12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Cards Against Humanity?

I can imagine this being hilarious with some of the members on here, this needs to happen XD Time zones may be an issue though...
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Best. Party. Card. Game. Evah.

...I just bought the Munchkins Princess pack today. Yes, that's a different game, but you just made me think of it. (We have a pretty decent local gaming store with a huge play area as well as huge store area.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Obsidius liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

What is it?

I've seen people talk about it on facebook and I think I read about some controversy about it and some people wanting to ban it, when the know your meme site it a piece on triggering or trigger phase or trigger event as a thing being posted on websites or forums I saw commentators mentioning cards against humanity.

It seems to be a really popular thing but I've never played it nor know much about it.

I bought something called Citadels a while back to review on Amazon but there wasnt much interest with the people I generally play games with, they're fans of more straight forward stuff or browser games, some retro console and computer gamers but I dont know many table top gamers.

Most of them if I try and get a game going they're all about poker or something like that.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's basically Apples to Apples, but the adult version. So it can get pretty risque, so that might be a turn-off for you; Apples to Apples itself is clean and family-oriented.

One reason it got popular is because it was kind of "homespun" and it's still pretty cheap-box in production quality and approach.

The game consists of two decks of cards (questions and answers).

One deck is full of questions; sentences with a word missing; or some other "fill in the answer/blank" style text.

The other deck is full of cards with answers on them -- typically nouns, names, activities, actions, or whatever could be an "answer" to something.

Everyone gets a number of cards (seven for Apples to Apples) that they keep secret.
    One person (the Asker) draws a Question card and reads it.
    Everyone else looks at their cards, picks one that 'answers' the question in some way, then hands it to the Asker face-down. The Asker shuffles all the submitted answers so he doesn't know who is who, then reads each answer in turn, and then chooses the best answer. The person who submitted that answer gets a point.

Everyone who submitted a card gets to draw a replacement. The next person in the circle becomes the Asker and reads the next question card, then picks a winner from all the submitted answers.

And so on.

So there's a kind of subjectivity to it, depending on who the current Asker happens to be. You can play a straight answer, you can play a funny answer, you can play anything in your hand that you think addresses the question in some way. If you don't have an appropriate card, you can just toss out a junk card so you can replace it on the next turn.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Obsidius liked this post

I bought Cards Against Humanity as a Christmas gift for my daughter's 5w6 boyfreind. He said it was the perfect gift and he could have written the questions himself. We all played after dinner on Christmas Eve, I never laughed so hard. I told him I must really have a sick sense of humor.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I love this game so much! My birthday present to myself this year is (hopefully) to buy the whole set--all the expansions, the box, the everythings. I really missed out not buying myself the whole set of Kwanzaa stuff, but I bought it for my BF so it's sort of like owning it.

The best part is if you're cheap about it you can make your own set. I made the French version for my french buddies they really enjoyed it. They have a pretty funny pirate 'translation'.

They did a 10 days of Kwanzaa (or whatever) and at the end they bought a private island and gave everyone a tiny flag and one square foot of legit ownership of the island along with a badASS map of it and they named it "Hawaii 2" and if you plug in the coordinates it shows up on google as Hawaii 2. but it doesn't show up if you just search for it unfortunately. I'm definitely participating in nearly anything they do from now on.. I love the company a lots.

Pretend You're Xyzzy

Also, there's a website to help us out if we wanted to play but best something organized on vent--which I, unfortunately, STILL cannot get to work on my computer for this site.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I don't know about this game, but I played the picture version of Apples to Apples about a year ago, and I found it so revolting that I had to walk out of the room. They need to release a version of it for people who aren't into things like full-body casts, malodorous bathroom stalls, and sadism.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    I don't know about this game, but I played the picture version of Apples to Apples about a year ago, and I found it so revolting that I had to walk out of the room. They need to release a version of it for people who aren't into things like full-body casts, malodorous bathroom stalls, and sadism.
    What's the picture version? I've never seen that.

And is that an official version of A2A? I could be wrong, but I've met the cartoonist for the original version (John Kovalic) and am aware of his normal work, and he's pretty much rated G and PG. That also doesn't sound like typical card content for original A2A.

I heartily recommend you avoid Cards Against Humanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What's the picture version? I've never seen that.

And is that an official version of A2A? I could be wrong, but I've met the cartoonist for the original version (John Kovalic) and am aware of his normal work, and he's pretty much rated G and PG. That also doesn't sound like typical card content for original A2A.

I heartily recommend you avoid Cards Against Humanity.
    I might be confusing it with something else, but I could swear it was called Apples to Apples. In all likelihood, half the reason it impacted me so much was because I was recovering from a severe breakdown at the time. Aside from the pics I mentioned (they were photos), I remember there being phrases roughly along the lines of, "I wish this were only an alien abduction," and "'No' means 'yes.'" It was overall a little bit creepy and sadistic from my POV.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I love that game.
    4w5 so/sp - 5w4 sx/so - 9w1 sp/sx
    Fi>Ne>Ni>Si>Ti >Fe>Te>Se
    Phlegmatic/Melancholic
    Sensitive