User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Colors, I want to know what your favorites are.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Colors, I want to know what your favorites are.
    Color is secretly a black and white flick fan.

*You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I forgot I posted this: My favorites are at the top, anything 8-10 is "Recommended for a general audience."

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/281170-post1.html

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Fair enough. But what is good?

1. Number of times you can watch it anew: Casablanca is amazingly complicated. I've seen it... once in a theater and twice on DVD (once in the evening and once more the next morning) and I didn't even feel like I was starting to understand it until that third time (Ebert is totally wrong. She loves old Rick but she doesn't know if new Rick is old Rick.)... And the ridonkulousness of the soft-light lens on Ingrid Bergman during the closeups.
    2. How much I bawled during the movie: I am Sam- I'm not even particularly familiar with the Beatles, but I'm a total mess the times I've seen this movie thanks to Sean Penn and Michelle Phieffer. And Nobody Knows - it's a Japanese artsie movie semi-based on a true story of a mom abandoning her kids in an apartment by themselves. The unveiling of life and the tiny moments through the tiny kids- their joy is your joy, their boredom- while the other tiny part of you views it as an adult- worrying and righteously angry. Kids make me cry a lot.
    3. How much I'm not sure I got it, at all, in the good way: Millenium Actress- beautiful animated film interweaving the life of an actress with her movies- very surreal but cohesive.
    4. How much I got it, totally: A second for The Breakfast Club. Totally contrived, but I feel every single obviously-scripted line all the same.
    5. How much I want everyone to end up happily: Sense and Sensibility(Ang Lee)
    6. How in suspense I am: Notorius(with Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant)- one of the most edge-of-the-seat moments in this movie involves walking. down the stairs. And Infernal Affairs- talking. on a cell phone. The clean crispness of the cinematography really gets me too.

I like happy movies too... can't really think of any at the moment though.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Fair enough. But what is good?

1. Number of times you can watch it anew: Casablanca is amazingly complicated. I've seen it... once in a theater and twice on DVD (once in the evening and once more the next morning) and I didn't even feel like I was starting to understand it until that third time (Ebert is totally wrong. She loves old Rick but she doesn't know if new Rick is old Rick.)... And the ridonkulousness of the soft-light lens on Ingrid Bergman during the closeups.
    2. How much I bawled during the movie: I am Sam- I'm not even particularly familiar with the Beatles, but I'm a total mess the times I've seen this movie thanks to Sean Penn and Michelle Phieffer. And Nobody Knows - it's a Japanese artsie movie semi-based on a true story of a mom abandoning her kids in an apartment by themselves. The unveiling of life and the tiny moments through the tiny kids- their joy is your joy, their boredom- while the other tiny part of you views it as an adult- worrying and righteously angry. Kids make me cry a lot.
    3. How much I'm not sure I got it, at all, in the good way: Millenium Actress- beautiful animated film interweaving the life of an actress with her movies- very surreal but cohesive.
    4. How much I got it, totally: A second for The Breakfast Club. Totally contrived, but I feel every single obviously-scripted line all the same.
    5. How much I want everyone to end up happily: Sense and Sensibility(Ang Lee)
    6. How in suspense I am: Notorius(with Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant)- one of the most edge-of-the-seat moments in this movie involves walking. down the stairs. And Infernal Affairs- talking. on a cell phone. The clean crispness of the cinematography really gets me too.

I like happy movies too... can't really think of any at the moment though.
    Lol. You have the same taste as me and my ISTP brother.

MBTI
    GONE

Default Documentaries are Where It's At!

Is that how you spell recommend? Probably.

Is it just me or are movies today getting more and more lame?

I want to watch something good. Got any suggestions?

Thank you!
    Truth is Better than Fiction
    Murderball -- Parapalegic basketball
    Streetfight -- Pre-Obama Dramatics
    Please Vote For Me -- Democracy Now! So timely with the Beijing Olympics
    King of Kong -- Nerd Up!

Fiction is Trippier Than Truth

Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome
    The Machinist
    Fantastic Planet
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Airplane, Billy Madison, The Shawshank Redemption, Philadelphia, The Bikini Carwash Company, 50 First Dates, Mr. Deeds, The Terminal, Sorority House Massacre II, Back to the Future, Back to the Future II, Back to the Future III, The Karate Kid, The Karate Kid II, Ghostbusters, The Three Amigos, Crocodile Dundee, Coming to America, Scooby Doo, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Finding Nemo, The Tigger Movie, Pooh's Heffalump Movie, Bikini Carwash Company II, Dinosaur Island, Zapped!, Sixteen Candles, The Arrival, Con-Air, Office Space, A League Of Their Own, Field of Dreams, National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon I, Hot Shots, Hot Shots Part Duex, Airplane II: The Sequel, Day of the Warrior, Step Brothers, Austin Powers, The Rat Race, The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Miracle Beach, Dead Again, Tarzan, Chicken Little, Space Chimps, Don't Mess with the Zohan, Elf, A Cinderella Story, Raise Your Voice, Scooby Doo 2, Little Nicky, The Wedding Singer, Never Been Kissed, Mean Girls, What Women Want, Desert Passion, Femalien, Ski School, Steel Magnolias, Speed, The Neverending Story, Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion, Mystery Date, Transformers: The Movie, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, Commando, WALL-E, Freaked, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, Short Circuit, Beavis & Butthead Do America, The Simpsons Movie, Cheaper by the Dozen, Superman II, Superman III, Star Trek 4, Star Trek 6, Can't Hardly Wait, Dude, Where's My Car?, The Waterboy, Cars, Knockouts, Emmanuelle In Space, Virtual Desire, The Passion of the Christ, The Nutty Professor, Freaky Friday, Tough Guys, Armageddon, Drop Dead Fred,, Beetlejuice, Working Girl, Mermaids, Mermaids of Ghost River, The Truman Show, Liar Liar, Executive Decision, Topless Window Washers, Muppets Christmas Carol, The Secret of NIMH, The Last Starfighter, Watership Down, The Naked Gun, National Lampoon's Vacation, The Man Who Knew Too Little, King Ralph, Groundhog Day, Tommy Boy, Black Sheep, PCU, A Few Good Men, A Time To Kill, Nothing To Lose, Bull Durham, Stranger Than Fiction, Teen Wolf.

Sorry I couldn't think of very many. Maybe more will come to me later.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

*Moves Samurai movie to bottom of list*
    Heh, don't take him too seriously. The Seven Samauri is much better than any movie that is influenced by it. It's influential because it's so good. Similarly I think many romance movies suck, but Casablanca is among the greatest films ever made. There are lots of bad films influenced by Casablanca, but that doesn't lower Casablanca's quality.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Heh, don't take him too seriously. The Seven Samauri is much better than any movie that is influenced by it. It's influential because it's so good. Similarly I think many romance movies suck, but Casablanca is among the greatest films ever made. There are lots of bad films influenced by Casablanca, but that doesn't lower Casablanca's quality.
    Well stated. I feel the same way about bands. I won't slag the first couple of Weezer albums because they influenced a generation of crappy bands. The music is great.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That sort of thing doesn't matter to me. You can't slag something off for being part of a larger series. Nobody thinks the first Harry Potter book is the best one, do they?
    To be fair, Star Wars wasn't meant to be part of a larger series like Harry Potter was.
    Also, Harry Potter fans aren't as elitist.
    I don't wanna!