User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should I be the woman on the platform?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 58.82%
  • No

7 41.18%
First 123

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I gave it to an ESTJ friend of mine who was getting vilified by his weird pentecostal church after sleeping w/ his gf and it made him cry a bit. I assumed he did so because he was deeply moved, and not because he was deeply embarrassed like I felt giving it to him.
    You made an ESTJ cry????!

<bows down, places forehead on floor in homage, begins washing JJJ's feet with hair>
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    This is the reason I am having the voting process as I can't decide! I would like people to vote on what they would do.
    I doubt I would do it, but I am hoping you will and that you will post pics. Sorry, but that's the truth of it. Just kidding sort of. You are a beauty to behold and if you think it would be fun, I'm sure it would be a pleasing site.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Sorry if my comment was offensive. I was saying what the others weren't, even though I probably wouldn't care to look anyway.
    You're the kind of guy that is allowed to peek. If I were in a dunk tank, you would have my permission to peek, but I can't guarantee it would live up to the hype. I could probably guarantee it wouldn't.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

<bows down, places forehead on floor in homage, begins washing JJJ's feet with hair>
    It's possible that he just had something in his eye. Like a big lump of cheeese.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    It's possible that he just had something in his eye. Like a big lump of cheeese.
    Hmmmm. It must have been gorgonzola or limburger, none of that mamby-pamby edam stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    If I were in a dunk tank, you would have my permission to peek, but I can't guarantee it would live up to the hype. I could probably guarantee it wouldn't.
    I'm not sure whether to tell you to buck up or put on the bunny suit.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm not sure whether to tell you to buck up or put on the bunny suit.
    Okay, so I would do the dunk tank in the rabbit suit. Now that WOULD live up to the hype. I promise. (Unless my head fell off)

And how exactly do you buck up? It sounds kinda fun.

Lookin4, I guess with something like this, you will have people with all different reactions. There will be people there for innocent games and there will be guys who think you are beautiful and fun, and there will be creeps who think demeaning thoughts. It will likely all be there, so it depends how you feel about it in its totality.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Silly. Pentecostals are supposed to cry. Emotion is more than acceptable, it's expected. In that context (my brother is an ESTJ Pentecostal preacher) crying (and all kinds of other emotional demonstrations) are normal and, being normal, they are what the ESTJs do. I, OTOH, being very private with my emotions, have very nearly had my salvation questioned for not being demonstrative enough. They obviously didn't see me going through half a box of tissue while watching 50 First Dates.

sorry for the
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    EDIT: Anyone know where I could find some 'generic' insults that are appropriate?
    Hi Lookin4,

I remember one old carnie in a dunking booth at a fair. For starters, he called all the young kids "booger-eater." Skinny or even medium-weight women and girls were "skinny Minnie," and he had some similar rhyme for skinny boys. Typical insults were that the thrower was too weak to get the ball to the target or too uncoordinated to hit the target. He would tease them about long hair blocking their vision or baggy clothes tangling up their throw.

But other than that, he stayed away from personal stuff or fat jokes or whatever. He wanted to tease the thrower a bit, but he didn't want to alienate the onlooking crowd in the process. (After all, the taunts are mostly geared at entertaining the crowd, not the thrower.) The old man came down hardest on the young kids (age 8-12) with the booger-eater label and some taunts about being too small to get the ball to the target. The kids would get a little pissed, but the crowd just thought it was hilarious to see the young kids get grim and determined to take the old man out.

The old man did his taunts only when there was an actual thrower at the line, and he went silent between throwers. In between throwers he had an assistant working the crowd, collecting the money, doing a steady patter about dunking the old man, and gathering up the balls after each thrower. The old man only came alive when there was a paying customer lined up and ready to throw. (No use giving the show away for free.) The old man only really had a total of about 5 lines and a couple simple insults; the crowd turnover was quick enough that he didn't need to be endlessly creative. But he mixed and matched his lines with his insults pretty well. And he occasionally interacted with the throwers a bit, for example coaxing them to come back and try again when they missed all three balls.

Be prepared to project your voice a bit. There may be a plexiglas shield in front of you to protect you from stray balls, and you have to yell over or through the plexiglas shield*. Don't feel that you have to keep up a running patter all the time in order to keep the crowd energy high; leave that kind of steady stream of patter to the assistant who collects the balls and the money and works the crowd. You want to preserve your voice, so just hold off on your lines until someone's actually up at the throwing line. Choose a good assistant who will keep the patter going in between throwers and who will sell your act to the audience.

Anyway, that's what I remember from the last time I saw a dunking booth in operation at a large fair.

FL

*[Edit:] I think I remember one gal who stood up on the seat, leaned on the plexiglas and yelled over it, then ducked down behind the plexiglas when the throw came.]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Comparing the personage to a small rodent perhaps?
    Relating their musclature to your cousin Sue the wall flower?
    Perhaps insinuating that your beagle throws harder?

Shame it's not a more adult audience as there's some prime stuff in The Long Kiss Goodnight.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Typical response from me...."What's your gut feeling tell you?"

If you think there are ulterior motives in them asking you AND you don't feel it appropriate or don't feel comfortable doing it, don't. If you are personally comfortable with yourself and how to handle the jerks that might be there (both office and strangers), go for it and have not regrets. Just be sure that it's what YOU want to do. What's important here is not what we think, but what you think about it.

Where's this at again? And when?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Silly. Pentecostals are supposed to cry. Emotion is more than acceptable, it's expected. In that context (my brother is an ESTJ Pentecostal preacher) crying (and all kinds of other emotional demonstrations) are normal and, being normal, they are what the ESTJs do.
    What!? I've been set up! :steam:

<gets up, stalks off to wash hair>

I, OTOH, being very private with my emotions, have very nearly had my salvation questioned for not being demonstrative enough. They obviously didn't see me going through half a box of tissue while watching 50 First Dates.
    Sigh. I have to admit, the movie was just awful from a "T" point of view... but I got choked up a number of times anyway. Go figure.