User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should I be the woman on the platform?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 58.82%
  • No

7 41.18%
First 123 Last

RDF

What Xander said.

If you 1) have never done something like that before, and 2) are at all tempted, then go for it. Nothing wrong with enjoying the role of eye candy for a day, if the setting is appropriate and everyone else is onboard with the idea. All else being equal, it's smart and fun to stretch ourselves a little bit and play around with a new role, even a silly one, if only to keep ourselves from getting stuffy and dull from long habit and lack of a challenge.

Just give your clothes a test run by soaking them and then having your husband check you out while you wear them in the sunlight.

FL

[Edit:] Get the old guy (your replacement) to suggest some generic lines for taunting, if you need some. And ration out your voice across the day; yelling taunts at people while getting dunked repeatedly is going to be a bit of a strain.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Sorry if my comment was offensive. I was saying what the others weren't, even though I probably wouldn't care to look anyway.

If you think it's reasonable to do, then go for it.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

If you can show all that you've got and laugh whilst others blush then you have confidence. If half those present think "phwoor" then more power to you.

Basically it's nice to be wanted. Just ensure that your prepared to repel borders
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    A couple of the older ladies approached me with something similar to what Xanders mother would say . I already knew one of the guys was manipulating me with saying I already agreed to do it. I didn't but I was going to do it anyway. The next manipulative comment that sent me off during the discussion was the guy who piped up with "Quit being such a baby it's time to take one for the team!". Grrrrr I can be a baby if I wanna be !#$%@#!

My husband at first was like "Ya go ahead and do it!" with a huge smirk. I told him they asked me again and I was thinking I would. His tune changed a bit. In truth I think he was certain I wouldn't do it!!!!

This is the reason I am having the voting process as I can't decide! I would like people to vote on what they would do. I think it will be interesting to see how other types would approach it. You know they say that ENFJs like being the center of attention sometimes? I don't mind usually but this is different. All in all it's not a big deal I know that but my 'feelers' are getting in the way. I know if I do it I will do it all the way but I am not wearing white...light pink maybe ?? Thanks again everybody!!
    If I were in your situation [and, um, with your looks and not mine at the moment!], I would do it. I would just look at it this way:

1. Based on your assessment, no one in the group else could perform the role nearly as well as I could, for the purposes of attracting attention (and thus money!)
    2. I can wear whatever sort of clothes I like and whatever color, and I don't have to dress in something I would find uncomfortable to have people staring at when wet (so I'd just find that "sweet spot" between what I think is appropriate and what would raise the most money).
    3. I really enjoy surprising people... or at the least doing something they would not expect from me. This would fit in lines with that, up to a point.
    4. It could be a lot of fun to goad people on -- it is rather like flirting and fun interplay, and the hubby has a joke like this coming to him, since he rather DID throw you to the wolves, didn't he?
    5. You are always in charge. If you don't like it or need to take breaks, you can just do that. And if the group doesn't like it, one of them can volunteer to replace you.

As far as manipulation goes, yes, it does look like you are susceptible to it in a certain way that I might not be (I'm susceptible in a whole 'nother way!) . They are sort of manipulating you, but also mostly doing it benevolently, and they know they're manipulating you, and they know YOU know they're manipulating you, and now you know THEY know that YOU know that they're manipulating you... so it's really like a game of "let's pretend" where everyone actually knows what is going on the entire time and Thinking therefore tells me there is nothing to feel ashamed of or controlled by.

And Hon, please don't judge yourself by how much money you bring in. You're a gorgeous woman, regardless. (Deep down, do you know that?) I wouldn't be surprised if everyone here agreed with that. You're not doing this for self-esteem or validation (or to have Wolf not care to look at you -- foo on him), you'd be doing it to raise money.

That's what I think, anyway, from the more "detached" point of view.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

I've probed my recesses for moral objections to what you propose to do and I haven't found any of note. My main concern would be that a) you wear plenty of sunscreen and b) you are well-armed with generic crap-talk which is amusing yet not genuinely offensive. That being said, you are putting your ego on the line a bit, but I think in your case it's a pretty safe bet. I'd try and dunk you, anyway. It'd probably be good for you husband's ego too, in a twisted kind of way.

Edit: I'd try to dunk you, but knowing my aim I'd probably miss so much that I'd end up walking away humiliated. I'm no Babe Ruth.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

You're not doing this for self-esteem or validation
    Thanks Jen this is one of the things I was talking about with my feelers getting in the way. I don't put much ego in the physical most of mine is I have a crazy idea I am pretty darn smart ! I know I will raise a little bit for sure. One person told me it would be worth a pretty good chunk to 'take me down a notch or two'!

EDIT: Anyone know where I could find some 'generic' insults that are appropriate?
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

The thing with you ego is that it's been fooled into thinking like this.

If you get dunked and they laugh and jeer and your dripping wet and possibly causing a few people to pass out when you come back up then your really in control. Sure some part of you may focus on them laughing at you but why would it do that? Cause it's paranoid.

Most will laugh from nerves. Others will laugh to try and drag back some of the ground you just made by showing that yours are made of titanium

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breath a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
    Rudyard Kipling

Hoepfully the water will not be mutagenatic but just in case

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
    Hoepfully the water will not be mutagenatic but just in case
    Yes, I think you're just going to scare her away now.

I have to say, RC, I'm not much of an F -- this poem made me positively sick after the first two lines... not even close to an "Awwwwwww <sweet smile>" Moment.

I hated it when my parents got me a card with it on for graduation 15 years ago. (How original.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, I think you're just going to scare her away now.

I have to say, RC, I'm not much of an F -- this poem made me positively sick after the first two lines... not even close to an "Awwwwwww <sweet smile>" Moment.

I hated it when my parents got me a card with it on for graduation 15 years ago. (How original.)
    I gave it to an ESTJ friend of mine who was getting vilified by his weird pentecostal church after sleeping w/ his gf and it made him cry a bit. I assumed he did so because he was deeply moved, and not because he was deeply embarrassed like I felt giving it to him.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Errm it's a poem peeps. Emotional response comes from context. That's all you!!