User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Exactly.

Not to mention that there was a big announcement made last week that hostility towards forum members would not be tolerated. JF knew where the line was. He as much as dared the mods to ban him. Stop shooting the messengers. The mod team left the 'evidence' of the final straw for you to see, I suspect that often the whole split thread would have been deleted.
    please don't imply intent that isn't there...i'm not shooting anybody here. i'm not on a "side" just curious about the procedure. if you read the thread it should be obvious how i felt about it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Oh, please. As if this forum announcement and JF's countless prior run-ins with the forum "law" qualifies as being blindsided.
    lol This is true. And looking back on that thread, this one, and Jack himself, I must say the guy never had a chance. If it weren't this it would've been something else.

MBTI
    INFP

This thread reminds me of how much a microcosm a forum is of RL society.

This comment is made in general and is not a personal dig at any of you corresponders here. Offering food for thought.

There are many comments here that show the influence of how far this country has slipped off center when it comes to dealng with socially unapproved behavior.

We've nearly lost the concept of personal responsibility for our behavior in this country.

Someone is always willing to jump in and enable the offender with excuses or explanations. In RL we call them social workers and lawyers. Here we call them friends. Heh.

At least lawyers and social workers get paid for it.

But, truth is, whether a consequence is perceived as deserved or unfair, it is that person's consequence for miss-estimating his social stance. At best it's a learning experience and helps develop self-awareness of how to gain respect/creditabilty in a social setting.

At worst it becomes one more reason to be resentful of society and failure to adjust.

But, for gawd's sake, Peeps, allow people to take their consequences with dignity and reinforcement that they made a mistake. Trying to shelter others actually cripples them. Best we learn at an early age what works or we end up either incarcerated or a prisoner of our misogyny.

(Course, she says, you can throw in a wisecrack or two, yeah? I do. Also a compliment. )
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

*gag*
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    This thread reminds me of how much a microcosm a forum is of RL society.

This comment is made in general and is not a personal dig at any of you corresponders here. Offering food for thought.

There are many comments here that show the influence of how far this country has slipped off center when it comes to dealng with socially unapproved behavior.

We've nearly lost the concept of personal responsibility for our behavior in this country.

Someone is always willing to jump in and enable the offender with excuses or explanations. In RL we call them social workers and lawyers. Here we call them friends. Heh.

At least lawyers and social workers get paid for it.

But, truth is, whether a consequence is perceived as deserved or unfair, it is that person's consequence for miss-estimating his social stance. At best it's a learning experience and helps develop self-awareness of how to gain respect/creditabilty in a social setting.

At worst it becomes one more reason to be resentful of society and failure to adjust.

But, for gawd's sake, Peeps, allow people to take their consequences with dignity and reinforcement that they made a mistake. Trying to shelter others actually cripples them. Best we learn at an early age what works or we end up either incarcerated or a prisoner of our misogyny.

(Course, she says, you can throw in a wisecrack or two, yeah? I do. Also a compliment. )
    This country?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I miss Jack. I'd call him a friend even though we didn't talk that much. I think we respected each other. He cracked me up pretty often. His stubbornness and defiance made him appealing, but also placed him up on a crash course with the admins and forum majority. I think he probably knew it would happen sooner or later. It's sad when people from your group/community are forced to leave, temporarily or permanently, but it's also part of the natural order of things.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I miss Jack. I'd call him a friend even though we didn't talk that much. I think we respected each other. He cracked me up pretty often. His stubbornness and defiance made him appealing, but also placed him up on a crash course with the admins and forum majority. I think he probably knew it would happen sooner or later. It's sad when people from your group/community are forced to leave, temporarily or permanently, but it's also part of the natural order of things.
    I think that was very well said, I guess it was destined to happen-but we can't hold it against him. That pretty much sums it up..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Just a heads up, too..I made this thread months ago, and it seems like it really kicked off when Jack left. I think it's kind of cool..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    This country?
    Heh. Quite a rant I spewed out there. Yeah, this country and then every other country in the world which thinks it's smart to try to be like Americans.

Jeffster? Did you just gag at my post? For shame.

Take this, Brigand:

*Gag*

And -

*Gag* back!

All better now.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    It's sad when people from your group/community are forced to leave, temporarily or permanently, but it's also part of the natural order of things.
    Maybe it's just semantics but I completely disagree and this wording makes me bristle.

No one "forced" anyone to exhibit bannable behavior.

Unless you mean "forced" as in Jack was forcibly ejected i.e. what bouncers do to troublemakers at bars. In which case I getcha.

ANNNNNND OMFG, how many fucking times are we gonna have this conversation every time some one gets banned and practically on 3 different threads already.

I agree with Anja that this is reflective of RL dynamics and it makes me IRL as well.

There are very clear rules in society about how to treat one another. These rules are codified in institutions and smaller units like schools, businesses, places of worship, moderated online forums, etc.

You break the rules, you are penalized.

You break the rules to a great enough extent, you are ejected, shunned, ostracized, excommunicated, etc.

It's that simple.

I don't understand this attitude some people have that they are either outside or above these rules.

But I especially don't get people who think so highly of themselves that they think if you YOU like someone that makes them exempt from society's rules.

It's like all rational thought and regard for other people stops at yourself.

"I like this person. They MUST be cool and everyone HAS to share the same opinion as me. Me me me me me."

This defense of Jack and other banned members isn't so much about him or her or them, it's about yourself and your ego and the way you identify with him and try to prioritize your own experiences and POV above other peoples.

Stop trying to shield people from the consequences of their actions. No one gets free passes. NO ONE.

Stop whining about how great of a person he is and how much you liked him as if it's a popularity contest and you have to convince other people. It's not. And it's not working. It's about action and consequence and it's in the past. It happened and there's nothing you nor anyone else, can do about it.

Stop psychoanalyzing him and trying to turn him into a martyr or romanticized rebel figure.

And get over yourselves.

Holy hell.

I have the urge to post this in all three "In Defense of Jack Flak" threads but then I myself would be guilty of spamming and therefore be breaking the forum rules. See - I actually keep things like this in mind before I post.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari