Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by disTant_eCHo View Post
    "You may all go to hell; and I will go to Texas!" - Davy Crockett to the Tennessee senate.
    Crockett was such a masochist.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    But Texas "BBQ" sucks.

This is fact.
    Says who? You?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Says who? You?
    F-A-C-T

ByMySword

Cool

That's the attitude!

Shiner Bock for everyone!

At least you picked the right Texas beer.

F-A-C-T
    Oh yeah, I know what that means.

Fuck All Countries but Texas

Crockett was such a masochist.
    And Robert E. Lee was a pussy.

The Confederacies first choice for its General was in fact a Texan, but he died in an early battle.

Death by cannon ball. Because only a cannon ball can kill a Texan.

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    You can NOT fly the Texas flag as high as the American flag.

This is why I think in the long run Texans look at me weird when I visit, because being I'm an INTJ, I see through the B.S., therefore I'm no fun and/or offensive to them.

Being an INTJ has nothing to to with it. Ask Metamorphosis.

But you're right and distant is wrong on both accounts. Unfortunately I wasn't here to correct him. These are common Texas myths.

We're not allowed to secede from the union and we are only allowed to fly the flag AS HIGH as the US Flag.

Still, what other state can say that?

We are also allowed to divide ourselves into several smaller states if we ever felt the need to. Thats pretty cool too, but it'll never happen.

Edit: I do take offense that based on distant_Echo's weak arguments (for which we've had a discussion with him before, sorry distant, but you don't debate well) that all Texans are ignorant.

Arrogant, yes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

But you're right and distant is wrong on both accounts. Unfortunately I wasn't here to correct him. These are common Texas myths.

We're not allowed to secede from the union and we are only allowed to fly the flag AS HIGH as the US Flag.

All of them? There's no actual punishments for the flag thing, according to Snopes. I could go out there and fly the hammer and sickle higher than the US flag, and I wouldn't get fined or anything, as far as I know. If I did, that's pretty fucked up, actually.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    All of them? There's no actual punishments for the flag thing, according to Snopes. I could go out there and fly the hammer and sickle higher than the US flag, and I wouldn't get fined or anything, as far as I know. If I did, that's pretty fucked up, actually.
    Yeah, you probably wouldn't, but its more of a traditional respect thing.

Like not letting the American flag touch the ground.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Arrogant we definitely tend to be.. Just look at all the bad guys on Walker Texas Ranger?! Chuck Norris will be 90 still roundhouse kicking ignorance in its place.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

And Robert E. Lee was a pussy.

The Confederacies first choice for its General was in fact a Texan, but he died in an early battle.

Death by cannon ball. Because only a cannon ball can kill a Texan.
    Who was this?

I don't recall a Texan in line for command of the Army of Northern Virginia.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    The flag thing confuses me, because no one gets fined for putting the Mexican flag higher around here, and the flag's been burned without consequence before, but wasn't there a HUGE spat a while back about Donald Trump having his flag on a pole that was too tall or some shit like that? I remember vaguely watching it on the news in and out of napping.

MBTI
    INTJ

We are also allowed to divide ourselves into several smaller states if we ever felt the need to. Thats pretty cool too, but it'll never happen.

Edit: I do take offense that based on distant_Echo's weak arguments (for which we've had a discussion with him before, sorry distant, but you don't debate well) that all Texans are ignorant.

Arrogant, yes.
    You can fly any state flag as high as the US flag. It is how you position the US flag that is important.

If you have a single flag pole, the state flag is always underneath (course it would very hard to have them at the same height now wouldnt it:P)

And I have a lot of friends in Texas, I just know what gets you riled up with the arrogance thing. However, arrogance commonly leads to ignorance for most people (this does not apply to Texans only, but to everyone with an arrogant attitude). I do find it "funny" at times when you get a young Texan who actually leaves Texas and tries to keep up the Texas attitude outside of his home state. It cracks me up, but others not so much. I've had to pull a few friends back in my military days out of some bad situations because of it.

And the INTJ thing is just what we are good at, we smell BS since we are dominant Ni and are Te makes us say it out loud. I'm not claiming were the only type that can, we just of all the types the most prominent in being good at it. If you friend the INTJ digresses, good for him but it is probably a unique "software" difference, and I'm not going to find his opinion to be more valid then mine. "Hardware" wise, INTJ's are Ni/Te/Fi which is a very strong congnitive anti-BS combo.

On a second account, some of us can be very good at making up BS too (but that's "software").