User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flame Central

shoshaku jushaku Array rivercrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Yes, maybe I should have posted this in the Fluff Zone...
    Okay. Done as requested.

Edit: BW, remember what happened last time you changed the title on an OP after the thread had been locked.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Though in short, I would say we must have Mods justify their decisions because we dont want for them to be making decisions on whim.
    Yes. Because we're all quite well-known for habitually doing such things.

In any case, even if we go by a simple "Reflect the needs of the constituency," you are the only one who suggested a flamethread (in good humor or not), so it certainly doesn't seem to be something we need here at MBTIc.

And other people were quite able to understand on their own the thinking behind how a purposeful flamewar thread could be disruptive to the entire forum, even if it's stored in a "fluff" section, based simply on the fact that there are all types of personalities involved here at MBTIc, each with a different threshold of what they consider funny and what things they take personally, so I very much anticipate ugliness...

... which is why I suggested you take the idea to a more targeted forum like INTPc, where you can fairly well assume the limits of what is allowable in such a thread.

Rational enough for you yet?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft