User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    8w9

Default Rick Sanchez is the leftist Id

Rick Sanchez is the perfect realization of the Lefts Id. A superhero mad scientist that kills people with intellect and is a huge narcissist

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so
    Likes Xann, SpankyMcFly liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Rick Sanchez is the perfect realization of the Lefts Id. A superhero mad scientist that kills people with intellect and is a huge narcissist

The right's is Draco Malfoy, then.
    Likes Floki liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I DESPISE rick's character. When this show came out a few years ago so many of my friends raved about it and insisted I watch. I hated it. I made it through 3 or so episodes before I had enough. It had a lot of themes and philosophies that I align with and like, but it's all done so wrong. It's sort of like if an orchestra played your favorite song out of tune and in reverse. Ricks character is the like the manifestation of an archetypal person I want to put in a box and throw away the key. I can not stand that level of unbridaled careless chaos, I can't even watch it.

I might like the show if he weren't in it, but I get so frustrated by his charater to the point where the show in unwatchable to me.

I'll stick to steven universe.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The right's is Draco Malfoy, then.
    I'd say the alt-right is Kylo Ren.
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Maybe in America, I truly fail to see what is so left about this guy.
    Likes Gentleman Jack liked this post

I thought it was Bert and Ernie

Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.

Meet Richard P. Feynman

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Maybe in America, I truly fail to see what is so left about this guy.
    Rick isn't leftist. Rick is an anti-establishment, borderline anarchist. He equally shits on all sides of the political spectrum. The issue is that a lot of people in the US have a binary political mentality. Either you are left or right.
    In the first episode of the show Rick said to his granddaughter: "There is no God, Summer. Gotta rip that band-aid off now you'll thank me later", so he immediately became "Left" to the religious Conservatives who think that all atheists are leftists.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.
    Likes Floki, JocktheMotie liked this post

Someone who thinks they can make something appear bogus by association with Rick Sanchez has clearly not been paying attention.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

Naw, it's the Borg queen

- - - Updated - - -

And the right's would be Gul Dukat

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Rick isn't leftist. Rick is an anti-establishment, borderline anarchist. He equally shits on all sides of the political spectrum. The issue is that a lot of people in the US have a binary political mentality. Either you are left or right.
    In the first episode of the show Rick said to his granddaughter: "There is no God, Summer. Gotta rip that band-aid off now you'll thank me later", so he immediately became "Left" to the religious Conservatives who think that all atheists are leftists.
    Yeah, and loads of times he's seen to pray to God, especially at the moments when it looks like he's going to die for real, which is really good "no atheists in a fox hole" logic.

Anyway, balls to politics in the Rick and Morty-verse because it does not apply at all, selectively picking this or that line as evidence of a political affiliation is a waste of time because you'll find as much of the opposite opinion too, Rick's not a borderline anarchist, he's a full on anarchist, opposes any authority what so ever, including his own authority (literally).

The whole series is a spin on Albert Camus' Myth of Sisyphus (not just the earliest chapters on suicide and absurdity either but the later ones about eternal recurrence)
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon