User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 168

  1. #131
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disTant_eCHo View Post
    I'm listening ..
    Surely with the internet you can quickly debunk it yourself.

  2. #132

    Default

    Surely if you wanted to convince me, you would do it yourself.

    I presented my arguments to you based on basic knowledge and information learned from schooling, both past and present.

    I can't see myself being convinced to your argument until you present it because I'm not going to scour the internet all night to see if some guy on a message board was right or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ... if you don't know who Neil Peart is, then you're probably going to hell.

  3. #133
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disTant_eCHo View Post
    Surely if you wanted to convince me, you would do it yourself.

    I presented my arguments to you based on basic knowledge and information learned from schooling, both past and present.

    I can't see myself being convinced to your argument until you present it because I'm not going to scour the internet all night to see if some guy on a message board was right or not.
    I hadn't realized Texas education was so atrocious.

    Q: Doesn't the Texas Constitution reserve the right of Texas to secede?
    A: No such provision is found in the current Texas Constitution (adopted in 1876) or the terms of annexation.
    Texas Secession Facts - Texas Secede - TexasSecede.com
    Another Texas-related legend holds that the Texans negotiated an annexation treaty which reserved to them the right to secede from the Union without the consent of the U.S. Congress, but the terms of Texas' annexation contain no such provision.
    snopes.com: Texas Dividing into Five States
    The annexation resolution has been the topic of some incorrect historical beliefs-one that remains is that the resolution granted Texas the explicit right to secede from the Union.
    Republic of Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    That took um... 5 minutes.

  4. #134

    Default

    :rolli: When I referred to the education, I meant everything I've said in this post in summary, not what I know or don't know of Virginia.

    As for your arguments, although half-assed, thanks for the effort. Imagine if you were watching a debate and one of the candidates retorted a point with, "look it up online."
    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ... if you don't know who Neil Peart is, then you're probably going to hell.

  5. #135
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disTant_eCHo View Post
    I was in error, you corrected me. Thank you.
    FYP

  6. #136

    Default

    Of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ... if you don't know who Neil Peart is, then you're probably going to hell.

  7. #137
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disTant_eCHo View Post
    Of course.
    That's the attitude!

    Shiner Bock for everyone!


  8. #138
    Senior Member Maabus1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    528

    Default

    And as a nationalist in a way, here is another INCORRECT Texas fact you promoted:

    snopes.com: High Flier

    You can NOT fly the Texas flag as high as the American flag.

    Seriously, do people in Texas REALLY believe this??? While you all are friendly, no wonder everyone else in the country looks at you strange at times. Arrogance combined with ignorance is not a good combo.

    This is why I think in the long run Texans look at me weird when I visit, because being I'm an INTJ, I see through the B.S., therefore I'm no fun and/or offensive to them.

  9. #139
    lurking.... Wyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,662

    Default


  10. #140

    Default

    "You may all go to hell; and I will go to Texas!" - Davy Crockett to the Tennessee senate.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ... if you don't know who Neil Peart is, then you're probably going to hell.

Similar Threads

  1. Leaving the US, taking Texas with me
    By Grand Admiral Crunch in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-13-2016, 10:40 AM
  2. You're on an island. With a television.
    By disregard in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 01:40 AM
  3. A Texas judge beats the crap out of daughter with a belt
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 03:48 PM
  4. [ISTP] ISTP Messin' With Peeps
    By sLiPpY in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 11:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO