User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, they do.

I think some people probably don't take it seriously, though.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    just wondering about this...do mods ever step in like that and tell someone to watch it or delete something? just asking cuz i'm not sure i've seen it.
    Of course. We'd be pretty poor mods if we let people continue to hang themselves without a word.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

just wondering about this...do mods ever step in like that and tell someone to watch it or delete something? just asking cuz i'm not sure i've seen it.
    In this case, when the offending posts were reported, I moved them to the Graveyard. There were too many to delete at that point and he would have kept going anyway, I'm sure. He kept going back into the other thread to get the last word, and I kept having to move them out. I finally had to put him in a noposting usergroup so I could go to sleep and we could decide what the hell to do about it the following day.

I liked JF, but I gave up babysitting three years ago, and even if I were still willing, I certainly do not get paid to do it here.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

See? Big maybe.

You wouldn't see it, because the mods have discretion. It's no one else's business what sort of modly admonishments or warnings are made before something gets to the point of a banning. Just cause we don't see it doesn't mean someone had the rug pulled out from under them and got banned without a word.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    You wouldn't see it, because the mods have discretion. It's no one else's business what sort of modly admonishments or warnings are made before something gets to the point of a banning. Just cause we don't see it doesn't mean someone had the rug pulled out from under them and got banned without a word.
    Exactly.

Not to mention that there was a big announcement made last week that hostility towards forum members would not be tolerated. JF knew where the line was. He as much as dared the mods to ban him. Stop shooting the messengers. The mod team left the 'evidence' of the final straw for you to see, I suspect that often the whole split thread would have been deleted.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Yep, it's happened with me and I'm sure it's happened with other people. The difference is, I try to censor my behavior (or go offline) when things get heated.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Of course. We'd be pretty poor mods if we let people continue to hang themselves without a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    In this case, when the offending posts were reported, I moved them to the Graveyard. There were too many to delete at that point and he would have kept going anyway, I'm sure. He kept going back into the other thread to get the last word, and I kept having to move them out. I finally had to put him in a noposting usergroup so I could go to sleep and we could decide what the hell to do about it the following day.

I liked JF, but I gave up babysitting three years ago, and even if I were still willing, I certainly do not get paid to do it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    See? Big maybe.
    Oh, please. As if this forum announcement and JF's countless prior run-ins with the forum "law" qualifies as being blindsided.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    oh i agree...that's fine didn't mean it negatively...just wondered.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison