User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why don't people "get" you?

4, 7

I'm pretty personable, so I often get my point across/am understood. Just that certain people 'get me' more than others.. especially if we're both NFs or NPs. We tend to instantly 'click.'

What people don't get?

Well most of them fail to recognise that whilst they see that there's an underground system they sit on the surface, see where I pop up and then claim to know how I got there and understand the journies by tracking the distance as the crow flies.

What they don't get is that there's a whole network beneath the surface. A labarinth of tunnels, dead ends and exits. Whilst they may walk in a two dimensional fashion, claiming that a hill is their third dimension, I've gone up and down beneath their path, going through the foundations of their obstacles and pathways. Quite often when I express I'm talking about the things which lie underneath what they see and they just don't get it.

That and people often assume that because I don't conform to standard distribution curves that I'm doing something "funny" and view me with suspicion.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?