User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm not really a fan of perfume, in general, so I guess that would include vanilla.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    yupp

I like perfume that smells like food, and hate floral perfume. my body wash smells like grape fruit.

and i hate those people who use half a bottle of perfume. gives me a headache.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    You're not sure, what "musky" smells like....

Hmmm, I'm not gonna do the educating here...
    I'm wyrd that way. I generally have trouble connecting descriptive words/phrases to the actual qualities/sensations they refer to. For instance, another one I have trouble with is "butterflies in the stomach". I know it has to do with nervousness, and I'm often nervous myself, but I can never tell what exactly the phrase refers to or whether I've ever experienced it before.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    I like vanilla in food, but we used to have an air freshener that made me gag. I don't think I'd like it as a perfume, either.
    I think I like it, if it's subtle, in a perfume, but it can be easy for it to cross that line where it makes me queasy. I had a friend in college with a vanilla air freshener in his car, and when you'd get in the car after it'd been parked in the sun on a hot day, it was really sickening and overpowering. So that's probably influenced me.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    and i hate those people who use half a bottle of perfume. gives me a headache.
    Oh, absolutely. I knew a girl in college like that. One time, I got on an elevator that she had just gotten off, and was only on the elevator for a couple floors (holding my breath). I could smell the perfume on me so strong for the rest of the day, that it was making me sick.

In general, I don't like scented stuff, and I never like stuff that smells perfumy. I hate that they put it in everything - shampoo, shaving cream, laundry detergent, etc. I never wear cologne. The only perfumes/scented stuff that have ever appealed to me are food-related, and never perfumy/flowery/musky kinda stuff (burns the back of my throat, even if it's faint). But some kind of cinnamon or spice like that, or cookie scented, etc., can be good.

And pumpkin pie FTW.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    Allegedly, [vanilla is] one of the scents that get men going. Along with pumpkin pie.
    Don't ask me - I didn't do the research.
    So, can the men here confirm whether this is true?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    So, can the men here confirm whether this is true?
    I think I'm generally attracted to all the scents and smells girls got going on, but vanilla especially.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Yep.

I have vanilla perfume oil. I put a very tiny bit of it on my arms then put cologne on top. I think it mixes well but I haven't tried other perfume oils.. so..

MBTI
    INFP

I love vanilla, anything "light" smelling is good for me. I generally like to smell fruity but never strong. I think perfume overkill is a sad thing.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFx

I just can't help mentioning this -- but I have a perfume right now that I'm quite obsessed with. (I spray it on myself before going to sleep. I smell my own wrist in the middle of work while I'm at the office. When I'm bored I take out the bottle and treat myself to a little sniff. I tell all my girlfriends about it.) It's a mixture of freesia, peach, lavendar and a hint of a wood base...and -- and something else I can't quite describe. It's very different from vanilla in that it makes me think of sea breeze or fresh spring rain with a soft hint of flowers and leaves. And it's a very light, gentle, fresh scent.

I love it so much.:smiley_violin:

I'll stop before I wax further poetic about it. The name is L'eau de Recolte Bleu from L'Occitane en Provence if anyone wants to try a whiff next time they pass by that store.