123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Vine Vs. Internet Forums

What is the appeal. I don't get it. Doesn't anyone want to talk about anything in depth anymore?

https://vine.co/u/994066362320162816

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes GarrotTheThief, senza tema liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I loath vine. At first It was interesting but i started getting a migraine. It's not meant for the human mind. It causes great physical harm to the body. We were made for at least a few half seconds of continuity. Six seconds is just a bunch of cow dung.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

generational gap, attention spans are outdated.

i'm too old for vine tbh

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    generational gap, attention spans are outdated.

i'm too old for vine tbh
    Not really. We're around the same age. It might be on the edge, but vines are fairly popular with that pop still.

I never really got Vines. They just...aren't funny to me. I mean, there are some 10 second YouTube vids I find funny, but the vast majority are not. You need to be a bit longer to be funny. Every vine consists of a quick several jumps and yelling at the camera in poor audio quality. I guess I see the appeal if you are just Vining back and forth to a friend, but it just isn't funny to me.

At the OP, it's not about depth. It's just about being too short and too amateur to be funny.

Well, I'll say that there are a few Vines that I've laughed at, but the majority are just stupid. To each his own I guess.

MBTI
    INFJ

Nothing wrong with Vines. I've seen a few that are really funny. other than maybe people suck at making good ones

Not everything has to be about conversations and interpersonal action. Do you knock someone who makes a notebook sketch because it's trite and doesn't communicate anything? How about paintings? One panel cartoons?

Think less of short attentions spans and more like long moving pictures. Look hard enough and I'm sure you'll find something to be pretentious about.
    Likes /DG/, chickpea, Video liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Moreover there's something to be said for minimalism and I think getting a point across in 6 seconds is a form of mastery.

Just look at this. It's funny and 6 seconds is just about exactly what is needed to convey the idea. We could use more, but do we need to? It can and has been argued that less can be more, and that adding more some times takes away.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I hate vines
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

safe to say vines are a total waste of time.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    What is the appeal. I don't get it. Doesn't anyone want to talk about anything in depth anymore?

https://vine.co/u/994066362320162816
    The evidence would seem not, although I can understand it, craft a serious discussion and get "wot" or "google it" or some snide, nasty and low remark from some idiot capable of not much more than that why would you bother?

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

suffice it to say many people will suffer in the long run for using vine since it is addictive, unproductive, and kills creativity by creating derivative art similar to what happened to pop music in the 90's 2010's and is still occurring now...hence we have someone who sings magnificently, Beyonce, sing lyrics which a four year old can write.

In fact watching a beyonce music video is like watching a saturday night live video except sad as well as funny since we are seeing such great talent wasted on such pathetic song content...

vine is just a symptom of the degradation of talent and skill but i see it as a positive sign since television is also disintegrating and losing its potency, we the last couple generations will suffer ignorance but the next couple will be brighter, it's an up and down curve...we are at the bottom of a trough.

It may seem random to compare a pop star to vine but it is not because both are laid on a foundation of short attention span, generalizations and stereotyping, racism, and extreme ignorance.
    it was open
    -the end"