User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Best thread ever. I seriously wish my job was to do nothing but play with cute puppies all day.

MBTI
    INTJ

None of these puppies are mine, but my family has a 14.5 week old male, light fawn with a black mask, of the same breed.

http://www.youtube.com/v/9lAoLYg2pTM&hl=en&fs=1

YouTube - pups

This one's just precious.

YouTube - Fila Brasileiro puppy 8 weeks with 6.5 month old baby Angelo
    There are two types of people in this world, sheep and sharks. Be a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Headstrong: You're learning the ways of...me!
    INTP Friend: Yay!
    INTP Friend: Wait....NOOOOO

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
    -Plato

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Malamutes aren't any closer to wolf than poodles
    Ha! Actually, not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Fourteen ancient breeds of dog have recently been identified through advances in DNA analysis. These breeds of domesticated dog show the fewest genetic differences from wolves.
    Now, if you'd said Malamutes aren't any closer to the wolf than a Shih Tzu or a Pekingese, you'd have been correct (they're also of the 14 ancient breeds).

</smug>

I'm with Poriferan on my preference, though. The more a dog is bred to be like a wolf, the more I like them (though I'm also partial to enormous fluffy dogs, like Newfies). Those Mal puppies are illegally cute, with their howling attempts.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INTP

YouTube - 3 Adorable Shih Tzu Puppies

I AM DYING FROM TEH CUTENESS!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Ha! Actually, not true.

Now, if you'd said Malamutes aren't any closer to the wolf than a Shih Tzu or a Pekingese, you'd have been correct (they're also of the 14 ancient breeds).

</smug>

I'm with Poriferan on my preference, though. The more a dog is bred to be like a wolf, the more I like them (though I'm also partial to enormous fluffy dogs, like Newfies). Those Mal puppies are illegally cute, with their howling attempts.
    Hmm. I don't think it really contradicts the idea that the wolfy appearance of a Malamute or Husky doesn't make it like a wolf, though. Behaviorally they are worlds apart. Noah had a wolf hybrid when he was younger, and it's a whole other experience. I'm lucky his wolf liked me, or he might not have wanted to date me.

I prefer wolfy-looking dogs, too. Did you meet Eli when you were here? I think I kept him in the backyard so he wouldn't bother people. He's a mess.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Hmm. I don't think it really contradicts the idea that the wolfy appearance of a Malamute or Husky doesn't make it like a wolf, though. Behaviorally they are worlds apart. Noah had a wolf hybrid when he was younger, and it's a whole other experience. I'm lucky his wolf liked me, or he might not have wanted to date me.
    Heh. Fair enough.

I had a Malamute/Husky/wolf mix when I was younger. His father was 160 lbs at one year, and mine was on his way to that. Unfortunately, he got some kind of virus, and died at 4 months. Just about did me in. He had a very sweet temperament. I'd heard that the test to see if they're "safe" or not is to take food away from them when they're eating, to see how they react. So I gave Crash (yeah, that was his name) some raw hamburger, which he always went insane for. I let him gulp some down, then reached into his dish and grabbed the rest away. He just looked at me with this incredibly hurt look, like he couldn't believe I would do that to him. I think he was safe. Or maybe he was just that smart. That look went a lot deeper than any bite he could inflict.

I prefer wolfy-looking dogs, too. Did you meet Eli when you were here? I think I kept him in the backyard so he wouldn't bother people. He's a mess.
    No! You didn't tell me you were holding out on me!
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    No! You didn't tell me you were holding out on me!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

^ He is b-e-a-utiful

Ya'll had me with the first clip!

I want!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I don't.
    You've just never had them properly prepared.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Thank you, Trinity! I didn't have him as a puppy or I'd have posted pics. We got him when he was about 2 (we're still not 100% sure how old he is). Someone had left him in the night deposit box at the shelter. He was pretty unruly at first so I can kind of see why, but still.

And look at this little fat fluffball:

[youtube="3l7LbSMA-AA"]Oh my goodness[/youtube]