User Tag List

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Default Our mythical existence and blah

Naturally as I'm sure almost everyone on here has, I obviously go through existential crises.

I kind of wanted a thread where people can discuss random thoughts and theories they may have had about us humans and our existence. They can be complete and utter shite, just moments where you've wondered about something which may not even make sense.

E.g. Some weeks ago, I thought about the whole 'what if we're just imaginary constructs from a person's mind' thing and I really started to delve into that idea a little bit, this was just while I was walking back home from shopping at night. I was staring in the sky and wondered why it is that our bodies are not capable to leave Earth without aid, and why have we not perceived such 'intelligent' life on other planets as we have here. And combining that thought with that of being imaginary constructs in someone's mind, I wondered what if we are in a box within this person's mind, a section of their brain that has been locked away dedicated to generating and destroying faux lives on a fictional planet, I mean this person's a bit cray, and obvs gets bored with some of us so kills us off to make space for another faux human to entertain them. I mean it'll explain why so many people do similar things even when they're from different cultures/countries, maybe this person isn't creative enough to make each human they synthesize entirely unique. Anyway, if we're in a box/section of this person's mind maybe that means we're not supposed to leave that section and why it's so difficult to leave. And maybe we don't see any supposedly intelligent life on other planets because they're just other sections, and maybe those conjured thoughts are mostly invisible to us. But then again does the fact that we can actually visit those planets mean we are actually supposed to regardless of how hard it was to do so. And maybe if they get bored of our planet and playing with us they'll demolish the planet entirely and move on to the next one, so if we discovered a legit way to thrive on another planet like Mars or whatnot and some people were transferred there before demolition of Earth would that mean those were this person's favourite characters and he wants to continue a story with them?

So I guess all in all, I was simply wondering if we even exist or not.

This has been a pointless post, I'd love to see more pointless posts regarding our existence! Enough of the facts, just give me stupid theories. Maybe things about the fundamentals of our lives, like for example the whole concept of being asleep. I conjured a random thought about sleep which is just as silly as the one above if not sillier. So maybe just random thought pop-ups concerning our lives.

Likes laterlazer liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I wonder what existential crisis were before existentialism?
    Likes laterlazer liked this post

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wonder what existential crisis were before existentialism?
    Probably madness.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Hmmm. I tend to take the existentialist route, that is, the only thing I can be sure of is my own existence, everything else is "absurd". Of course, many people have a hard time considering this idea, mainly because most people tend to believe that there are objective truths, or absolutes, without realising... Anyway, the whole "imaginary constructs" thing is a good mind-fuck, but the truth of the matter is, it is best to believe what takes the least amount of assumptions, but is still adequate. This being the Razor of Occam. So, yes, we do exist, because that is literally all we can know! From then on, everything else is essentially a clump of assumptions, reasonable or not. Thing is, I don't find this to be of any comfort. Because this literally means I can only be sure of myself, which is someone scarier, kind of feels like being a flashlight in a dark and thick zeitgeist of ideas, facts, figures, and opinions. Just my two cents.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.