User Tag List

First 1234 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

0/12 on a scale of 0-12 on how healthy vine is for you.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    yupp

i don't get why people get so angry about shit that doesn't actually affect them. people are nuts over it. its not gonna take their lively hood, and no one forces them to watch them, movies are still gonna exist. seriously. that being said most aren't good but same could be said a lot of longer forms media. this is like me getting mad cuz a long ass time ago someone decided stop is red well clearly stop should be black because black=death and stop is short death in a sense, but what good would that do? not a damn thing and the fact that red means stop does not effect an a physical, mental, spirtual, or emotional level. Yes I realize this post makes me a hypocrit but so are you, probably.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i don't get why people get so angry about shit that doesn't actually affect them.
    I wouldn't say I am angry about vines, I just don't like them. In truth though, I wish they didn't exist and weren't so popular. Though, I can explain why I respond this way. I see vines as a potential "risk" for changing the way media is predominately made, handled, and viewed. The fact that videos are so short, and as I describe "ADD", I just can't enjoy them. Because of their popularity, there is a part of me that fears it's going to influence media to become shorter, reduced in content/meaning, and effectively because a lot more superficial. This would be upsetting to me because I would have less content I could enjoy myself. Further, it starts shifting the collective attention span of the populous, which I already think is too short. That I see as not just frustrating, but potentially harmful (albeit mildly so) in the long term.

So in a way, it actually does have the potential to effect me. Of course I recognize that this is just petty personal reasons, and my external society based reasons are weak, so I have little valid basis to push back against it. Hence I don't get too up in arms and crusade-y about it beyond a simple "I hate this".
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I wouldn't say I am angry about vines, I just don't like them. In truth though, I wish they didn't exist and weren't so popular. Though, I can explain why I respond this way. I see vines as a potential "risk" for changing the way media is predominately made, handled, and viewed. The fact that videos are so short, and as I describe "ADD", I just can't enjoy them. Because of their popularity, there is a part of me that fears it's going to influence media to become shorter, reduced in content/meaning, and effectively because a lot more superficial. This would be upsetting to me because I would have less content I could enjoy myself. Further, it starts shifting the collective attention span of the populous, which I already think is too short. That I see as not just frustrating, but potentially harmful (albeit mildly so) in the long term.

So in a way, it actually does have the potential to effect me. Of course I recognize that this is just petty personal reasons, and my external society based reasons are weak, so I have little valid basis to push back against it. Hence I don't get too up in arms and crusade-y about it beyond a simple "I hate this".
    thats fine but attention spans have been getting shorter before vine existed. i think vine is just a result of that. its like blaming a child for what his grandfather did before he was born. you're allowed to hate whatever you want, i just am very against censorship and saying vines should be gone is an attempt at censorship. if i don't like something or am offended by it that's on me because i'm sure there are people who like them. i have no right to say what someone can or can't enjoy. I'm not god, though i would make a gorgeous one.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

There's not much of a "vs." here--they're very different things. It's like asking why everybody flocked from scissors to selfie sticks.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes prplchknz, chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    There's not much of a "vs." here--they're very different things. It's like asking why everybody flocked from scissors to selfie sticks.
    were scissors really popular in the past?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I tend to call Vines and "random" videos of the sort which aim for the quick nonsensical humor as Ne humor. I spent my fair share of time on it when I felt like I didn't have anything better to do. I really hated realizing how much time I wasted on it after wasting it and dropped it.
    It does have to do with depth. As Ni is "deep", Ne is surface level, as Ni is focused, Ne is random and which function is the one which is proclaimed to be oh so rare? It's not Ne. So by that logic, you could only assume that things which tickle the fancy of Ne users to be much more popular much more commonly as it's much more prominent.
    tumblr
    It's no fun to lose.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    were scissors really popular in the past?
    I guess so, they probably became the bee's knees back when people had to cut paper with their fingers in a scissoring motion?
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I guess so, they probably became the bee's knees back when people had to cut paper with their teeth..?
    when did this ever happen? i'd imagine most did the fold and lick method.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I loath vine. At first It was interesting but i started getting a migraine. It's not meant for the human mind. It causes great physical harm to the body. We were made for at least a few half seconds of continuity. Six seconds is just a bunch of cow dung.

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes prplchknz, Ghost liked this post