User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Shrimp Shit

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Shrimp Shit

Did you know that green-black streak running through the back of a shrimp is poo? I didn't. Thank goodness shrimp don't eat corn.

MBTI
    type

Yeah--I'm amused that it's called "de-veining." It'd be called "disemboweling" for any other critter.

I'm also interested that some people consider de-veining completely optional. Um......okay....
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Did you know that green-black streak running through the back of a shrimp is poo? I didn't. Thank goodness shrimp don't eat corn.

Oh, they eat stuff that is so much worse that if you knew you may never want to eat them again.

The lazy way is much easier than this - you just twist the heads off and toss them in some water. Provided they're fresh, just agitate the water and the gunk will come out. At least this works with fresh prawns... The water looks pretty nasty afterward, just rinse them down real good and cook them up...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

It's disturbing when it's cooked already and it's half removed...and you can SEE it.

I wonder what it would be like to have my poo run along my spine. If the shrimps don't poo for a long time, will the poo reach their heads and go into their brains and make them go all mutant-ninja-shrimp?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Shrimp poo, ugh.

I never caught onto eating lobster guts either. Or eating crabs WITH their shells.

Enneagram
    1w2

I felt the same disgust that I occasionally feel when I'm eating meat and it tastes too meaty. I was happily chomping along when the person I was with was like "Eww they didn't devein the shrimp!" and then went on to enlighten me. I left one shrimp floating in the bowl. I guess I wasn't that disgusted.

I know what you mean. Sometimes it tastes like ... well, flesh.

I could easily be a vegetarian except that I'd get very very fat! I love cheese and grains.

MBTI
    type

No sushi eaters here then? No drinkers of raw eggs? No steak tartare fans?
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    No sushi eaters here then? No drinkers of raw eggs? No steak tartare fans?
    Nothing raw, nope. I like sushi vegetarian or with smoked eel and cooked crab and shrimp, but I can't bring myself to eat raw meat of any kind. I don't even like bloody cooked steak.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I love sushi. Raw, cooked, whatever, I love it all. In fact, I might go get some for lunch today, if I can't find anything to put together for lunch today.

Not really into raw beef, but a rare steak is good.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.