EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP

It is more sad for those who are prejudiced, because they are full of fear, running from themselves, understanding, and the truth.

They are angry and afraid, trapped inside their own protective cell upon which they have painted their distorted interpretation of the world, to block out the painful realities of life which they've chosen not to work with.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

It *does* seem to mark the individual out as someone who is cowering under a false load.

Where do you think the prejudices start? Do we really learn them from others? Or do we adopt them to compensate for a perceptual problem?

For example, you were eating a ham sandwich when a bee stung you. If your Se is faulty, it might connect the two together, saying that bees and ham sandwiches are harmful to you, therefore you assume every bee is trying to sting you and every ham sandwich is part of the bee sting equation.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    It is more sad for those who are prejudiced, because they are full of fear, running from themselves, understanding, and the truth.

They are angry and afraid, trapped inside their own protective cell upon which they have painted their new interpretation of the world, to block out the painful reality which they've chosen not to work with.
    Wow. You are amazing.

You just made me feel like 10 times better.

I'm going to follow you around and snag all the little nugets of wisdom that you leave lying around here.

Your writing style is enrapturing.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    It *does* seem to mark the individual out as someone who is cowering under a false load.

Where do you think the prejudices start? Do we really learn them from others? Or do we adopt them to compensate for a perceptual problem?

For example, you were eating a ham sandwich when a bee stung you. If your Se is faulty, it might connect the two together, saying that bees and ham sandwiches are harmful to you, therefore you assume every bee is trying to sting you and every ham sandwich is part of the bee sting equation.
    I'm going our for a ham sandwich and some honey on wheat bread. I'll be back to this thread later.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Wow. You are amazing.

You just made me feel like 10 times better.

I'm going to follow you around and snag all the little nugets of wisdom that you leave lying around here.

Your writing style is enrapturing.
    Thanks. It's a good idea for a thread.

Prejudice is a constituent of the in-group/out-group phenomenon.

Do not be made to feel inferior by prejudice when it is directed at you--it is not a reflection of you as an individual or the group being targeted to which you belong. It is about gross misunderstanding and/or the displacement of unwanted emotions on the part of the possessor of the prejudice.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Prejudice is a defense mechanism. There is nothing wrong with defending yourself, last time I checked.

It's not limited to people, but also experiences or ideas.

For example, I know that trying out certain experiences will be a waste of time and have no value, so why waste energy getting up and doing it?

Or perhaps someone suggests a new idea for whatever reason. You know in your mind that the idea is stupid (possibly along with the person who conjured the idea), so why waste trying it out?

Another example is not wanting to see a movie because it looks dumb. It will be a waste of $10.00 and, on average, two hours of your life. Why waste your life?

I hope you all have learned a lesson.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Or perhaps someone suggests a new idea for whatever reason. You know in your mind that the idea is stupid (possibly along with the person who conjured the idea), so why waste trying it out?
    This is not really example of prejudice, as if someone shares their idea with you, and you come to the conclusion that it is stupid, then you have made an informed judgment, given, of course, that you have the sufficient cognitive capacity to foresee problems and obstacles associated with the failure of the idea.

Now, if you shot down their idea because the person has never presented good ideas before--not because the idea was faulty--then that would be prejudice. (And, I could see how this would be a form of self-defense.)

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Thanks. It's a good idea for a thread.

Prejudice is a constituent of the in-group/out-group phenomenon.

Do not be made to feel inferior by prejudice when it is directed at you--it is not a reflection of you as an individual or the group being targeted to which you belong. It is about gross misunderstanding and/or the displacement of unwanted emotions on the part of the possessor of the prejudice.
    I never felt inferior. Only enraged. Dissapointed. Sad.