User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

I read a lot of w e l c o m e . w w w . m a y h e m . n e t . I am definitely interested in the violent and the macabre. I woke up and watched Most Evil this morning, then went out for dim sum.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Oberon

Lima beans.

GUH. ROH. TESQUE.

When I was a little kid, my dad made me eat the lima beans from our garden, which were always picked too late. Consequently they were mealy, bitter, and had a tough skin on the outside. You couldn't put enough butter, salt, and pepper on those things to make 'em palatable. I've hated all lima beans by association ever since.

Some of you think Vegemite is gross - some of you think it looks like sump oil - and of course it is - it is the sump oil left over from beer making.

But the secret is to spread it on thickly.

Oberon

You know, I've never had the opportunity to try Vegemite. I might well like it. I find many other controversial sorts of things palatable... sardines in mustard sauce, for example.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Some of you think Vegemite is gross - some of you think it looks like sump oil - and of course it is - it is the sump oil left over from beer making.

But the secret is to spread it on thickly.
    I hung out with a NZ backpacker for a couple of weeks in Copenhagen who introduced me to it. Naturally he wasn't inclined to share much of it (as it's not exactly easy to come by except in the UK and down under), but I got some tastes and liked it. Tastes like beer, except it doesn't. Hard to describe really, but that's why I liked it. Nothing tastes like Vegemite (except beer, which doesn't.)
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    You know, I've never had the opportunity to try Vegemite. I might well like it. I find many other controversial sorts of things palatable... sardines in mustard sauce, for example.

Yes, I like sardines in mustard sauce. I like sardines and I like mustard - together they are tasty.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    I hung out with a NZ backpacker for a couple of weeks in Copenhagen who introduced me to it. Naturally he wasn't inclined to share much of it (as it's not exactly easy to come by except in the UK and down under), but I got some tastes and liked it. Tastes like beer, except it doesn't. Hard to describe really, but that's why I liked it. Nothing tastes like Vegemite (except beer, which doesn't.)
    It tastes like the nastiest, skunkiest beer you've ever drank, turned into a spreadable jam.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It tastes like the nastiest, skunkiest beer you've ever drank, turned into a spreadable jam.
    Ooo! Sounds like it would go good on a sardine sandwich!

MBTI
    INFP

That's the one. Exactly like that. It's so crazy it works.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INXP

Well.. obviously vegemite is awful, it's the ozzie version. The British marmite is delicious! Toasted crumpets with marmite is a regular lunch for me at work. All I need is a bowler hat and a Dick Van Dyke accent to complete the set!