User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default What do you collect?

Anyone else just LOVE some things that most people around you seem to care less about?

For example, I'm reminded I have a really compelling need to collect bottles.. like corked bottles of all shapes, sizes and colors.

I bought an original Starship Troopers invitation for like.. the first showing pre-screening party thing movies do.

One time I found this metal round disc on a swivel, and it was an old fashioned desk calendar of sorts with little metal numbers that clicked down in order as you turned it 180 degrees. I found it at a flea market, and I still hold it of high value, the whole 2 dollars I paid for it.

I also have an old carved box on a single chain that's perfectly balanced when you hold it by the chain attached to its direct center.

Most of everyone around me finds ALL of this useless, but my room is full of things like this that have caught my eye. Anyone else do this weird collecting of things?

I also have common fasinations like comic books and tea cups and masks.. but what are the more uncommon things you like to collect/finds you've made?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I have some Star Wars and Transformers toys from years ago, and a couple rad 80s skateboard decks. Haven't intentionally thrown out a concert ticket stub, but they aren't in any one place. I think I have all my cycle race numbers.

I used to collect pins and patches when I was younger. I still have them, but I don't continue to accumulate them. I guess the only thing I really still collect is concert ticket stubs. They don't take up a lot of room
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

The last thing I collected was Pogs. Yeah that turned out.. pretty lame. A couple years after the Pog craze, I was like "why the fuck do I have these things?".

Collecting, for me, is a quite meaningless activity... unless what you are collecting is cool enough in their own right.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Collecting SOUNDS really lame.. and it can turn you into a disorganized pack rat and make you have value to materialistic things.. ;o; but I can't help it, I really like my 1990 original factory shrinkwrap HeroQuest boardgame!

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ

I collect lots of books, but I only have one book shelf so I usually end up giving away quite a few of them when I'm done reading. I used to subscribe to the Library of America book club. Then I realized that these books are really too nice to give away but I don't have the space to keep receiving them. Now I have a single shelf devoted to these books I already got but I don't subscribe to the book club anymore.

I collect all kinds of glass jars and bottles which I use for brewing, pickling and fermentation in general. It's a really great hobby that doesn't require too much attention. All you gotta do is get it started and then wait. Especially if you're making mead. It's damn hard to ruin a batch of mead. I understand beer is far more sensitive to contamination. I'll try that too, eventually.

I also collect herbs, teas and plant seeds.

Oh, and dust (obligatory).
    I want something much more different
    Not these factories or prisons
    I wish that the Earth was green again
    I wish I had a gun in my hand

--Blackbird Raum

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by locke View Post
    Yeah I collect herbs too.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

LOL

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by locke View Post
    I collect all kinds of glass jars and bottles which I use for brewing, pickling and fermentation in general. It's a really great hobby that doesn't require too much attention. All you gotta do is get it started and then wait. Especially if you're making mead. It's damn hard to ruin a batch of mead. I understand beer is far more sensitive to contamination. I'll try that too, eventually.

Oh, and dust (obligatory).
    Thats actually pretty interesting! I don't know many people who do that sort of thing, although distant relatives send us random things of jam and peppers every so often. This year I hope I finally get to try mead, as I've never had it before.

Im also a tea and herb fan.

MBTI
    infp

My gig tickets and wrist bands, and books in preperation for the day I can finally afford to buy some decent shelves and make it look more like a library.

Other than that I throw everything away, can't stand hoarding things that I know I will get bored of eventually.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari