User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I have a tiny shell from the ocean floor when I was SCUBA diving (I didn't disturb any living thing, just picked up an inanimate shell the size of my thumbnail). I'll collect more if I ever get the chance to go diving again.

Other than that, I've given up on all my other collections because they're meaningless to me and I have too much junk.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ISTP

Ski things of all types.

Collection currently consists of:

About 45-50 posters (5 are framed, the rest stored until I have a place to put them).
    3 of my former pairs of skis.
    Trail maps from every place I've ever skied.
    Various other things..

I've gotten some amazing ones from ski areas just writing to them in early spring (a month or two before closing time), and they'll just send me whatever they have left, because otherwise they'd just be throwing it out. One place sent me a huge laminated poster of their ski area, another place sent me t-shirts, posters, and a free ticket.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFP

Kewl idea.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    About 45-50 posters (5 are framed, the rest stored until I have a place to put them).
    *fear*

MBTI
    istp

random stuff from foreign countries, foreign currency

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    I try to collect currency, both foreign and domestic. If you have any old greenbacks lying around and don't know what to do with them, I can take them off your hands for a small fee. I'm not so much a coin collector, I find more enjoyment in cash collecting. I also find the comparative rarity of higher numbered bills to be a more exciting collection prospect than your average run of the mill one dollar bill.
    What sort of currency do you have already? I think the only currency I have is Honduran and Iraqi Dinar.

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    I have a fair amount of posters but they aren't of skiing as I've never been XD
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I tend to collect odd things that catch my interest.

Crankshafts, license plates, a railroad sign, flags, guitars. That kinda stuff.

Most people just call it "junk"
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Lmao. Most of what I collect probably is just junk.. but there's something I see in it that makes me think it's valuable. I can't quite explain it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    What sort of currency do you have already? I think the only currency I have is Honduran and Iraqi Dinar.
    Mainly European stuff from before the Euro became adopted just about everywhere. I'm currently just trying to expand my U.S. collection though.
    No offense.

MBTI
    XNXP

I got some foreign currency at the New York World's fair, as a little boy in 5th grade. I was really quite wowed by it, and thought I would add to this collection as time went on. I did not ever do that, however. Not sure why.

I did get in to coins and stamps, and then later some old US currency, that I would discover now and then as a bank teller. Unusual looking gold certificates and US notes and the occasional old style $2 bill.

With stamps I started out collecting canceled stamps of the world and then moved into unused regular postal issue USA. My brother started the same way and then moved into the commemorative USA. In coins all I mostly could afford were old pennies.

We always had rivalries going on, my little brother and me. Even with Jokers, LOL. My oldest sister ( another Joker collector ) told me once that she thought the rivalry thing was poisoning or warping the relationship between him and me. I wondered if I had taken it too far at times, over the years. Recently I asked him about it. I could tell he was surprised to hear me ask the question. After a brief pause, while considering, he said that he thought that it made it all more interesting. There has always been a weird competition going on between us, originally instigated by my Dad, of all people, and it hasn't been limited to just little things like hobbies.

I guess my favorite foreign stamps back then were probably the ones from Japan. The closest thing I have to them nowadays are postcards which were designed using old postage stamps as the raw material that the "pictures" ( as in mosaics ) on the front were composed of.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.