User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should I be the woman on the platform?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 58.82%
  • No

7 41.18%
123 Last

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Default Should Lookin4 go into the dunktank?

I have been asked to participate in some games for a group I am a part of. I was asked if I would be the girl on the platform for the dunk tank. I thought at first that I was being asked because I am friendly and outgoing. I have since figured out by various comments such 'you should wear a light color that day it's going to be hot' etc. that such is not the case entirely. They asked again yesterday if I still would...but the thing is I don't remember agreeing to it. My husband is strangely neutral on the matter. I think it would be weird to say yes as I have feeling that I will be some piece of eye-candy. I don't think everyone is thinking like that though so it's probably not a big deal. So anyway please vote I will let you all decide.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTP

Yes and wear a white T-shirt for me!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I got really excited there for a second when I thought it said drunktank.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Maybe if they fill the tank with Absolut vodka instead of water...?

Yay, L4BNU, YAY! You go, girl!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaselation View Post
    Yes and wear a white T-shirt for me!
    Now for the obvious:

And definitely remember that you must come back with PICS, or we'll be really disappointed.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Ummmmm, I would have thought it was just the eye candy factor. So I voted no. Though I'm probably biased because at high school a really hot female teacher did it and a very large crowd of boys gathered around.

(Edit) The more I think about this the more I think it would be a bad idea. I can't really explain why. Am I allowed to say it's just the way I feel.
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    Bertrand Russell

http://rayofsolar.blogspot.com/
    http://zeropointseven.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I've never had that kind of experience and am unlikely to ever have it, but if I actually had boobs, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be comfortable in the situation they are trying to put you in. I think if I did it (and I'm not sure I would) I would wear an opaque top.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Person asking you
    Lookin4theBestNU

Ask who they'll get to do it if you don't. I'm backing you might see a pattern in the selection of your potential replacement.

umm,errr, what did you think of your husband's neutral stance?
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    Bertrand Russell

http://rayofsolar.blogspot.com/
    http://zeropointseven.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

My mother used to say "If you've got it, flaunt it" but there again she never really followed her own advise, I kinda got the feeling that she wished she had though.

Live enough to not regret not trying but try not to live so much that you retreat from ever doing anything again.

Blokes perspective I know but so what if they look? What's it cost? You can be the eye candy today and then should their perception of you shift, you have a nice platform from which to ambush them with your mind.

Of course there's also the mothers line of "seen it all before". Odd that it never stops them getting all silly for strippers though

Anyhow I'd say yeah go for it. I'm going to vote that way but I'm doing so in concern that you may not want to.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Thanks for the responses and votes . Looking at the whole picture I keep thinking what's the big deal really? This is going to be a rather large event-not just the people I know. What kind of 'insults/taunting' am I going to shout to strangers? I have inside info for the people I know (nothing really personal just little things) ! I think were it just them I would say yes as I enjoy talking a bunch of crap to them anyway!! It's going to be a chance to raise money for the group which we need. The other girl they would ask is super shy and quiet. Therefore my 'replacement' is an old guy who said he would do it if I didn't. The response was "no one would pay 5 cents to see your ugly ass wet". They are saying that me being up there could raise more than the raffle. Here comes the self-esteem issue......what if it doesn't even come close?!? My ego will be crushed! There is still time to back out. They put the deposit down for the day but I think they can get it back.

A couple of the older ladies approached me with something similar to what Xanders mother would say . I already knew one of the guys was manipulating me with saying I already agreed to do it. I didn't but I was going to do it anyway. The next manipulative comment that sent me off during the discussion was the guy who piped up with "Quit being such a baby it's time to take one for the team!". Grrrrr I can be a baby if I wanna be !#$%@#!

My husband at first was like "Ya go ahead and do it!" with a huge smirk. I told him they asked me again and I was thinking I would. His tune changed a bit. In truth I think he was certain I wouldn't do it!!!!

This is the reason I am having the voting process as I can't decide! I would like people to vote on what they would do. I think it will be interesting to see how other types would approach it. You know they say that ENFJs like being the center of attention sometimes? I don't mind usually but this is different. All in all it's not a big deal I know that but my 'feelers' are getting in the way. I know if I do it I will do it all the way but I am not wearing white...light pink maybe ?? Thanks again everybody!!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**