User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 168

  1. #81
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Ah, chili, I have to make that again one of these days.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Austin can puss out faster than four fat bitches can sweat in a kennel.

    It's always tree-hugging purse-wearing this, or "I<3TEH ENVIROMENT SO ILL HATE SHOPPING BAGS BUT STILL DRIVE A CAR!" meat-hating that..
    That's a bit like Lawrence. Shitty activists, good music.

  3. #83
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's a bit like Lawrence. Shitty activists, good music.
    I've been to Austin a few times, the venues and the nightlife rock.. but the people keep the awesome bat colony and history from redeeming it for me.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Maabus1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I've been to Austin a few times, the venues and the nightlife rock.. but the people keep the awesome bat colony and history from redeeming it for me.
    Raleigh, near where I live, is like a clone of Austin. A tad less nightlife (mainly based around Chapel Hill/Caraborro right outside Raleigh) but the people aren't bad. They are putting a TON of money into this city of late to make it the renaissance city of the 21st century. We'll see if that works in the long run but the growth in the 2 years I've been here has been...wow.

    Highest single % with higher education then any city in the US! I guess that is a good thing for N's right?

    Too bad I am an hour away for my job, bleh. Gas needs to be 1 cent/gal for just me!

  5. #85
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Texas chili has no beans, correct?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #86
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Texas chili has no beans, correct?
    Think thats a personal preference. I tend to not eat beans in chili because people go overboard with them all the time.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Maabus1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    There are three places to go for excellent BBQ (listed alphabetically):

    Kansas City
    Memphis
    North Carolina

    Texass is so far down the list it is laughable. Let me spell it out for the Tejans since it's a big word: L-A-U-G-H-A-B-L-E.

    Don't even get me started on the Rio Grande Valley, aka North Mexico.
    I grew up in Montana and now live in North Carolina, so the BBQ to me is weird. However, from my time in New Mexico...GREEN CHILE MAKES EVERYTHING AWESOME. K done...

    Now to throw in some NC vs TX fun:

    North Carolina vs. Texas (real estate, home, rent) - General U.S. - City-Data Forum

    Weee, NC won in an inconsequential poll of a few random people trying to figure out where to live. Totally means NC is better! Uh oh here comes the Texans

    Plus my Dad was born in TX, and is retiring to NC, after he saw where I live. Eat that! Ok enough rambling. This might be fun because I have a lot of friends in TX and they can be quiet...proud.

  8. #88
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    I grew up in Montana and now live in North Carolina, so the BBQ to me is weird. However, from my time in New Mexico...GREEN CHILE MAKES EVERYTHING AWESOME. K done...

    Now to throw in some NC vs TX fun:

    North Carolina vs. Texas (real estate, home, rent) - General U.S. - City-Data Forum

    Weee, NC won in an inconsequential poll of a few random people trying to figure out where to live. Totally means NC is better! Uh oh here comes the Texans

    Plus my Dad was born in TX, and is retiring to NC, after he saw where I live. Eat that! Ok enough rambling. This might be fun because I have a lot of friends in TX and they can be quiet...proud.

    Two dumbasses a victory does not make dear. I was born in SC where we lived for a while, and moved to TX before I could remember. My parents have no intentions of going back. So by your logic, my parents negate your parents, and TX still rocks.

  9. #89
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Two dumbasses a victory does not make dear. I was born in SC where we lived for a while, and moved to TX before I could remember. My parents have no intentions of going back. So by your logic, my parents negate your parents, and TX still rocks.
    I'm still trying to figure out Houston.

    "When in Houston you must _________."

    Complete that sentence. Why would anyone want to visit?

  10. #90
    Senior Member Maabus1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Two dumbasses a victory does not make dear. I was born in SC where we lived for a while, and moved to TX before I could remember. My parents have no intentions of going back. So by your logic, my parents negate your parents, and TX still rocks.
    I think you missed my sarcastic comment over that vote...

    South Carolina is NOT North Carolina. So yes you need more...

    Too add to that. North Carolina has become a huge melting pot (unlike SC still being very southern) the last few years due to Charlotte and Raleigh. 3 out of 4 of my friends were not born in North Carolina down here. Most are from the midwest and NE. A bunch of Texans too

Similar Threads

  1. Leaving the US, taking Texas with me
    By Grand Admiral Crunch in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-13-2016, 10:40 AM
  2. You're on an island. With a television.
    By disregard in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 01:40 AM
  3. A Texas judge beats the crap out of daughter with a belt
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 03:48 PM
  4. [ISTP] ISTP Messin' With Peeps
    By sLiPpY in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 11:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO