never accuse Jack of, it was that.
    Sure you could.
    Just 'cause he sold the negative doesn't mean he's any less influenced...
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ evan i understand. there's still discussion in the other thread about that and of course i read it. i was on that night too and posted a bit in the thread. i'm still upset. i just put it aside for a second to say something nice since that was the point of this thread.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Martyr for what?
    Most martyrs die for other people or for some cause larger than themselv
    That was a joke, Jennifer. You know the rest of it about reminding us he was? I was imagining he'd consider himself martyred.

Remember the Edgar thread? His point there was that a person should do what they please whether others liked it or not. And he stood by that, much to his detriment. Gotta say he was consistent.

Unfortunately, I don't think his will had much to do with it.

Jeckyll and Hyde there. And when he picked up that magic elixir. . .

Anyway, I don't much care to talk about people when they aren't present. So if you're reading this Jack I will consider that I have addressed you directly.

I'll even paraphrase: When you bend your elbow your reason is overun by your issues. Makes you look stoopid, Dood. And I don't like my teachers to look dum.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Its this "he wasn't insulting me, so i'm fine with it" mentality. Why reward his negative behavior? thats encouraging for him to do wrong when he comes back.
    Insults are awesome.

It's when they're meaningless that they're just hostility counts.
    Hostility is retarded unless it's creative.
    That's because then it's not hostility, it's a prank.

That's my formula, and I'm not even in hot water.
    we fukin won boys