123 Last

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Default Why don't people "get" you?

What is it about you individually or your personality type that people don't realize or understand? Or do you feel that on the whole you're pretty well understood?

If I'm not understood, it's because I don't make myself understood. It takes a while to get to know me. I don't always make the best first impression, but if you don't like me after knowing me a few months, you are crazy
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

I think I am pretty strange. Also, people tend to fear/envy the gifted.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Some people assume if you don't overstate something with redundancy, and repeat it several times (teehee), you don't actually mean it. I'm rather a bit decent at interpreting meaning from few words, and I effectively require the same of my audience.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

They judge, and not well.
    and for the most part, i'm an open book-good luck being read by the illiterate

better yet...i'm a closed door, but i'm unlocked
    after that, i'm pretty open-too direct and honest for most
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    They judge, and not well.
    and for the most part, i'm an open book-good luck being read by the illiterate

better yet...i'm a closed door, but i'm unlocked
    after that, i'm pretty open-too direct and honest for most
    I love how you worded all of that.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

What people usually don't understand about me is that they don't know me. Well, they don't know all of me. So much of myself is hidden and even though I tell people that they never get it. They think that I can be summed up into the few parts of myself that they have seen.

I don't talk about who I am much (IRL) and the stuff that really matters to me. People always think I'm more shallow and simple than I am. They don't realize that I spend hours reflecting and thinking about stuff that matters in life.

People also don't understand that I'm very layerd and multifaceted. I have so many different distinct facets. When a new facet comes out people are always like "You are soooo different today!!" I don't know what the heck it is but people always assume that the facet that they usually see encapsulates all of who I am. I never assume stuff like that with other people...unless I know someone really really deeply/well I assume that there's sides of them that I don't know about or just that I don't fully know/understand them.

This one is an ouch...people also assume that I'm more cold-hearted than I am. I'm insanely sensitive on the inside but I hardly ever show it on the outside.

Heh they also think I'm really calm and level headed. I don't know about level headed but I'm definitely not a calm person. I don't know how it is that I portray that IRL.

Also, people don't realize that there's tons of stuff that they don't know cuz I don't tell them. It hardly ever occurs to me to communicate stuff with words to them. I have to conciously remind myself that people need to know what's going on with me and that I need to tell them.

Basically, people don't understand that I am a bunch of stuff inside of a box but all they're seeing is the box.

lol. Yeah I definitely don't expect you to have read all that. That was really long.

I IZ MISUNDERSTOOD.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    What is it about you individually or your personality type that people don't realize or understand? Or do you feel that on the whole you're pretty well understood?
    They don't seem to get the sort of things I'm concerned about. Such things are of little concern to them.

MBTI
    ESFJ

People also don't seem to get that my number one goal in life is to be a good father.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

People don't get that I like people, but I don't always like to hang out with people all the time. And that I don't just open up to anyone who asks a personal question. They don't get that I'm much less confident than I seem.