User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default The R.I.P. Thread

Post here when your favorite things break or wear out.

Favorite jeans, I knew when I found that small hole in your thigh that your days were numbered. But I didn't have to accelerate your demise. Today, that small hole in your thigh soothed my need to fiddle with something as I worked. Picking and caressing the fuzzy edge kept me entertained on that low-awareness level that helps me concentrate, and I love you for that. However, I regret that this fiddling led to me pulling out entire threads that wrapped all the way around your leg. I should have foreseen that the small hole in your thigh would spread and eventually your entire right leg would be hanging from the few threads that did not fall victim to my urge to fiddle. Of course, then they did, because you were doomed anyway. So now, as I walk somberly to the bedroom in you, the breeze on my right leg reminding me of your mutilation, I remove you for the last time. R.I.P., favorite jeans.

*moment of silence*
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

I, too also lost a dear pair of jeans this week. I went to put them on Friday morning and discovered that tear along the seam in the groinal area that always signifies a terminal diagnosis. Oh, jeans...we walked together in Ireland, ate dim sum in Hong Kong, and sat in beer in Hollywood. Once, somebody other than me even took you off. I shall miss you, old buddy. Salut!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

*pats Ivy* Perfectly worn-in jeans are true sorrow when they pass on.

In that same spirit, I wish to bewail the downfall of my favorite bra.

Favorite bra - I knew it was only a matter of time before some male executive took the helm at Maidenform and banned you from the earth by replacing you with ugly, trendy, boob-smashing seamless microfiber bras that press down across the top and make an undesirable shape and line under clothes. You were the Old Skool, seamed and unpadded like your predecessors from the 50s and 60s when people knew how to shape a woman's figure. You were one of the reasons for the "sweater girls". I miss your kind, and continue to cling to you even though your spandex is starting to fray from the nylon.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INXP

Zoom Airlines, died along with $2000 of my money, and flights that will never be realised earlier this week.

This thread is such a fun idea that I'm already mourning the day that it eventually runs out of steam.

Oh, R.I.P. thread...you were so much fun and you contained such tales of love and devotion. You were an endearing thread in a forum full of dogma, bile and claptrap. Your light touch will be sorely missed.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I'm at a loss, but my best friend crashed his five-year-old-looking 1979 Trans Am. RIP, Trans Am.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    *pats Ivy* Perfectly worn-in jeans are true sorrow when they pass on.

In that same spirit, I wish to bewail the downfall of my favorite bra.

Favorite bra - I knew it was only a matter of time before some male executive took the helm at Maidenform and banned you from the earth by replacing you with ugly, trendy, boob-smashing seamless microfiber bras that press down across the top and make an undesirable shape and line under clothes. You were the Old Skool, seamed and unpadded like your predecessors from the 50s and 60s when people knew how to shape a woman's figure. You were one of the reasons for the "sweater girls". I miss your kind, and continue to cling to you even though your spandex is starting to fray from the nylon.
    Note to the ladies: Please post more stories like this one. Thanks in advance.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Goodbye dear flip-flops... I bought you for $2 from a street vendor in Brazil, which is awesome since they were a pair of Havainas and would have cost 10 times as much here. The fact that your soles have worn thinner than tissue paper and sharp sticks poke through them probably means that I should break down and buy a new pair of shoes, but where in the US will I find a bright pink and orange pair?!?!?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Thread rated.

MBTI
    infp

I threw out my favourite jeans like a year ago, too. Hopefully I'm going to get new ones tommorow.