First 910111213 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by disTant_eCHo View Post
    This is true, I'm not trying to build Houston up as a tourism hot-spot either; I'm simply answering his provoking questions.

Quite frankly I can't blame the average US citizen for not wanting to go visit Houston one day, but it is ignorant not to recognize how important the city is for its country and state.
    I agree.

That statement actually wasn't aimed at you, former Brother.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to assume that most of that is incorrect. Sounds like that article has a political agenda, for which I have no tolerance.

I go to school in Clear Lake at UHCL and personally I like the area. I was just marveling today at the really nice houses people over there have.

I mean, lets face it. I could type "California sucks" in google and find just as many articles if not more saying just that.

That doesn't mean its necessarily true........even though it is.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I'm still not feelin' the Houston love.

I know they have things, but why go there when I can head to San Antonio and their Riverwalk? There's just nothing that really grabs my attention.

Okay, maybe the NASA tour, but I've been to Space Camp. I can get up and walk to the Air & Space Museum within 15 minutes from where I'm sitting. So to go to Houston...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

I so typed in Texas sucks, how did you know?!?!?

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

I've lived in all parts of Houston and by far I would have to say the North part (past Gunspoint) is the best part to live. I grew up in the Spring/Woodlands area and I want nothing more right now than to move back there. The people are great (drastically different from the ones in our area, BMS) the school districts are way better and the area is rapidly growing with things to do all over the place. The Woodlands Mall has practically exploded in size in the last couple of years and now they even have Market Street. It's insane. Plus Olde Town Spring has its own vibrant history (not to mention it's reportedly haunted). Conroe is decent as well, so long as you don't get close to Cut N Shoot. There's also a very recent shopping district by 242 that resembles Venice. At the Woodlands mall, there's even a little Venice river with boat rides - it's crazy. The houses, while not as new as those in Clear Lake or Sugarland, in the Woodlands are still very impressive. Every time we had to sell candy bars for school or something, my mom always took us to the rich people in the Woodlands and we were done easy after one Saturday afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ... if you don't know who Neil Peart is, then you're probably going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'm still not feelin' the Houston love.

I know they have things, but why go there when I can head to San Antonio and their Riverwalk? There's just nothing that really grabs my attention.

Okay, maybe the NASA tour, but I've been to Space Camp. I can get up and walk to the Air & Space Museum within 15 minutes from where I'm sitting. So to go to Houston...
    I'm not going to convince you to come and visit Houston (or answer your question for the 3rd time) because frankly, I don't care if you do or don't. I could also pose the same question to you and your state but again, I don't care less about visiting Virginia.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, I'm going to assume that most of that is incorrect. Sounds like that article has a political agenda, for which I have no tolerance.
    Those were simple stats, sad simple stats, but stats nonetheless.

They weren't doctored or manufactured for some political agenda, and surely you are intelligent enough to know that.

I mean, lets face it. I could type "California sucks" in google and find just as many articles if not more saying just that.
    No, really, you couldn't.

California is a great state, like, indisputably so, environmentally, geographically, ecologically, demographically, and economically, period.

LOL, and I say this objectively because I ain't no patriot, and could give two shits if the state I happen to reside in is awesome or awful.

Just because Texas sucks doesn't mean that *you* suck.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    ... California is a great state ... geographically ...
    I would reconsider this. I just spent 4 hours in geology class today studying plate drifts and three major examples, one of them being the San Andreas fault. In a nutshell: the people living there are idiots for more than several reasons when it comes to the plates in that fault zone.

Also:

Results 1 - 10 of about 423,000 for California sucks. (0.15 seconds)
    Also, I'm not worried in the least about my home being consumed by an annual wildfire.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by disTant_eCHo View Post
    I'm not going to convince you to come and visit Houston (or answer your question for the 3rd time) because frankly, I don't care if you do or don't. I could also pose the same question to you and your state but again, I don't care less about visiting Virginia.
    Don't convince me!

Convince all the people that will read this.