User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    When your dog pisses on the carpet, you don't give it a treat.

My last post here, because if I can't say anything nice beyond this post, i'll say nothing, for the benefit of those who want to keep this an appreciation thread.
    Ok, I was just answering the question asked. Fwiw, I would make a terrible mod... (I think I'd be great in the redemptive professions though )

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Personally, I like Jack. He's witty, humorous, and fun to chat with. I have had a good amount of respect for him, and believe he has an equal amount with me.

That being said, for what he said to Evan, he definitely deserved the ban, and the way he assaulted any of the calm-witted people who were trying to warn him of what would happen if he continued his temper tantrum with continued caps lock fury was ridiculous and childish, even if alcoholically induced. You accept the responsibilities of your actions under the influence because it was your decision to get on the boards with your mind in that manner (if he was even drunk at all). Mentioning someone's deceased girlfriend just because they shared a view with someone you were in a minor debate with is a low blow.

I still have respect for him, but the respect levels are definitely lower now.
    QFT.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

What is all the fuss about..?
    This is just a small small boring little boy.

Clich, transparent, stupid, flawed broken toy.

A waste of time in itself.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^Sure, it's silly to you, but not to the people who have remarked otherwise in an appreciation thread. *shrug*
    Part of the mob-mentality is an uncontrollable hatred for viewpoints opposed to the herd's. Coexistence of the opposing viewpoints is not an option. Thus you see those in the herd unable to contain themselves where dissent dares to spring up. They can't help it.

I didn't always agree with Flak, but found his presence added a lot to the forum. The independence, directness, humor, and at times unflagging regard for the "correct" over the dull and nice were refreshing. Many of the people who've jumped on his case now (but were too much of a weakling to start with him without the herd on their side) are no match, and some painfully unaware of this. And some very aware of it (hence the passive-aggressive cattiness you see).
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    What is all the fuss about..?
    This is just a small small boring little boy.

Clich, transparent, stupid, flawed broken toy.

A waste of time in itself.
    Then why post? *shrug*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Then why post? *shrug*
    mh.
    At times I feel like helping humanity in its quest to understand how the human mind actually works. But it's really boring and I don't feel like explaining so the least I can do is hope some of you have enough capacity to analyse their own behaviors in depth.

a few hints : If somebody plays 'hard to please', as social animals, lacking more 'real life' informations we tend to fill in the gaps considering he must have high social status and will therefore want to 'get in' the trustee group.

This is basic sociology\biological anthropology.

It doesn't change the fact the man's just a rude small minded jackass with real poor social skills. building this empire he calls an ego on this forum by puting other people down with very poor reasoning and unrelated answers.
    This also can be explained using psychology for example and the way we compute other people's social status when lacking consistent data.

Figure it out.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    INTP

i'm surprised this didn't happen sooner considering his post rate and his general temperment. granted, jack did have *some* insights into life and personality, a solid 90% of what he spouted was useless and often reeked of petulance. so, was the 10% worth the other 90%? i guess not.

bye jack.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

violaine

Figure out what. Seems rather obvious to me. Really, I know you don't like him so I guess I'm more inclined to skip the justification and say "whatever, dude". I just thought it was funny that you consider him worthless but you go on about it, even after he's gone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    bye jack.
    for 6 monthes. He'll be back

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Figure out what. Seems rather obvious to me. Really, I know you don't like him so I guess I'm more inclined to skip the justification and say "whatever, dude". I just thought it was funny that you consider him worthless but you go on about it, even after he's gone.
    god, it's not about him. Can't you go beyond the whole 'people do things because of other people' theme and see relevant information for what it is.

I like to argue, I don't get mad over people, I play around. If they end up hating me, well, their problem.

... In theory.