User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    *sadness* That's one of those tiny things that really peeves me off. They decide to stylize the title sequence of the film and years later everyone's taking it literally (as opposed to when the movie came out when everyone just called it "Seven.") Great movie tho!
    It is a great movie. The Se7en thing is pretty silly, I agree, but that is how it is listed officially.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Donnie Darko that's all.
    Yay! I love that movie. Also, someone mentioned Talk to Her, which is also amazingly great (as are most of Almodovar's films).

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    It is a great movie. The Se7en thing is pretty silly, I agree, but that is how it is listed officially.
    Officially where. I know it is on IMDb, but that isn't official. (They call Star Wars "Episode IV" and it wasn't called that until the rerelease in '78)

MBTI
    ESFJ

Officially where. I know it is on IMDb, but that isn't official. (They call Star Wars "Episode IV" and it wasn't called that until the rerelease in '78)
    Allmovie has it under "Seven" but also has aka "Se7en." I believe the DVDs now are using "Se7en," as well.

Amazon.com: Seven (New Line Platinum Series): Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow, R. Lee Ermey, Andrew Kevin Walker, Daniel Zacapa, John Cassini, Bob Mack, Peter Crombie, Reg E. Cathey, George Christy, Endre Hules, Hawthorne James, William Da

The title is pretty much whatever the people who own the work says it is, original release be damned.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You have a point, but that's not how I see it. It's a work of art, would you allow Van Gogh's descendants (as if he ever scored) to alter Starry Night?

With "Seven," <--That's how the movie posters and old videos presented it. The only time it was "SE7EN" was about a quarter second on the screen.

MBTI
    INXP

Please stop caring.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    Please stop caring.
    I'm not getting riled up about it; it caresses my brain to have little pointless debates.

MBTI
    INXP

I don't mind talking about stair lifts.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ESFJ

You have a point, but that's not how I see it. It's a work of art, would you allow Van Gogh's descendants (as if he ever scored) to alter Starry Night?

With "Seven," <--That's how the movie posters and old videos presented it. The only time it was "SE7EN" was about a quarter second on the screen.
    I'd argue for Seven more as an aesthetic choice. Se7en just seems silly. Then again, a hundred years ago, libertarians were called "liberals" in the United States. The vernacular changed, and here we are now. I guess it's all in the marketing in this case. And, to be fair, Fincher and Andrew Kevin Walker and New Line are all still around, so this isn't the same situation as your example of Van Gogh's descendants fooling around with his life's work. I am sure this is the result of a meeting with people like Future Me (although, hopefully, these people are a little dumber and have less taste than Future Me), and deciding they could make more money this way.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    And, to be fair, Fincher and Andrew Kevin Walker and New Line are all still around, so this isn't the same situation as your example of Van Gogh's descendants fooling around with his life's work. I am sure this is the result of a meeting with people like Future Me (although, hopefully, these people are a little dumber and have less taste than Future Me), and deciding they could make more money this way.
    Aha! "I have you now." (--Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker at the Battle of Yavin.)

Have you seen George Lucas's revisions? They're a disgrace. You can't even get the original THX-1138 on DVD. So a revision by an artist who has lost his talent is no better than a revision by someone else.