User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Cool Hurrican Ike ecavuation party thread!

Off for the weekend due to Ike, so lets do this right!

SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

*cant seem to remember how to edit thread title so is waiting for some one to re-explain it to him so he can correct evacuation and add an e to hurricane*
    SDMF

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Lol! I know what you meant if that helps? At least it wasn't bangwagon. XD Yeah we need to decide something with a quickness so I know... because if I stay here tonight, I'm pretty much stuck all weekend.

MBTI
    INTJ

I work Friday night and Sunday morning! Score!
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No school for my son tomorrow so he'll be in the office with me in the morning and at Grandma's in the afternoon.

I like watching storms but I was planning to go out Saturday night to watch the Tech-SMU game somewhere, I hope the satellite connection doesn't go down or that it's not so flooded I can't go anywhere, cause I don't have cable at home anymore.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    GONE

Dooods, if you are in the way of Ike or one of the many hurricanes that seem to be hitting US shores, please turn off your laptops and get the hell outta Dodge

Thank you.

Hope everyone makes it out dry and safe. And you will -- because you are no longer near the danger zones.

I'm going to leave this thread now before I start getting all antsy.

And Hexis!!! You changed your name back from Sexist!!

You wuss!

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    intj

We made it.

Hurricane Ike nearly overwhelmed the private levee systems in Plaquemines Parish. The hope is to federalize everything.

Everything important or irreplaceable was already in my car. I didn't unpack the pictures, mementos, jewelry, and other hard to replace items after Gustav, knowing Ike was on the way.

I thought I'd unpack on Friday. I don't work or go to school on Friday. Ike was hitting Houston. Maybe there would be rain or wind, but I could handle that.

That morning, my aunt called to warn us the levees might not hold and we had to seek higher ground. I packed up what the cats would need and got some clothes together for Mom and I.

I was still feeling pretty casual about the whole affair until my cousin spotted me outside while he was driving his tractor up to higher ground and told me danger was imminent. The levees behind us were like waterfalls. If too much erosion occurred, the water would flood us all.

Mom, the cats, and I were ready to go almost immediately. I even had enough time to gather up the ingredients for crawfish etouffee so Mom could fix it for our fellow evacuees at my aunt's house.

It was touch and go all day yesterday. I know firsthand that the volunteers at Braithwaite Park had given up yesterday at 8:30 am. Just then, the "Army guys" showed up and encouraged the men on hand to stay there and keep trying to save the community. They did. About 200 homes were saved, including three families I know. They worked for nearly twelve hours, until 8:00 pm.

My home is further south that Braithwaite Park. We were in worse straits. My cousin, Michael, was one of the volunteers who stood in two feet deep rushing water and didn't give up.

The attached pictures are from Scarsdale, which is just above my home. They saved us by not giving up even when all seemed impossible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Im glad to hear you all made it out okay! We were in the NW side of Houston, and there was a lot of fences damaged, trees fallen, and shingles and tin roofing gone but for the most part we were not hit with flooding or anything horrible like that. I'm still worried for a few I haven't heard from though...

MBTI
    intj

I haven't heard from my cousin in Houston, either, but I'm sure he's fine. I hope your family comes through unscathed, too.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Scary times, Radio. I'm so sorry! O.o Please take care of yourselves.

We rode out Hurricane Fran with 100 mph winds for hours. I know the awfulness of it. But you guys have the flooding dangers.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious