User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vanilla in Perfume

I don't like perfume much, in any smell. As a female, I often get general gifts of body product packages with matching scents. They are kind of irritating. I like citris-y smells the best.

Real vanilla smells fine on its own, but I don't really like smelling like food all day. It's incredibly distracting. (I once was gifted a "vanilla brown sugar" lotion. I smelled like a cookie.)

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    2 sx/so

The Vanilla essential oil is a known aphrodisiac that dates back to the Jesus days. A systematic administration of Vanilla essential oil to people suffering from impotency, erectile dysfunction, frigidity, loss of libido etc. can help relieve them of their problems. The oil stimulates secretion of certain hormones like testosterone, estrogen etc. which help bring about normal sexual behavior and promote arousal. It is also known to be a relaxing, soothing, and tranquilizing. This is why it is used in perfumes.

(Yes, I dabble a little in aromatherapy)

On another note, you might enjoy reading this....

Love, Sex and the Sense of Smell: Essential Oil Aphrodisiacs: Valentine's Day Romance is in the Air