First 2345 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What a closed-minded viewpoint.
    Let's see if he's ironically incapable of changing his opinion.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What a closed-minded viewpoint.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Since the dawn of humanity, people have tried to understand God, always failing. Thus, I feel rather misunderstood.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    GONE

It's those damn S'es!

A joke people, a joke.

I think for me, what you see is what you get. If people don't get me, it's because they just can't hang with my steez.

LOL.

I'll try to answer this question for real after I finally get to bed and am not aimlessly trying to stay awake and kill time.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

They do get me and that is why they take an instant dislike to me.

But when I ask them, "why do you take an instant dislike to me?", they tell me it saves time.

But I know they are only saying this to save my feelings - they do not give a flying ferret about the time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Because I don't particularly care to be gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    that im not necessarily inclined to make a good impression... just because im capable of socializing and being amicable doesnt mean that my autonomy isnt extremely important to me. i keep my greatest qualities to myself, usually, or occasionally a stranger that i will never meet again. i guess i have a hard time trusting other people enough to let them see that side of me.

they say the only constant is change, and the only similar certainty i can conclude about myself is that im counter-intuitive. maybe it's one of my few ideologies, but i believe i shouldnt have to try and impress people or draw attention.

on the flipside, i know that despite working so hard to not need anybody else, maybe id be happier if i did, even if just a little. when i was growing up, my mother always told me that no man is an island... i often wonder if that is one rule that i am not an exception to after all.
    I identify with this a lot.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Dali

During conversations, some people find it difficult to follow my train of thought.

Ironically, some people accuse me of being too quiet and a few say I talk too much.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I think I might be too oblivious to know whether people "get" me or not, unless they're obvious about it. I know when people don't get my sense of humor. If they don't, I usually don't want to be friends with them, because I subconsciously use humor to keep conversations moving, and therefore I have a really hard time talking to people who don't get it. (speaking of which, I have an ENFP friend who I don't "get" to the extent that one of the main reasons why we're friends is that we appreciate each others' sense of humor.)

But back to the OP (because I just had an epiphany about the topic in midstream - sorry!!), people don't get me because of how much I care about getting things done efficiently, quickly and to the best of my ability. They also don't get why I take things really personally sometimes. (That would be because I register even the tiniest things as FAILURE.)

Besides that, I don't know.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Good thread idea, Sunshine. Can't believe I missed it before. Thanks for sharing everyone.

Some people don't get that I'm really idealistic. I criticize movies and books and ideas- I'm critical all over and they call that jaded and I joke that I "hate all movies". But criticizing/analyzing is just my modus operandi- it doesn't mean I don't enjoy/appreciate good points as well. Ironically, they're often the ones who are jaded -not being able to expect that things can be better than mediocre.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Ah yes of course!

Thanks for sharing guys!!