User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ...except if they are the head admin, in which case they actually are the alpha and omega
    Well, "head" is just a shortened form of his full title

MBTI
    I

Meh.

In a past debacle concerning another forum member too clever for their own good, and after Jack had argued vehemently for "the cause" that was (often) of his own Sisyphean creation and looong past reason and practicality, I posited Why is their intelligence more relevant (or valuable) than their civility? to which he rep. commented me, "Civility is retarded." Touch o' the idiot savant, was he not?

I've yet to see another statement made by Jack that was as unwittingly honest and telling of his own forum conduct.

Farewell Jack.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    I didn't see anyone with delicate sensitivities in the thread.
    I did. Jack couldn't handle people disagreeing with him.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you're right. are you saying i was wrong for involving myself? not tying to argue just would like to hear your perspective.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

To be fair, Flak brought it on himself.

That said, strawmen of the "no alpha and Omega of the forum" sort amuse me to no end. It's fun to tear down poor assertions you yourself contrived for the purpose. Very telling. I doubt anyone considers any member the Alpha and Omega of the forum. Except maybe the almighty Haight. With good reason.

When people are bullied, it isnt necessarily weakness to avoid confronting the bullies - on a forum it's just a simple shortcut to an easier life. After all, a bully can't beat you up and steal your lunchmoney online. The ignore button really works!
    What do you call it if not weakness? Certainly, being weak is sometimes the smarter choice. Well, until the "bully" is locked up and you suddenly find your courage along with the rest of the herd.
    And how does bullying work on a forum when the bully has no more administrative power than other forum denizens, and less than some (mods, admins), Especially given the "ignore button" that you mention? What is the equivalent act of stealing your lunch money? I've been in protracted disagreements with a forum member or two, and didn't consider myself bullied or a bully, even when they had clearly lost their marbles and were being nasty.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    To be fair, Flak brought it on himself.

That said, strawmen of the "no alpha and Omega of the forum" sort amuse me to no end. It's fun to tear down poor assertions you yourself contrived for the purpose. Very telling. I doubt anyone considers any member the Alpha and Omega of the forum. Except maybe the almighty Haight. With good reason.

What do you call it if not weakness? Certainly, being weak is sometimes the smarter choice. Well, until the "bully" is locked up and you suddenly find your courage along with the rest of the herd.
    And how does bullying work on a forum when the bully has no more administrative power than other forum denizens, and less than some (mods, admins), Especially given the "ignore button" that you mention? What is the equivalent act of stealing your lunch money? I've been in protracted disagreements with a forum member or two, and didn't consider myself bullied or a bully, even when they had clearly lost their marbles and were being nasty.
    Administrative power has nothing to do with bullying in most group social dynamics, and certainly this one.

MBTI
    INFP

Dr. Freud enters room adjusts glasses and begins.

No, zat ees correct, Geoff. It ees not ze administrator of ze forum whom ze bully ees addressing. Eet ees ze internalized voice of ze father whom ze bully ees haffing hees quarrel mitt. Yesss.

Zession ees ofer. Zat vill be $19.95.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Dr. Freud enters room adjusts glasses and begins.

No, zat ees correct, Geoff. It ees not ze administrator of ze forum whom ze bully ees addressing. Eet ees ze internalized voice of ze father whom ze bully ees haffing hees quarrel mitt. Yesss.

Zession ees ofer. Zat vill be $19.95.

Ok.. ok.. off topic, but anyway.

Q How many Anja's-doing-Freud-impressions does it take to change a lightbulb?

A Two. One to change the lightbulb and the other to hold the Penis.

LADDER! I meant LADDER!!

MBTI
    INFP

Yes, please. Will you hold this, er, penis, while I light it?

Contrary to popular opinion, eet ees NOT a Zigar.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer